Torn rotator cuff

Beast116

Awards
I have a torn rotator cuff. I wanted to know what are some of things I can do to try to heel it? Thanks a lot guys!

updownupdown

updownupdown

Awards
Id see a Dr if you're able to. If that is not possible stay off the injury for awhile to let it heal. There are some rehab exercises you can do if you do a simple google search. Good luck! Id def limit use until you see a Doc.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I just had surgery for a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum. Not fun. If it's totally torn, you'll likely need surgery.

Partyball

Awards
U sure it's a rotator cuff? I thought the same thing til I saw a doc and found out I had a torn labrum. See a doc then go from there. Best of luck

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I had a torn labrum about two years ago. I went to the doc and of course he wanted operate. I talked to several people who had surgery for a torn labrum and none were very please with their results. I chose to let it heal naturally. It took about 18 months but if feels fine now. It sometimes hurts a little if I push it too hard but I think that will get better with time as well. My doc said it would heal by itself but it would never be 100%. I'm guessing it's about 97% at this point. That may be all the better it will get. But I don't think that surgery would have made much difference and would have cost a lot of money and been much more painful. I countinued to workout throught the healing process. I just didn't do anything that agravated the shoulder.

Beast116

Awards
I'm not sure.. Id doesn't hurt at all. It only hurts when I throw a ball hard or throw a punch and it feels like it comes out of the socket or something with major pain... Do you think its the Rotator cuff? Thanks a lot BBB!

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
My shoulder was getting worse, to the point I couldn't sleep. No overhead presses, no benching, couldn't even rest my elbow out the window when driving the car with the window down. After 5 years of this, enough was enough. The shoulder 3 months after surgery feels MUCH better but it's tight from scar tissue. If it doesn't improve, I may have to have follow-up surgery to remove the scar tissue. Talk about humbling, I went from benching 295 for reps last summer to doing 95lbs for reps last week. That kinda sucks but it will be better in the long run!

Beast116

Awards
yeah My shoulder doesn't hurt at all when benching or lifting. Neither when Im doing anything else. It only starts hurting when I throw something hard.. then something feels like it came out of the socket and I have to pull my arm up to slide it back in. I feel it sliding back in. I think it might not be my rotator cuff cause Edvamp your story is much more hardcore. Man sometimes we survive such pain hoping it might get better.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
You need an actual diagnosis before anyone can give you any meaningful advice. Go get tested by an ortho, PT, or someone else who knows what they are doing and find out what the problem is. It doesn't sound like a typical rotator cuff problem, but it's impossible to tell over the internet.

Beast116

Awards
I will do that as soon as I can afford insurance or finally get a full time job man.. so thats I why I was getting peoples thought about this.. Thanks a log guys!

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
yeah My shoulder doesn't hurt at all when benching or lifting. Neither when Im doing anything else. It only starts hurting when I throw something hard.. then something feels like it came out of the socket and I have to pull my arm up to slide it back in. I feel it sliding back in. I think it might not be my rotator cuff cause Edvamp your story is much more hardcore. Man sometimes we survive such pain hoping it might get better.
This sounds very similar to my injury. I would give it a few months and see if it gets better. Surgery is no picnic. I'm glad I waited.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
My mom just had surgery on her RC, last Thursday. She ruptured her infraspinatus.

Don't **** with your RC, get it checked out.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I've heard a few good things about cissus and rotator cuffs.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Doctors love to operate, it's big bucks. Do yourself a favor and wait and see. If it doesn't get any better you've lost nothing. It's not a life threatening injury but it is very annoying and very inconvienient. My wife had to help me dress for a few weeks until my shoulder improved. I even had to wipe my butt with the opp hand for a while.

Silversupra81

Awards
I had (have) a torn right labrum rotator cuff. If you can afford to, get an MRI to see how bad it actually is. My was torn but not all the way. Since then I had ART (active release technique) performed on it, twice a week from a chiropractor for about a month. I paid roughly 25/session out of pocket. If that's not an option for you, use resistance bands and as suggested google shoulder rehab. The biggest thing you can do is rest it and ice. Old boring **** is often the best for an injury. Me personally, I train shoulders no more than 2x/week. In doing so I can jerk 225, do hand stand push ups, and am pain free. If I get stupid (overtrain) my shoulder kindly lets me know by hurting like a bitch, swelling, and making me lay off. Would surgery fix it? Maybe... Do I want to go through with having some one cut into me and attempt to fix it? NO