Critique Friend's Split

Musclehead69

Awards
As far as I know, my friend doesn't use injectable AS but I know for a fact he uses oral AS, as well as prohormones. His training split is as follows:

Monday: Chest/triceps/forearms

Tuesday: Back/biceps/calves

Wednesday: Shoulders/legs

Thursday: Same as Monday

Friday: Same as Tuesday

Saturday: Same as Wednesday

Sunday: Rest Day

He says that this split works for him but some people would either consider it to be over-training, or some just may not grow from it. He also said that he's begun working on his abs every day of the week except for Sunday. He will perform 6 reps and then run for 10-20 minutes following his workout.

I'm still debating as to what split I should follow for my upcoming cycle. Thoughts?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dont like doing chest after shoulders.....u need ur shoulders and tris heavily on chest day and if u just did them the day before here is no way you are going to get the most out of it. Also, legs are such a large bodypart if u are doing quads and hams in the sae workout that you really dotn need to do anythign else with them , they should take a while and take everything you got....doing anythign else that day will decrease ur intensiy in other exercises for sure.

drudixon

Awards
Look up HST training. You do full body workout 3 times a week, but your volume has to be low or you'll overload the CNS. I do far better on an HST than the conventional once a week 5 day split. ATM I'm doing Bill Starr 5x5 and loving it. After this I'm going to try either Layne Norton's split, or a full HST.

Layne Norton's workout is:
Monday Heavy upper (5x5 deads, bench, military, rows)
Tuesday Heavy lower (5x5 Squats, front squats, romanian dead, stiff dead)
Wednesday Hypertrophy Chest Arms
Thursday Hypertrophy Shoulders back
Friday Hypertrophy Legs

It seems like the best of all worlds to me. Keep growing your power, activating your fast twitch muscles, then later, using the hypertrophy to deplete all your sarcoplasm and get that lactic acid burn.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i really like that idea...i think i may jsut have to try that!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Anabolics 9