german volume training

chessmaster

Awards
Has anyone had any success using the german volume training?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
Yes GVT will work. But it may be better for certain body parts than others. Follow the program to a T. Pay close attention to individual body parts. Your legs may love this type of training. My chest also responded to GVT.

When you finish a cycle of GVT, try some low volume HEAVY Hit and see what happens. The muscles that do not respond to GVT will most likely explode with the new HIT style of training. The GVT muscles may begin to lag with HIT.
Take your results from these two training cycles and you can now build your own program that gives the best results for each body part.

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You don't have to do it with the traditional GVT spit format for great results. People that don't recover quickly often do better using GVT with a:

chest/shoulders/tricep
back/abs/bicep
legs

format for the bodypart break-down. The means the arms and shoulders are not hit hard twice a week.

IronAddict

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I've been wanting to give this a go for a long while. But do you guys lose any strength in place of the size? Right now I'm really more concerned about improving all of my lifts, but wouldn't mind giving this a whirl if I didn't have to trade in any strength for it. What do you guys suggest?

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
if you are interested in improving all your lifts than GVT is probably not for you. it's a hypertrophy oriented program.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
if you are interested in improving all your lifts than GVT is probably not for you. it's a hypertrophy oriented program.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too...

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
agreed, not for increases in lifts. I'm starting HST now, which thankfully should up lifts in time while accounting for hypertrophy. GVT is just a great all-around mass builder while on cycle IMO.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
You don't have to do it with the traditional GVT spit format for great results. People that don't recover quickly often do better using GVT with a:

chest/shoulders/tricep
back/abs/bicep
legs

format for the bodypart break-down. The means the arms and shoulders are not hit hard twice a week.
That is not entirely true. If you read what Poliquin says super setting opposing muscle groups helps recovery. Also if you look he doesn't really have a lot of shoulder work other than lateral raises. I recovered fine from it. My advise is to follow the program as it is out lined.

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well......some people have problems with their arms being hit twice a week when doing it. By all means ry it in it's original format. But don't be afraid to experiment with it to suit YOUR needs. One size doesn't fit all. I have had many people who have done it both ways like the outlined format better. And of course some do best on the original.

Iron Addict

skeptical

Awards
Forgive me if this is a stupid or previously answered question:

I'm looking for a different approach to training for my upcoming cycle (bulking, M1,4ADD, 4-6 weeks in length). Would it be possible for one to adapt this program for use during a 4-6 week cycle? If so, would you just work it for the period of the cycle? Would it even be beneficial to attempt it for such a short period of time? If not, would it be beneficial to work the program as perscribed, use a less strenuous version during PCT, then pick the program back up?

Like I said, sorry if it's a stupid question. Any input is greatly appreciated.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Forgive me if this is a stupid or previously answered question:

I'm looking for a different approach to training for my upcoming cycle (bulking, M1,4ADD, 4-6 weeks in length). Would it be possible for one to adapt this program for use during a 4-6 week cycle? If so, would you just work it for the period of the cycle? Would it even be beneficial to attempt it for such a short period of time? If not, would it be beneficial to work the program as perscribed, use a less strenuous version during PCT, then pick the program back up?

Like I said, sorry if it's a stupid question. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Follow the program while you are taking the prohormones. After during PCR maybe cut the sets in half and do a mon, wed, fri split.