training biceps with triceps question

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

training biceps with triceps question

Has anyone done this for a reasonably lengthy period of time. Like 6 months-to a year and seen markedly good/better results by training them together?

I mean I've done it once or twice every once in a while just for something new and different and it's a pretty sick arm pump, but never done it extensively over a long period of time to get a feel for if it really produces great results or not.

My concern somewhat is that triceps are actually a larger muscle group than most people realize and biceps are actually a smaller muscle group than most people realize. Perhaps triceps would benefit more for having their own day and biceps could be worked just as well thrown in somewhere else.

I dunno, just thinking out loud about how to work out a bit different training split for a somewhat new work schedule for me.

Thoughts?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Has anyone done this for a reasonably lengthy period of time. Like 6 months-to a year and seen markedly good/better results by training them together?

I mean I've done it once or twice every once in a while just for something new and different and it's a pretty sick arm pump, but never done it extensively over a long period of time to get a feel for if it really produces great results or not.

My concern somewhat is that triceps are actually a larger muscle group than most people realize and biceps are actually a smaller muscle group than most people realize. Perhaps triceps would benefit more for having their own day and biceps could be worked just as well thrown in somewhere else.

I dunno, just thinking out loud about how to work out a bit different training split for a somewhat new work schedule for me.

Thoughts?
    I've had an Arms' day for a long time - I find that this, as well as doing the compounds on other days has helped re progress. In the end, everyone is different, and you need to experiment to find what works best for you, your body goals and needs.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%

Always helpful rosie. Much appreciated. I'm gonna give it a shot, only one way to really find out how well it's gonna work for you right
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Always helpful rosie. Much appreciated. I'm gonna give it a shot, only one way to really find out how well it's gonna work for you right
    No worries Definitely - no use going off what worked for someone else (even though it can be useful to know re adding to your knowledge), since everyone responds to factors of training (and nutrition) differently.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries Definitely - no use going off what worked for someone else (even though it can be useful to know re adding to your knowledge), since everyone responds to factors of training (and nutrition) differently.

~Rosie~
    This is key to keep in mind.

With that said, no matter how you look at it triceps just aren't a large muscle group like the back, chest, or god forbid legs. So training them along with biceps usually is a good idea (as opposed to by themselves). I actually like to superset the two, and doing that since the summer has given me tremendous results, even for a very tall (thus long armed) guy like myself.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

i alternate about every 2 months or so. i like doing both, changing it up to confuse the body
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%

I use to superset arms as well over the summer and got pretty good results. Like you said, great pumps and very easily got amped for that workout. I'd say give it a month and see what gains you get/how you like it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. biceps question
    By djbombsquad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 12:20 PM
  2. Biceps + Triceps?
    By JuveCalcio in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 11:51 AM
  3. Training the Triceps
    By ILiftBig in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
  4. Hammer Strength Triceps Question
    By Dutchman in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 04:55 PM
  5. OK bak to my old routine b/c i love it question on Biceps..
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 10:50 AM