6'7 and working out.

1. 6'7 and working out.

As you can tell I'm a skinny bastard, 6'7 at only 194lbs. Past month I've been doing Stronglifts 5x5 and put on 8lbs. I also cut out almost ALL my cardio, besides playing some pickup games of basketball a day or two a week.

How long would you consider using this workout? Or should I change up my routine?

2. Keep at it until you plateau, then switch up to something different, with a different rep range and such.

I did the advanced 5x5 a couple times, then after switch to a push/pull/legs doing 3 sets, 8-10 reps, and it works well for me.

I work out at home but if I had a real gym close by I would be all over a Dogg Crapp routine myself.

But usually ~8 weeks is long enough for one routine.
    True story:

I give a f**K!!

3. I am the same height as you as used to be as around as skinny as you and I didn't start putting on solid weight until I stopped basketball altogether. Just some food for thought.

4. tattoopierced1

I'm the same height, started out at 158lbs and am now 250+lbs. I dont do any cardio.. to me cardio = the devil because my metabolism is so high. I stick to a varied routine, never hitting the same workout twice, this has kept me growing just fine over the years. And as always, go heavy.

5. 8lbs in a month is pretty good natty (assuming?) progress! It falls under, "if it aint broke don't fix it". As previously mentioned, if you hit a plateau or just get bored with the same routine, then switch it up.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PH not working for me?
    By lilseth0014 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
  2. this is not working, can you help
    By ShockCollar in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
    By Kachinsky in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:44 PM