and i think thats it

deit- 3800-4k a day
supps- m14add/1ad

wtf is going on here?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
dude maybe its just time you switch up your rep count or exercises for it. I see great growth from just dips, shoulder exercises and pulldowns. I go heavy as hell, almost to the point where it looks like the cable is gonna snap. what about skullcrushers on a decline bench? that would be a true challenge.

MAYBE youre overworking them? Who knows

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
:bigok::bigok:Heavy 1 day 4 to 6 reps ,and then 2 o 3 days later High reps light weight,they will grow bro ,just keep at it!!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude maybe its just time you switch up your rep count or exercises for it. I see great growth from just dips, shoulder exercises and pulldowns. I go heavy as hell, almost to the point where it looks like the cable is gonna snap. what about skullcrushers on a decline bench? that would be a true challenge.

MAYBE youre overworking them? Who knows
I dont think im over working them as its only one day a week- but i do think its time to switch up rep count- i usually go for 8-10 reps, im going to go heavier and aim for like 5-6 up all excercises by like 10-15 lbs see if i can get em good and sore/full then

i mean im getting a pump thus i know im hitting them- they just dont look any bigger- will measure at the end of the 8 weeks

YEAHHHHHH BUDDDYYY!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They dont seem to grow- at all

i was working them once on chest day and then like 3 days later with shoulders

then switched it to once a week bi's

these r my excercises

french press
straight bar pull down
close grip bench press
dips
and i think thats it

deit- 3800-4k a day
supps- m14add/1ad

wtf is going on here?
Try doing a few sets of heavy, low-rep squats before your triceps exercises - that always helps re muscle growth in the upper body.

Stick to Dips (variations of - I would do these weighted) and Close-Grip Bench Press. Forget isolation exercises altogether and just do compounds.

I dont think im over working them as its only one day a week- but i do think its time to switch up rep count- i usually go for 8-10 reps, im going to go heavier and aim for like 5-6 up all excercises by like 10-15 lbs see if i can get em good and sore/full then
I've always gotten the best results re Tricep development with LOW reps and heavy weight. Try doing 6-8 reps tops, and adding weight to your Dips. Do maybe 4-6 sets with 60-90 seconds rest between sets. If you're not making progress, then you need to experiment to find something that works.

v1hyp

v1hyp

Awards
Try Floor skulls, Tri-press downs, Dips, Close grip bench press.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use varied grips, and definetely need them Skullcrushers in there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My best routine for tricep growth:

JM Press (basically the top half of a CG Press)
Overhead DB Ex
Pressdowns
Leaning Overhead Rope Extensions

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
My best routine for tricep growth:

JM Press (basically the top half of a CG Press)
Overhead DB Ex
Pressdowns
Leaning Overhead Rope Extensions
The JM Press, bring the bar(in a close grip)down to between your sternum and chin?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well- I like the ideas here- my bi's are good- i mean my arms are 16' so they arent tiny but i would like to get them to 18 in the next 8 months- preferably to 16.5 or so on this cycle i will try these ideas out and report back thanks!

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
A lot of this will depend on your particular strengths and weaknesses. Heavy pressing will build your triceps like no other exercise. You can try JM presses, known for building a ton of tricep, pressing against resistance bands, high rep strict standing dumbbell press (overhead), etc. If you can do extensions, then rolling dumbbell extensions really let you use a ton of weight. Another great extension movement utilized by powerlifters is the skull crush to the chin, i.e. a regular skull crush but touch the bar on your chin, it will put a lot of pressure on/near your elbows that will translate better into pressing power. Finally, an old favorite of mine is simply close grip incline pressing.

In my experience, both personally and with those I train, heavy pressing movements are the key to victory. I don't actually need any more tricep size, but I still train the same way, which is heavy pressing movements (2 usually) followed by a lighter high rep pump exercise. I can't really do much for extensions right now as my elbows are pretty cooked, so my high rep exercise is close grip incline, done very light for me, and supersetted with various other (upper back) exercises. Hope it helps.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks- I had no idea what a jm press is- now i do- will get after it props rodja

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Gaining weight is the most important factor for gaining inches to your arms. Make sure that you're gaining weight and progressing in strength with all of the exercises that you're doing for your triceps.

Rosie pointed out a good suggestion, switch to a full body routine and train them after doing some squats. Squatting increases testosterone throughout the body and with testosterone high in the body, doing some tricep exercises after those would have a significant affect on your overall growth.

Adding in some tricep extensions wouldn't hurt either since they hit the long head of the tricep pretty hard. The only thing I would do for them directly are weighted dips and tricep extensions. Just also keep focus on your pushing exercises like bench and press.

BigFatPanda

BigFatPanda

Awards
thanks- I had no idea what a jm press is- now i do- will get after it props rodja
You can also try the JM Press with Dumbbells...I prefer dumbbells. Louie Simmons (creator of westside barbell) recommends 5 sets of 10. Just watch your tris explode.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I tried the JM Press last night. A bit uncomfortable, awkward.

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
I tried the JM Press last night. A bit uncomfortable, awkward.
Sounds about right. If you can, have someone video you so you can see what you're doing and how awkward it feels. It's one of the better ways to get feedback. The JM press difficult to do right.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds about right. If you can, have someone video you so you can see what you're doing and how awkward it feels. It's one of the better ways to get feedback. The JM press difficult to do right.
One trick I like to do is to keep my lats tight and almost have a full spread at the bottom of the motion.

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I had this problem before and fixed it with essentially two excersises.

First i realized I was going waaaay to heavy on my tri's. I was "moving weight" for nothing, there was no mind-muscle connection. So I backed off the weight quite substantialy.

Close grip BP, I will do 8 sets, 4x135 @ 20 reps and really pausing and focusing on contracting the tri! then 3x225 @ 10-15 reps same principal. Last set is 135 to failure.

Tricep press down, Again 8 sets all with the same weight (around 55-65lb stack max!) and all till failure. I just stopped kidding myself and pushed through failure, everytime i was going to stop i would dig deeper and get 3-4 more almost till puking.

Did that for three weeks after chest then re introduced skull crushers, dips etc. Arms grew a full 1/2" in about three months. To this day I still wont go heavy, I finally realized that it's not everything. Sure some guys may look at me wondering why I'm only curling 35's or doing 55lb press downs, but I am bigger than them so who gives a ****?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
protein bro. weighted dips. contract tris, get the mind and muscle connection. enjoy ur new tris.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would try doing less total volume. You're already using triceps a lot in any pressing movement so you don't really need a lot of extra work. It's not hard to do a lot of volume but if you want more bang for you buck, try doing just a few sets of one triceps specific exercise at the end of your workout (dips for example). I work triceps twice per week but I only do about 4-5 total sets (per week). Been working way better for me than what I used to do, which was at least twice that workload.

brownchoclit

brownchoclit

Awards
close grip bench and dips for size...i find that once a week..very low volume (5-6 sets max) with high intensity and every set to failiure.. works best for me. i generally use two compounds movements and one isolation. i feel triceps get worked a lot throughout the week indirectly. this is what works for me...good luck :)

brown

smith22

Awards
Ever heard of 30s crushers i love them and always had success ??? get the curl bar with weight u can use set bench to an incline and do skull crushers behind the head x10 then nose x10 then to the chest x10 u can also flat benched to

ntornado

Awards
This may have already been asked but do you keep your elbows in when benching?

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
Took the JM press suggestion out of this thread a few weeks ago and loving it. Can really feel the Tris popping while doing it and feels a lot better on the elbows than crushers.

Incorporating half reps and rest-pause sets after failure really helped me with the tris.

PoppaNick88

Awards
Try throwing them in after a real heavy squat or deadlift day. The added groth hormone release could def help them tri's for sure.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Lower the volume for about a month and really focus on the eccentric part of the movement during each rep. Go as slow as possible (4 seconds) on the eccentric movement. My tris grew better with this approach. You're also hitting your tris with chest and delt exercises so you can ease up on the volume for this muscle IMO.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You may just have to continue working towards overall mass gains.

Definitely stick to compound movements. At this point you'd get way more from doing a couple sets of weighted dips versus doing any kind of iso work.

I'd stick to weighted triceps dips (concentrate on feel rather than simply forcing out the reps) and close-grip presses. I've never done JM presses but they look like they'd work well.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Mine start growing once I started doing one to two workouts 1 to 2 sets each on chest day. It is a small muscle