Arm training

  1. Arm training


    I have an arm training work out already but i feel as if its too repetitive. concentration curls, iso hammers, preachers, 21s for bis and for tris i have seated overhead extensions, tri kick backs, diamond push ups w/o spotter and close grip bench press with spotter, cable push downs, cable overhead extensions, dips. any extra work outs i can add or replace to get more out of my work outs?


  2. 7 lifts for tris and 3 for bis? O_o

    Some bi ideas: pull ups, overhead cable curls, face pulls(I personally don't do them/know little about them. Would be good to read up on them).

    Some tri ideas: Skullcrushers, reverse grip bench, and that's about all extra I could think of for tris. Do you do weighted dips?

  3. Quote Originally Posted by rojasdave View Post
    I have an arm training work out already but i feel as if its too repetitive. concentration curls, iso hammers, preachers, 21s for bis and for tris i have seated overhead extensions, tri kick backs, diamond push ups w/o spotter and close grip bench press with spotter, cable push downs, cable overhead extensions, dips. any extra work outs i can add or replace to get more out of my work outs?
    It really depends on what your goals and needs are as well - if you're looking for mass, you're better off forgetting isolation exercises; if you're looking for fat loss, anything will work (since it's NUTRITION that determines success here); if you're looking for strength, the compounds will still work better, with a couple of isolation exercises.

    Why not stop doing a specific session for arms and just doing a couple of variations of the 'arm' compound exercises (dips and close-grip bench press, supinated pull-ups and bicep curls) at the end of one or two of your other resistance training sessions for a few weeks?

    Otherwise, there's heaps of exercises - and variations of exercises - that you can do for your arms, including but not limited to:

    Triceps - push-downs (rope, v-bar, straight-bar, etc.), reverse push-downs (using one arm or two), triceps extensions (standing or seated, using dumbbells or ez-bar, etc.), tricep kickbacks, dips (weighted, bodyweight, incline, etc.), push-ups with hands under chest (hands on floor, dumbbells, medicines balls, swissball, etc.), close-grip bench press, etc.

    Biceps - curls (barbell, dumbbell, low-pulley, high-pulley, machine, ez-bar, etc.) concentration curls, hammer curls, preacher curls, reverse curls, supinated pull-ups, etc.


    ~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   
       


  4. Rosie hit the nail on the head like normal, for me at least I don't do very many arm isolation exercises because my arms are normally fried after my compound lifts. But then again it depends all on your goals.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It really depends on what your goals and needs are as well - if you're looking for mass, you're better off forgetting isolation exercises; if you're looking for fat loss, anything will work (since it's NUTRITION that determines success here); if you're looking for strength, the compounds will still work better, with a couple of isolation exercises.

    Why not stop doing a specific session for arms and just doing a couple of variations of the 'arm' compound exercises (dips and close-grip bench press, supinated pull-ups and bicep curls) at the end of one or two of your other resistance training sessions for a few weeks?

    Otherwise, there's heaps of exercises - and variations of exercises - that you can do for your arms, including but not limited to:

    Triceps - push-downs (rope, v-bar, straight-bar, etc.), reverse push-downs (using one arm or two), triceps extensions (standing or seated, using dumbbells or ez-bar, etc.), tricep kickbacks, dips (weighted, bodyweight, incline, etc.), push-ups with hands under chest (hands on floor, dumbbells, medicines balls, swissball, etc.), close-grip bench press, etc.

    Biceps - curls (barbell, dumbbell, low-pulley, high-pulley, machine, ez-bar, etc.) concentration curls, hammer curls, preacher curls, reverse curls, supinated pull-ups, etc.


    ~Team APPNUT
    i will copy and paste that whole post in my diary haha thank you so much i really appreciate the help!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by rojasdave View Post
    i will copy and paste that whole post in my diary haha thank you so much i really appreciate the help!
    No worries, bud - I'm here to help out

    ~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Wanting to try HVT training muscles more than once a week training
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Log in
Log in