MOST EMBARRASSED I'VE EVER BEEN IN A GYM

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
It was shoulder day and I had just finished warming up while I was waiting for this little short arab guy to get off the military press bench so I could start my workout. I do a quick set with just the bar and two warm-up sets with a 25 on each side. I then proceed to complete my first working set with 135 and when I go to rack it my right arm was above the support of the rack (because the short guy lifted the seat way up) and the barbell started dropping behind the entire freaking bench and I just let go because I know it's either move my arm or get it broken/dislocated. Once I let go I jump up and hear the loudest crash ever as the entire barbell and weights fall 7 feet to the ground. The barbell then flips over the bench and lands 6 inches from my leg almost hitting me in the back of the head on the way down. EVERY ****ING BODY is looking at me and the gym is packed. Luckily this guy doing incline bench next to me helps me get **** straight and I go on about my workout...just figured i'd share my moment of stupidity.

Note to fellow lifters: alway check for seat height before lifting.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was squatting 185 after 135 last year. Decided to go from 185 to 315. Got the bar up, stood back and went into a deep sqaut. Could not get back up, and did not have a spotter.. I fell on my knees and had the bar on me for a good thirty seconds before I threw it off my shoulders causing a loud crash. This guy on the t-bar machine to my right, about a foot away was like "you need some help brah".. I was like nah dude, im just stuck with 315lbs on my back, im focking G2G..

JLT

Awards
I did the same thing in January, except I held onto the bar and royally screwed up my left shoulder (though I did recover the bar). 7 months later and it seems to be back to 100%, I had months of light lifting and cutting sets to work around it.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was squatting 240. The barbell had been greased that morning and of course I wasn't using this spring retainers. I don't even make it halfway down on the first rep when first the 2 plates from one side slide off, then the other side slide off. Shatters a mirror on the nearby wall in a million pieces.

I wasn't embarrased though, it was more like a Beavis and BUtthead Moment: "woah, cool that mirror is broken"

newman897

newman897

Awards
Was squatting 185 after 135 last year. Decided to go from 185 to 315. Got the bar up, stood back and went into a deep sqaut. Could not get back up, and did not have a spotter.. I fell on my knees and had the bar on me for a good thirty seconds before I threw it off my shoulders causing a loud crash. This guy on the t-bar machine to my right, about a foot away was like "you need some help brah".. I was like nah dude, im just stuck with 315lbs on my back, im focking G2G..

its not funny what happened to ya but the way ya described the guy asking ya if ya needed help made me cry i was laughing so hard:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hunter Killer

Awards
its not funny what happened to ya but the way ya described the guy asking ya if ya needed help made me cry i was laughing so hard:laugh::laugh::laugh:
+1... laughed my ass off!

dstojak3

Awards
lmfao same thing happened to me my senior year in highschool

but people were laughing at me :(

ntornado

Awards
Getting stuck with a floor press is the worst cause you can't throw it anywhere until someone comes to help.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I was doing heavy clean and press after a long day of work a few months back. I locked out 225 x2. We cant ditch it at my gym. I need to lower to chest the. Thighs then ground. I guess I just droped the bar on my chest knocking me to the ground with the bar landing over me. Lucky I'm skinny and there was enough room under the bar so I didn't get crushed.

Every one in the packed gym was looking at me and a few people ran over freaking out. I was fine and had to laugh. I was embarrassed.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ever slipped while doing powercleans?...

..I have
Yup, some places like to show off their logos on the platform and think a high gloss finish would be great...Especially colleges

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I was doing dumbell presses and had 2 different weights. My friends wouldn't let me live it down.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Busted my shorts doin' squats,... but I thought that happened to everyone at least once!!!

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
X2 on the shorts blowout! I have ripped farts numerous times gettin out the hole on squats. Needless to say i never get out after lettin one fly...the lift is down hill from there. Shot snot out my nose a few times also. Im never embarrassed though.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Yup once I suppose my shorts where to tight. My first heavy set I went down and rip. That just means your going low enough! I luckily had a dirty but un torn pair in my gym bag.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Ripped a few pairs of underwear but not my shorts yet.

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
Ripped a few pairs of underwear but not my shorts yet.
Been there, done that. Worst part was I was only 15 and had to ride my bike home from the gym that day.

On the embarrassment note...Again at 15yrs old I got to the gym and kept smelling an ammonia type smell. So Im doing my thing on the squat rack and as I sit down I look at my shoe and see a dark spot. I quickly came to realize that spot was cat urine, the smell was cat pee, and of course, I did not have a second pair of shoes to change into. But I was 15, and pretty much everybody does something embarrassing at that age.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I was 18 at ballys doing eagle loop deadlifts. (yes yes grip fanatic I know) Was going for 500 for the first time. nailed it stood up and well blacked out. I woke up face first on the ground with my fingers still in the loops. People came running over they wanted to call an ambulance I was like answer my question first did I lock it out. They wouldn't answer. Finally someone guys if we give you your answer will you give us yours. I said sure. There like yeah you stood there for 5 seconds before you passed out. I'm like ok good and if you pay for the ambulance and trip to the hospital I'll go. They said no so I said ok good. Now watch my face I made a few quick faces they said nothing sagged (stroke test) and I went on my way.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last week, I managed to nail a 46" box jump. I stood there for a second to somewhat celebrate in my head for setting a new PR. As I went to jump down, one of my feet got caught on the box and stayed up while the rest of my body was stepping down. Needless to say, I ended up flat on my back and side and I had an iPod shaped bruise on my lumbar for about 3 days. A moment of accomplishment followed by a keyboard cat moment.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
just figured i'd share my moment of stupidity.

Note to fellow lifters: alway check for seat height before lifting.
So what? Wait until the day you decide to go lifting after eating heavy Italian food - meaning ****loads of garlic - the night before, and on squats you crack a fart that would knock a buzzard off a **** wagon, that strips the finish off the equipment and leave the chrome gleaming. Not saying I've ever done that of course, and if I did I would only write about it in an oblique way as a hypothetical. But I'm sure it would be embarrassing as hell, especially in a crowded gym and right next to the cardio where all the hot chicks were. Or would be. Yeah, would be. That's it.

:eek:uttahere:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Haha nice Guys. Great thread. Really putting our egos on the line!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's okay bro, I purposely eat eggs with broccoli so I can clear out the gym with a nuclear blast LOL !

Worst thing I did was when I was a senior in HS and the cheerleaders were working out in the gym with the football players. My max was at 295 and I wanted to impress a chick so I go to 315 (because having three 45 pound plates on each side looks way better than 295). My coach goes "You need a spot for that big G" I said pretty loud "Nah, this is nothing" I get in there and eventually have to tilt the bar so the weights can slide off. I caused the sound of a car crash and all eyes were on me and many broke out in laughter :( Focking immature HS kids LOL

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
That's okay bro, I purposely eat eggs with broccoli so I can clear out the gym with a nuclear blast LOL !
I call that kind of meal an 'Oppenheimer'. "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds," is generall not the kind of quote that should be associated with the aftermath of breakfast.

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So what? Wait until the day you decide to go lifting after eating heavy Italian food - meaning ****loads of garlic - the night before, and on squats you crack a fart that would knock a buzzard off a **** wagon, that strips the finish off the equipment and leave the chrome gleaming. Not saying I've ever done that of course, and if I did I would only write about it in an oblique way as a hypothetical. But I'm sure it would be embarrassing as hell, especially in a crowded gym and right next to the cardio where all the hot chicks were. Or would be. Yeah, would be. That's it.

HAHAHAHAHA Best. Post. Ever.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I call that kind of meal an 'Oppenheimer'. "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds," is generall not the kind of quote that should be associated with the aftermath of breakfast.
Hey, it's a great strategy when the gym is too packed and no one wants to leave a bench open for me :D

bayboi

Awards
man its better then you dropping some heavy weight on your chest you just made a loud "bang" in the gym lol hope your shoulder is alright

TonyMaserati

TonyMaserati

Awards

OMG...That's hilarious. Reminds me of when I was in the Corps in Okinawa and the only protein powder available was Weider's '90 Plus'....uggh. Gave me the raunchiest gas. Well, that and some big dude said it was good to eat like 30 raw egg whites a day. Damn. Anyway, cleared out the dumbell rack at the Camp Hansen quonset hut gym.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Did chin ups..in the middle of the cable station where there are grips for them on the upper cross bar.

The grips are on the side away from the mirror (you have to be facing the mirror to use these grips). For some reason, I was facing away from the mirror, jumped up, grabbed ahold of the grips, and went for it....

Slammed my darned head right into the cross bar, nearly knocked myself out, felt so stupid.:twak:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Did chin ups..in the middle of the cable station where there are grips for them on the upper cross bar.

The grips are on the side away from the mirror (you have to be facing the mirror to use these grips). For some reason, I was facing away from the mirror, jumped up, grabbed ahold of the grips, and went for it....

Slammed my darned head right into the cross bar, nearly knocked myself out, felt so stupid.:twak:
I like this one. It reminds me of when I was younger and living at home, I had a pull-up bar in the doorway, the kind you unscrew until it 'mounts' in both jams and then you can do pull-ups on it. Anyway, I grew to 6'4" well before leaving home, and this thing was ineffective at the height it was at, but I was too lazy to take it out of the door and spackle the holes it left.

To the point, my brother and I used to take cotton filled dog toys and put them in socks and beat each other up with them. No pain, lots of fun. One day I was playing with a bean bag in a sock, much heavier, just for ****s and giggles. Got a call from a friend, threw it on the floor and proceeded to lay ass up on the bed talking to my friend. My brother walks in, sees the sock, figures there's something relatively harmless in it, and grabs it. He winds up for a major leage strike and nails me in the ass with the thing. I screamed bloody murder, my friend on the phone must have thought I was being killed or something. I spring off the bed, see my brother - who is older than me but also much smaller than me - standing there with an I-Didn't-Expect-That look on his face, and then he bolts because he knows I'm going to kill him. He goes through the door and down the hall at full speed. I follow him at full speed, and run, full speed, screaming at the top of my lungs, head first into the ****ing pull-up bar.

When I woke up a few moments later, and I swear I saw ****ing stars on the impact, so that's not a cliche, I'm kinda groggy and I on my back on the floor in the middle of the room. I pick up my head enough to look down the hall and my brother is on the floor laughing his ass off and I can't quie put together what the **** happened for a few minutes. I think I have permanent dent in my head from when that happened.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Soooooo I KNOW I'm not the only one to spray projectile vomit after doing squats and trying to run out the front door first but only make it to right in front of all the cardio equipment and essentially all the hotties in the gym.... Right?

Lol.... At the least I helped the dude mop it up then went right back to my workout, eh?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Soooooo I KNOW I'm not the only one to spray projectile vomit after doing squats and trying to run out the front door first but only make it to right in front of all the cardio equipment and essentially all the hotties in the gym.... Right?

Lol.... At the least I helped the dude mop it up then went right back to my workout, eh?
Haven't done it myself, but I've seen people puke before. Not pretty.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That wasn't fun when I was doing weighted pull ups and the chain broke.. All plates dropped to the floor with a lot of noise and I dropped with them :D

That isn't fun either if I have to puke after heave set of deadlift or front squat. Sometimes I really have to run to the bathroom... I'm afraid that someday I'll puke to somebody's face..

LowSodium

LowSodium

Awards
I go to a Golds gym in Md. I try to avoid it as much as possible but I absolutely had to drop a deuce while at the gym. Had to. A** about ready to burst, I headed for the restroom. Made it. Phew! Sweatin' bullets. Pre-workout drink is coarsing thru my veins causing me to rush. Im wiping, cleaning myself up, trying to hurry. Drenched with sweat by now. Finish up the biz, wash my hands and strut my stuff back over to the smith machine rack feeling 8 lbs lighter, ready to get back to my military presses. Of course I had to walk aaaaaalll the way from one side of the gym to the other. Past everyone. Past the hotties on the treadmill, staring. Past the young, the old, the personal trainers that know me by name. I sit down, facing the mirror, ready to bust it out and what do I see on the front of my "And1's" ? A wet spot the size of a nectarine. Uungh..... Needless to say I was on that machine for a good 20 minutes. Awful.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was doing heavy shrugs and let a big fat fart fly... Everyone looked at me and smiled, FML !

Secretive

Awards
I was getting psyched for a max squat, did a few hops up and down. Got under the bar and failed. I guess I had attracted some attention from the jumping around, and so it was especially embarassing to miss.

Another fun one
-have chalk on hands from workout
-go to take a piss
-come out with same chalk on hands
-everyone knows i didnt wash my hands
-oops

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I first started lifting, I could barely even lift the bar. Additionally, I could barely muster one pull up. I used to give myself a running start and jump at the same time, it gave the illusion that I could do a pull up and it resembled an 80's action move...now get off my plane!