Overuse from too little volume?

1. Overuse from too little volume?

Title might sound stupid but let me explain, I train with high frequency although less volume than my training partner, I get more overuse symptoms, my training partner doesnt as much, same exercises.
    When a lower volume is used a higher % of 1RM is allowed in each rep range, therefore an increased amount of intensity, and more peak strain on stabilizer muscles.

Does it make sense that if I was to drop the weight and increase volume I could lessen the stress on my rotator cuffs?
    I will find out in about a 2-3 months anyway but I think it is an interesting question and I kinda wanna know beforehand.

2. I don't think it's actually the lower volume, it's the fact you are using a higher intensity all the time. I think dropping the weight will help some, but I don't necessarily think increasing the volume will help. Just be careful that you don't go crazy with the volume if you drop the intensity a bit at times. You can likely get the best of both by alternating between heavier, lower volume workouts and lighter, higher volume workouts.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SRS2000 View Post
    I don't think it's actually the lower volume, it's the fact you are using a higher intensity all the time. I think dropping the weight will help some, but I don't necessarily think increasing the volume will help. Just be careful that you don't go crazy with the volume if you drop the intensity a bit at times. You can likely get the best of both by alternating between heavier, lower volume workouts and lighter, higher volume workouts.
    x2. I commonly incorporate variable volume and intensity throughout the week. Gives the joints a break on lighter days and brings up total training volume well.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

4. Right now I am alternating between 2 exercises for each upper body muscle group, like an A/B split for the upper body. But keeping intensity the same and effort(reps from failure) slightly varying, I have recently decreased intensity from 5-10reps to 12-15 reps in the hopes I wont be having to take 1 week off every month which is what has been happening.
    If this doesnt sort things out I am going to have to take my frequency a step down which I wanna avoid. Right now I got inflammation of the supraspinatus so gonna take it very easy this week.

Note to self, dont take ibuprofen after having 3 coffees.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how much volume is too much volume?a german volume training
    By Dirty music in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 07:24 PM
  2. How much is too much volume?
    By spatch in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 12:59 PM
  3. HIT/Volume
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5