GET BIG ARMS

Tex44

Awards
Been training for 22 years now and would have to say this new product called Grip4orce that I picked up from the Arnold Classic has made arm day insane. I'm now getting pumps like never before.
You can't see it visually but these hand held Grip4orce attachments has resistance built inside, pretty crazy. Also I've noticed my strength has gone up when I go back to the normal bars. Typically I straight bar curl 135 for 10-12 reps now 18-20 reps in only four months.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what you're talking about, but 135 for 18-20 reps is pretty sweet.

jcr1

Banned
Awards
35bucks.. WHat a rip! Ill wait a bit till they make an off brand clone for 10bucks, ha!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
35 is not expensive. Its cheaper than most supplements that won't even come close strength gain wise. However, I'm assuming it does work for most people. I ordered them to try them out.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Talk about timing. FedEx just dropped them off. I got the stiff kind. I'm not impressed with the quality. I am going to send them back.

One of them appear to be defective.

Tex44

Awards
Really, what's up with them? Two of my buddies picked some up last month and they work perfect for them. One has the stiff and my other dude has the regular. I have both sets. I use the reg. on pull day and the stiff on push day. Did u try them out though?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I have contacted them and they said they are shipping me new set.

Basically one of them was fine. I ordered the stiff kind. The other, I could fold it with two fingers easy and the blck plastic was seperated from the core as if it was pealed or not glued right. It is just a defective set and I will wait for the replacement to come.

The good one looks pretty good. what I have noticed from trying it out on its own is that when you squeeze it to get a hold of the bar, your wrist automatically locks and doesn't bend much. I like that.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried FAT GRIPZ? I love them.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
No haven't yet. I hearded a lot good things about them.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Ok I got the new set and they look solid. I will try to use them tonight.

UKStrength

Whilst I fought against it for years and used chalk, I was bought a pair of lifting gloves by my ex girlfriend (she said it was for 'safety', I think it was mainly to reduce my calluses...:)). Best present I have ever been bought! My curling has never been stronger, arms are growing nicely and even when I forget my gloves my grip has dramatically improved.

I'd definitely recommend them to anyone, just smack the wankers who call you a poof for wearing them ;)

Sweekaters

Awards
Here's a study that suggests that increasing the diameter of a bar doesn't really affect neuromuscular activation:
h ttp://w ww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18520435
It was done using an isometric bench press, so there's no way to tell if it would improve curls, deads, rows, etc, but it is food for thought.

Tex44

Awards
these gov. investigation can't determine a isometric bench as an effective way to target the neuromuscular strength.(those guys are nerds) Plus they were only holding the bar not squeezing. The fact is out there and just ask any professional coach or gym rat that have devoted the time at training that way and they'll tell you thick bars work bottom line.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
these gov. investigation can't determine a isometric bench as an effective way to target the neuromuscular strength.(those guys are nerds) Plus they were only holding the bar not squeezing. The fact is out there and just ask any professional coach or gym rat that have devoted the time at training that way and they'll tell you thick bars work bottom line.
Uh, that's the site for PubMed, the biggest database of peer-reviewed material, not a "government" site. I really don't know what the nerd comment was all about either.

Tex44

Awards
Uh, that's the site for PubMed, the biggest database of peer-reviewed material, not a "government" site. I really don't know what the nerd comment was all about either.
I take it you haven't trained with thick bars. If your a Pro MMA stud I suggest you get your hands on one. Open hand force , stronger wrists, tendons,and ligaments can be achieved with bigger diameter's bars. Peace

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take it you haven't trained with thick bars. If your a Pro MMA stud I suggest you get your hands on one. Open hand force , stronger wrists, tendons,and ligaments can be achieved with bigger diameter's bars. Peace
I have and I said nothing concerning the actual topic. My comment was based upon your ignorance towards research databases.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
I have and I said nothing concerning the actual topic. My comment was based upon your ignorance towards research databases.
Grip4orce, or fat gripz what one floats you boat, i enjoy using I think they helped my grip strength out a lot. Cept the only thing they dont help out s my wallet, so I use PVC rubber insulation, pretty much the same material, it itwas 3 and change for each, which was a price tag i liked a lot better.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Any update on how these are working for you?
Sorry didnt check this section of the forum in a while.

I've used them few times so far. I can't use them on all workouts because my forearms start killing me. overall, I love the fat grip and when I squeeze them to hold the dumbells, my wrist becomes pretty stable. I need to build more strength in my forearms to utilize them more often though... My forearms start burning after few workouts and cannot keep up.

I mainly use them on biceps workouts now. Can't say about increase in strength, but I can see them doing that with involving the entire arm (biceps and forearms) in the workout and having to squeeze throughout the rep to keep hold of them.

They are pricy, so I can't recommend them unless you can afford them and want to try them out.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Sorry didnt check this section of the forum in a while.

I've used them few times so far. I can't use them on all workouts because my forearms start killing me. overall, I love the fat grip and when I squeeze them to hold the dumbells, my wrist becomes pretty stable. I need to build more strength in my forearms to utilize them more often though... My forearms start burning after few workouts and cannot keep up.

I mainly use them on biceps workouts now. Can't say about increase in strength, but I can see them doing that with involving the entire arm (biceps and forearms) in the workout and having to squeeze throughout the rep to keep hold of them.

They are pricy, so I can't recommend them unless you can afford them and want to try them out.
Cool. I might give them a run in the future, thanks for your honest review.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Here's a study that suggests that increasing the diameter of a bar doesn't really affect neuromuscular activation:
h ttp://w ww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18520435
It was done using an isometric bench press, so there's no way to tell if it would improve curls, deads, rows, etc, but it is food for thought.
I'm staying out of the bickering that is going on, but I will comment on the size of the bar.
I found the thicker grip more comfortable on some workouts than the standard bar size. Some other workouts however, I had to take them off to get better grip.

As for the strength gains, my assumption is due to needing to squeeze the stiff kind to grip the bar or dumbells. This causes tention in the entire arm while doing the reps. The research covers bar size, but not the extra squeezing throughout the workout. Does it produce more strength? I don't know because it is too early for me to say and my strength is going up anyway before I used them.

mikethebeast

Awards
So what would be better for hand strength and over all size in arms the fat gripz or the grip force?

Tex44

Awards
You would go with something that just lays in your hand, Grip4orce was truly made to develop stronger hands through making you squeeze. The stiff flex are insane...I should know I own both sets. Just gave my fatgripz to my dog.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
im considering buying the grip4orce and im not sure which to get the stiff flex or regular flex. I would like to purchase the stiff flex grip for the stronger resistance but im worried there might be too much resistance. Did anyone try the stiff flex grip?

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just checked out their site. Cool stuff and ill be ordering some and trying them out. Im goin to order a pair of reg. and stiff, each in different colors. I think you might have to build up to the stiff and in the case you get too fatigued during a workout, just switch to reg. and then to just the bar itself.

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
The various products out there that increase the diameter of the bar work pretty well, but not necessarily for the reasons people initially think. I have used both tyler grips and fat gripz. I found very little difference on pressing exercises. This could be due to my form being fairly dialed in, but I have not ever taken a heavy weight with them, just rep work.

Where I did find a massive difference is with curls (reverse grip curls get NASTY with these things) and any rowing exercise. Part of it will depend on how you lift. Let me explain...

If you lift with slow, sustained force production, you won't notice as much of a difference. If you generate a ton of force, i.e. you're explosive, these things will change your world. The reason being is that if you're doing a dumbbell row, and you usually haul on the 'bell intially, you're putting huge force on the db handle and it decelerates to the top of the movement. Try that with a much larger diameter bar handle and your hand will just peel off, which forces you to pull slowly and steadily, which will feel completely different.

I use them from time to time, I found my body adapted to them in 3-4 weeks I was doing pretty much the same weights (not with reverse grip curls though, those are game changers). Nice training tool to work in from time to time.

Tex44

Awards
WHAT is a slow sustained force production???? Bottom line the only way to make thick bars work is by applying force with you hands to the bar, that means squeeze. If thats not being done your not working your grip or activating all the muscles in the arms. Make a soft fist, then make a white knuckle fist (squeeze hard). Now put some resistance behind that white knuckle fist. It's not rocket science, it's just the facts
Grip4orce delivers plan and simple

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
WHAT is a slow sustained force production????

A form commonly used by body builders to keep a steady tempo, the opposite of compensatory accelleration, where maximum force is applied to the bar regardless of load.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one try grapple grip then? http://www.grapplegrip.com/ I used them at the fitness expo and loved them. I will be saving up for them in the upcomming future.

UNCLE COOL

UNCLE COOL

Awards
A guy at the gym was using the grapplegrips the other day. we got talking and he let me try them. I think he said something about one and a half grips. anyway I dont know what to think as I only used them for a few rep then play around for a few different things. they felt weird but that cause I have never used them before. I wish I could spend more time with them before I say I want them but I dont know the guy. Anyone with a opinion chime in on this I want to know more.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The grapple grip would be way too limited. You can't do any major compound pushing lift with them (e.g. dips, presses) and would be a major pain in the ass to use. I have been using my Fat Gripz for about 4 months and couldn't be happier.

lov2grapple

Awards
The Grapple Grip and Fat gripz are like apples and oranges. From the education you have posted I would assume you would know this. Let me say that the fat gripz concept is a good one because it allow's you to use conventional exercises with a wider diameter bar. Were the Grapple Grip differs is the angle, I am a grappler, the angle in which I would grab a wrist, ankle arm etc is the same angle as the Grapple Grip provides, plus the Grapple Grip comes in different sizes. I love my Grapple Grip, it changes everything for me, body builders might not like them but as a functional athlete I can say the Grapple Grip helps me on the mat. I would recommend them to anyone, but I would not say only use the Grapple Grip I would say use it all, why limit your self to equipment, the only reason I can see is if you lack the concept in which it promotes

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Grapple Grip and Fat gripz are like apples and oranges. From the education you have posted I would assume you would know this. Let me say that the fat gripz concept is a good one because it allow's you to use conventional exercises with a wider diameter bar. Were the Grapple Grip differs is the angle, I am a grappler, the angle in which I would grab a wrist, ankle arm etc is the same angle as the Grapple Grip provides, plus the Grapple Grip comes in different sizes. I love my Grapple Grip, it changes everything for me, body builders might not like them but as a functional athlete I can say the Grapple Grip helps me on the mat. I would recommend them to anyone, but I would not say only use the Grapple Grip I would say use it all, why limit your self to equipment, the only reason I can see is if you lack the concept in which it promotes
No, it's not like apples and oranges. The concept is similar, but the Grapple Grip is a bad concept. It is way too limited in its application in the gym. I am also a grappler and professional Mixed Martial Artist. My avatar is of me from one of my fights. Fat Grips can be applied to practically anything in the gym and not just for pulling lifts or on cables.