Is my workout efficient? Rate please.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Hey all. After much tinkering, I think I've found a good workout split. Still, I would like to know others' opinions on it.

I allocated 5 different exercises to each day, working 3 sets of 10 reps for each of the 5 exercises.

1. Monday (Chest and Shoulders) Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Shoulder Press, Front Rows, Lateral Raises.

2. Tuesday (Arms and Back) Dumbbell Curls, Triceps Push Downs, Forearm Curls, Lateral Pull Downs, Bent Over Rows.

3. Wednesday (Rest or play light basketball - shootaround).

4. Thursday (Legs and Abs) Squats, Leg Curls, Leg Presses, Calf Raises, Crunches.

5 .Friday (Alternate: One Friday Chest and Shoulders, one Friday Arms and Back).

6. Saturday (Play Basketball - 2-3 hours half and full-court).

7. Sunday (Rest).

Last edited:
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/10

Nothing for lower back, hams, glutes, etc.

Why so little?

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
3/10

Nothing for lower back, hams, glutes, etc.

Why so little?
At the weight I do my Squats I literally have no strength left for more leg exercises. Plus, the Squat truly is the best compound exercise ever, and works the lower back, hams, glutes, etc.

One more thing: My legs are wide, I mean really wide. It is so difficult to find jeans that fit my waist and thighs. Most of the time, I need jeans with a bigger waist to fit my thighs . . .

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the weight I do my Squats I literally have no strength left for more leg exercises. Plus, the Squat truly is the best compound exercise ever, and works the lower back, hams, glutes, etc.
Yet, you still do leg extensions and leg press. Why no direct hamstring work?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might switch the Leg Extensions for Leg Curls. Thanks for the advice.
thats what I was going to suggest b4 I read everyone elses responses :) save your kneecaps, and work hams directly.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
thats what I was going to suggest b4 I read everyone elses responses :) save your kneecaps, and work hams directly.
Yeah, you're both right. Extensions, Presses and Squats is overkill. Switching one for Curls is a must. Squats are holy and Presses feel good, so I'm axing the extensions.