NEED HELP with the bench
- 06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Technique..........example.... ...with my forearms angled rather than being perpendicular to floor, I literally benched about 25 lbs more. My buddy always benched with his forearms straight up and when I would try it, I felt so weak.....no wonder his bench sucked lol.
No anyway...a lot of benching is technique. I have bigger triceps and pecs than I did when I was benching 300 or more but I could not get that now. I can actually do more with dumbbells now than I could then but that is very different than a legal barbell bench press.
- 06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
- 06-08-2010, 03:13 PM
06-08-2010, 04:14 PM
in order for you to get an effective workout, you must lift minimum of 60% of 1RM.
and if ur 1rm is 185 then u need to be repping with 111lbs. minimum!
just some advice. if i were you i start with 4 sets. the weight should be hard enough for you not to break proper form and reps should be somthing like 10-10-8-7 or close to that. this will lindicate that the muscle are getting proper amount of resistance in order for them to grow.
getting to 300 is gonna take some time. consistency consistency consistency
Similar Forum Threads
- By noviceiron in forum Training ForumReplies: 84Last Post: 10-17-2010, 03:33 PM
- By Jmaths in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 18Last Post: 09-24-2009, 12:44 AM
- By bert1 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 12Last Post: 05-08-2008, 04:35 PM
- By The Flash in forum Training ForumReplies: 35Last Post: 02-28-2008, 02:32 AM
- By beaverboy in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-28-2008, 01:01 PM