Is Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps too much?

DB21

DB21

Awards
Is Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps too much in one day?

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
i dont think soo that what i train all together alll the time think about it when u bench or shoulder press ur using all 3 anyway

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not at all. I currently hit those 3 groups together on the same day, hit each muscle group once a week, and am in the gym 4 times a week. I have been liking the routine as well.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
it's not too much. most train legs in one day too

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
There's never any 1 absolute way to do things. Learn your body, what works and what doesn't. If it's too much for you, stop. If it's a good split for you and you see progress.. keep doing it.

The pros are the pros because they know their bodies. They realize there is no golden rule for everyone. Find out what you need to do for YOU, and you'll succeed.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Training chest, shoulders, and tris is pretty common. The excersizes for these are "push" or "press" exercisizes. Many people do push/pull splits. I personally prefer upper body/lower body splits.

DB21

DB21

Awards
Thank you all for the advice.
I really appreciate it.
It's been working good for me, so I'll stick with it.

Thank you all.

DB21

DB21

Awards
I do Cheat, shoulders, triceps one day.

Legs, Calves the next.

Back, biceps, and forearms another.
Sound legit?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick snapshot of my current routine looks like this:

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 2: Back, Biceps (Run)
Day 3: Off (Run)
Day 4: Quads/Glutes, Hamstrings
Day 5: Traps, Forearms, Calves
Day 6: Off (Run)
Day 7: Off

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just make sure your volume and frequency are in check. It's very, very easy to overdo it. Less is more, just keep it intense.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Just make sure your volume and frequency are in check. It's very, very easy to overdo it. Less is more, just keep it intense.
It's hard to find that fine-line. I still struggle with it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...unless of course when you train your shoulders it compromises the effort you give your chest and then training your chest compromises the effort you give your triceps....

Push/Pull - Chest/Back
Push/Pull - Arms
Push/Pull - Shoulders
Push/Pull - Legs

I promise you your chest workout is heavier and more intense if you DON'T train it after shoulders.
I promise you your tricep workout is heavier and more intense if you DON'T train it after chest.

Too many consecutive pushes diminishes the push...

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
you have to find the right balance i trained them all together for about 8 weeks

Mondays-
max effort on bench variation
Rep work on whatever lift i maxed on
Shoulder Press heres where it gets tricky if i did incline max or something that stressed the shoulders alot a barbell lift was outta the question id do dumbell or machine shoulder press..
Tricep movement- obviously since everything else was heavy this day id do pulldowns or less stressful tricep movement such as pulldowns..
----
for the second day if u bench heavy u obviously go lite this day
if u did shoulder press with a barbell last week do higher rep dumbells ones this day, if u did dbs the 1st day today barbell is an option
you can also do a heavier tricep movement such as board press pin press db extentions sskull crushers pull overs etc..

i did all this and back work.. ur gonna have to eat ALOT tho no slacking in the kitchen

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
It is if you bomb and blitz those bodyparts with an ungodly amount of sets and reps in the same session, but if you keep it simple with just a few presses and isolations, you'll be good to go.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
When do you say enough is enough, for each body part?