rev bench press is this any good

bigrich954rr

Awards
im looking for some new ways to make tri's grow there lacking thickness so i thought rev bench would be good because it wounld hit them and i could go heavy or any other ones good for hitting the inner part of your tri's good

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
excellent exercise, although they are problematic with some people with their wrists.

one caveat: bench press is already one of the most (if not THE most) dangerous exercise there is. it always cracks me up when people think the OLifts are dangerous. they aint NEARLY as dangerous as a bench press. consider that many people (in the US alone) die or are severely injured every year by bench pressing.

so... if you are going to reverse bench press, do it with a spotter, or preferably in a power cage.

but - very good exercise imo

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
excellent exercise, although they are problematic with some people with their wrists.

one caveat: bench press is already one of the most (if not THE most) dangerous exercise there is. it always cracks me up when people think the OLifts are dangerous. they aint NEARLY as dangerous as a bench press. consider that many people (in the US alone) die or are severely injured every year by bench pressing.

so... if you are going to reverse bench press, do it with a spotter, or preferably in a power cage.

but - very good exercise imo

Keep it quiet on the bench press dangers or the Gov. might ban it. ;)

bigrich954rr

Awards
ok ill start doing them and i aways have a spotter even at home good advise

jetset

Awards
I've done them in a smith machine before and they worked great.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
I've done them in a smith machine before and they worked great.
Agreed on that. Focus on pushing away (towards your feet, I guess you could say), and it puts a helluva lot of load on your tris. The only exercise I do on the smith.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
IA has me doing these...GREAT tri workout...he's a big fan of them and now so am I

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand the way they feel on my wrists and forearms, although they are a great exericse for tri's :)