Being a Hardgainer

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are a "Hardgainer", this means you must change your approach if you are going to get good gains. it does not mean you can't build a great body, and work up to very respectable strength levels. It does however mean your approach must be suitable for your body type and metabolism. No, you will never stand on the posing dais with the big boys, or total elite in powerlifting, but you can still get damn big and strong. Stuart McRobert's goals of 300-400-500 (meaning bench, squat, deadlift maxes) are within most trainees reach. But you will NEVER get there doing endless sets and a bunch of lifts per bodypart. In fact for many of you one lift per bodypart will need to be the rule. If your current routine isn't working QUIT waiting for it to somehow "happen". Start training smart!

Iron Addict

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
IA if I do a fullbody workout 3 times a week will I grow :D LOL I see so many so confused. I think what it comes down to for some is they can't take the pain you'll need to endure to really grow. If I leave a workout feeling great then I missed something. Maximum intensity for 35-40mins should make you wanna vomit atleast for me it does. :D

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
"IA if I do a fullbody workout 3 times a week will I grow "

i'd skip the full body and focus more on just chest and bi's for 2 hrs 5x a week, that will get you HUGE! :D

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
"IA if I do a fullbody workout 3 times a week will I grow "

i'd skip the full body and focus more on just chest and bi's for 2 hrs 5x a week, that will get you HUGE! :D

LOL Nothing like the chest and bicep guys. It's a personal dream to be on of them :D