superset question

chuck66

Awards
i have 2 questions about supersets
1. are they realy better then just doing normal sets and 2. does anyone have any goods superset lifts

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Supersets are good if you want to increase the intensity of your workouts. They aren't necessarily better than a single set; it depends on what you're going for. Use the search function and I'm sure you can find lots of older posts about supersets. Or just use Google.

Here are some supersets I enjoy:
Incline DB Presses + Incline Flyes or Pullovers
Arnold Presses + Rear Lateral Raises (or any other rear delt exercise)

Supersets work well with the same muscle groups (i.e., incline presses + flyes) and with opposing muscle groups (back exercise + chest exercise, ect..). Make sure to put the most difficult movement first.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
instant death superset : squats, deadlifts.

The Dooeug

The Dooeug

Banned
Awards
i like super setting tricep pull downs with weighted dips

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
for shoulders:
12 reps front raise or rear raise
12 reps lateral raise
12 reps military press
use a fairly light dumbell, because this is a good one.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Lately I've been doing this for shoulders:

8 front raise
8 lateral raise
16 dumbell shoulder shrugs (using much heavier weight than the front and lateral raise dumbells...for me anywhere from the 65 lb to the 80 lb dumbells)

I haven't done these in a while, but for biceps I used to do standing ez bar curls (like 8)supersetted with chinups.

*edit* Number of shoulder shrugs changed to 16 instead of 8.

dcf143

Awards
for traps.

farmers walk-front barbell shrugs-behind the back shurgs (smith machine)-then i grab 30lb dumbells and shrug up and roll my shoulders to the front (I forget if there is a name for them)

^works wonders.