health question

tshaw024

Awards
I need some help. I have had patella tendonitis in my knees for 2 years. Last september I sprained my AC joint in my shoulder lifting, and then a month later completely tore my patella tendon in my knee while jumping. It's been 3 months since my surgery and earlier this week I had a cortisone shot to alleviate my shoulder, then literally the next day my other shoulder starting having the same pain as the one I screwed up my AC joint in. Why is my body detorioraing like this? I am 23 years old, I can't even go to the gym bc my body is so wrecked right now. Any ideas?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i had to take a full year off upper body due to an injury.

art therapy worked for my golfers elbow when in fact i think it was a tendon and not joint issues at all.

were you lifting incredibly heavy and just moving the weight not focusing on controlling the negative ?

i contribute my messed up elbow to moving insane amount of weight with sh*t*y form for years on end

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
As the person above pointed out it could be lifting with poor form. Do/have you played sports that are rough on the body?

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
This could be genetic. You should check to see if anyone in your family suffered like this too.