48+hrs since working out arms, still slight soreness... Still work them out?

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
I worked out Tuesday, not only my arms but I want to go back to the gym and do some back, bi's and abs.... Is it a bad idea to go to the gym and work them out? I'm tryng to gain mass.

Thx

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if you're still sore, i wouldn't work them out (leads to overtraining). at your age, if your smaller muscles aren't recovering within 48 hours, take a hard look at your calorie intake, as well as your protein intake.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
if you're still sore, i wouldn't work them out (leads to overtraining). at your age, if your smaller muscles aren't recovering within 48 hours, take a hard look at your calorie intake, as well as your protein intake.
I need to go food shopping for sure lol, but i just came back after a 2wk break because i got sick. I also wasnt eating very good while i was sick so i lost some strength/muscle just in the 2wk period! I came right back tues did some deadlifts and i already feel like i got back what i lost in muscle developement. I hate cooking, but i know i need to eat eat eat eat eat eat and eat! thx, i guess im anxious to get back in the gym!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
ahh. combined with 2 weeks off, the DOMS hits hard. keep on trucking, and if there's anything i can do to help, shoot me a PM :)

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
ahh. combined with 2 weeks off, the DOMS hits hard. keep on trucking, and if there's anything i can do to help, shoot me a PM :)
Ahh, thx dude! I'll keep that in mind, i have been researching and watching terminator movies 1-3(Arnold lol) I want the look of being big, I've been reading "Encyclopedia of Muscle and Strength" by Jim Stoppani, so im about to switch up my routine a bit.

Main Goal:

Bigger Chest, and Bigger Arms.

Secondary Goal: Bigger everything after lol

Im gonna go into it a little easy since i took time off, im going to do maybe...

DAY 1
2-3 Chest workouts +Abs on Chest day, 3-4 sets last sets to failure+1 forced rep each excercise.

one day OFF

DAY 2
Deadlifts+3 Back excercises probly some more abs.

Day OFF

Day 3 Shoulders- Probly some seated press's and then 2 isolation excercises then some 21's on my arms probly 3 sets per workout, maybe only 21's on one workout.

Squats will fit in somewhere too lol, but this is just a quick estimation of my plans. I could always just switch up day 1 and 2 and throw my tri's w/ Chest and Bi's with back and have day 3 as a legs.

let me know how you think it is for now.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Hman85 reworked my routine, and i've found its the best for me, though everyone is different

day 1 : chest/tri's/front and mid delts (all compound moves)
day 2 : back/bi's/rear delts (all compound moves)
day 3 : legs/forearms
day 4 : chest/tri's/front and mid delts (dumbell, isolation)
day 5 : back/bi's/rear delts (dumbell, isolation when possible)

so long as you're doing the compound movements though, mass is inevitable.

this is probably stuff you already know, but i'll shoot the link for gits and shiggles.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

captgarrett

Awards
if your muscle fibers aren't healed from the initial tear, you can tear them down even further resulting in a net loss of muscle mass. Obviously you don't want that. Also, just because you aren't sore, doesn't mean your 100% yet. The way my split works, it takes me 5-6 days to get back to the same muscle group.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
James Chan 10 8 6 15 program is what i have been trying to do, which is why im sorey basically everywhere still.

Any cheap/quick meal tricks, i dont live it at home, i live with my best friend ans his parents so i dont feel to comfortable cooking all the time, and everyone in the house is over weight so they dont eat as much as i need to.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
Bump! Lol i think I'm gonna do squats + abs today! I would like to do shoulders to, but if my triceps aren't ready I don't want to break um down if there not 100%

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you work your arms in all upper body exercises anyway so i would not train them separately if you are still sore. they obviously have not fully recovered yet

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
I guess i'll just do squats and abs, that should be fine since im not sore in my legs or abs.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
ok did my squats and abs, my abs got beat pretty good since i usually dont do them, i hope my legs arent sore forever because i want to get back to the program im trying.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
ok did my squats and abs, my abs got beat pretty good since i usually dont do them, i hope my legs arent sore forever because i want to get back to the program im trying.
If you do some easy cardio and stretch your entire leg thoroughly the next day after leg workout BEFORE they lock up on you the pain is diminished greatly. Once they lock up, on day 2 after workout for me, it hurts too bad to stretch them effectively. If you can stretch before they are too sore, you will be able to walk and sit on the can with much less pain. I do some easy cardio immediately after legs, then stretch for 10 minutes, and on perfect scenario, do easy cardio the next morning and stretch out for 10 min at least. The times I don't get to stretch the day after sucks.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
If you do some easy cardio and stretch your entire leg thoroughly the next day after leg workout BEFORE they lock up on you the pain is diminished greatly. Once they lock up, on day 2 after workout for me, it hurts too bad to stretch them effectively. If you can stretch before they are too sore, you will be able to walk and sit on the can with much less pain. I do some easy cardio immediately after legs, then stretch for 10 minutes, and on perfect scenario, do easy cardio the next morning and stretch out for 10 min at least. The times I don't get to stretch the day after sucks.
Im a hardgainer so i kinda stay away from cardio except for the first 5min im in the gym i jog on the tread mill to warm up a bit. But i bet it wouldnt hurt to jog 5min after squats do get the blood flowing, i need to get in a habit of stretching after im out of the gym but im in such a rush to get some food in me!!! Then im done eating im full and cant move lol Thanks for the tips ill give it a try.