How is this schedule?
- 12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
How is this schedule?
Not sure if it's working well, im trying to bulk, I have gained minimal weight over the past 3 weeks but definately see a difference. All workouts are 3 sets of each, and 5-7 reps..adding 5 lbs every week to each workout.
* 1 set of calf raises on EVERY workout day + 1 set of 50 crunches every workout day.
Day 1: Deltoids/(Shoulders)
Day2: Chest & Bi's
Day 3: Tri's
Day 4: OFF
Day 5: Mix of.. Legs (1 set), Lats (1 set), rotator cuff (1 set)
Day 6: See Day 1
Day 7: OFF
day 8 (or 1) would be same as day 2. So I do 4 different workouts in 5 days per week, so 1 workout of 4 is always done 2 times per week. everything else is hit once per week. The off days are always different, this was just an example. no more than 3 workout days in a row usually though.
I know its a weird schedule but I have to go 5 times per week otherwise I would have nothing to do, b/c I'd be at the gym anyway. Let me know if any other schedule would be more effective, Im thinking I might not be getting enough rest, although I am never sore or tired b/c my diet is good..or maybe im not hitting each part enough, not sure lol. any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.
- 12-11-2009, 05:54 PM
You definitely don't need to work abs every day . Treat them like anyother muscle they need rest too. I'd suggest no more than 2 times per week, you should blast them then
- 12-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Don't do delt isolation exercises but do do heavy military press or push press with shrugs.
Do chest with tri's and change day 3 to back and bi's starting with deads. Leg day-only legs. Give each body part at least 5 days of rest, you grow when you rest.
12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Good reply, short and to the point
Similar Forum Threads
- By Bagged01 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 05-04-2010, 05:23 AM
- By Mike Monto in forum SupplementsReplies: 11Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:41 PM
- By stormecho in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-31-2009, 12:33 AM
- By PumpingIron in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 17Last Post: 05-02-2007, 08:59 AM
- By beefjerky in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 16Last Post: 06-17-2006, 02:26 PM