- 11-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Yea, one of the most brutal leg exercises IMO. I hate them for a couple reasons.
- I lose my pump. Now idea why or how but if i put them in the start or end of my workout i tend to lose my pump.
- They are exhausting.
Questions - Who does them effectively and retains a pump or gets a pump from them.
Do you do high reps, 30+ steps(15 each) or keep em low at 20?
Do you do walking or standing?
I want to try to put them in my WO for seperation of the quad and ham on the side so hit me with some ideas, techniques and such.
- 11-05-2009, 03:40 PMBoard Sponsor
- 5'1" 122 lbs.
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Kiwi in the United States
- Rep Power
Depending on the weight used, I did between 12-30 reps in total (the heavier the weight, the lower the reps), alternating legs, standing.
I did them using both DB and BB: DB Backward Lunges, and BB Forward Lunges (onto a box).
I personally found that Alternate Backward DB Lunges worked best for me re muscle separation and definition. However, you really need to just experiment and see what works best for YOU. And there may be an even better exercise to achieve what you want re muscle separation.
Similar Forum Threads
- By freefall365 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 09-06-2010, 10:08 PM
- By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
- By Matt6969 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 01-14-2010, 02:05 PM
- By rab71 in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 12-28-2009, 08:18 PM
- By Blacksmith in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 8Last Post: 12-31-2002, 05:08 PM