Torn Patella, What can I do to not lose muscle???

tshaw024

Awards
I just tore my patella straight from the kneecap, getting surgery this week. Will be 6 months until full recovery. What can I do to lose as little of my upper body mass as possible. Also how can I keep my body from putting on fat while I can't do cardio??? Any advice is greatly appreciated...........

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Well your going to lose some muscle no matter what because your not putting your body through anything close to the use it's use to. However, if your really that worried about it just eat really well over the time period. Gauge your macros well and you'll be alright.

bigdave

bigdave

Awards
take creatine as well read a few studies on people mantaining muscle while in a cast supplementing with it. plus ull be given therapy they will tell u what u can and can not do

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
lol

After the OP did get a reply within 6 hours he posted Thanks azz holes

Why can't you work your upper body basically the same?

Also do leg ext and leg curls with the other leg. I had a separated shoulder and still did chest, shoulder and back DB exercises on the good side and lost no size on the side with the injury.

The human body strives to keep balance.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Send a question to Marc Bartley over at the elitefts website. He completely tore his patellar tendon at a powerlifting meet and came back to compete in a bodybuilding show ~1 year later. I'm sure he would be happy to help you out.