1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Training a female

Hey guys i've been working out for sometime now, i've helped a few friends get into it by showing them different exercise methods, i might not be the best or most knowing person in the world but i feel like i have a good routine for myself, i'm talking to a girl who wants to train with me and i've never trained a girl before, my last gf had a high metabolism and could eat whatever she wanted and not put weight on so she never came to the gym with me....does anyone have any good resources for reshaping the female body, this girl is in shape as well but not happy with how she looks....even though i like the way she looks...any direction you can point me in will help

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Hey guys i've been working out for sometime now, i've helped a few friends get into it by showing them different exercise methods, i might not be the best or most knowing person in the world but i feel like i have a good routine for myself, i'm talking to a girl who wants to train with me and i've never trained a girl before, my last gf had a high metabolism and could eat whatever she wanted and not put weight on so she never came to the gym with me....does anyone have any good resources for reshaping the female body, this girl is in shape as well but not happy with how she looks....even though i like the way she looks...any direction you can point me in will help
    Train her as you would yourself: Compound lifts, as heavy as she can for a set RM; starting off in the 3x10-12 range if she is a beginner for a few weeks to get her body used to the exercises and form, etc. Training females is no different from training males. As for diet, the only thing that is different re males and females is caloirc intake and this is based on the individual in question.

If she wants fat loss then ]url=http://rosiesmusclerevolution.webs.co m/fat_loss.htm]The 3 Keys to Fat Loss[/url] is an excellent source. If she is a beginner it will help as well. Remember that the key to "reshaping" the body lies in nutrition and exercise, with one factor more dominant than the other in most people.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I agree with Rosie. Train her the same as you. My wife would train with me and never did "girly" stuff. Bench press, deadlifts, squats, typical BB'er routine. Some people thought she was hardcore, even though she wasn't as strong as the roided up chicks.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.71%

It makes sence since a girls body is different from a mans hormone wise, so they won't bulk up like a guy. They will juste tone up and get curves lol. Your rutin should be fine but less weight ofcorse.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.18%

thanks for the input guys, i'm just going to use my routine and instead of going down to low reps keep her at about 8-12, she wants to do tons of cardio and doesn't really want to listen when i say that she needs weight training as well for all the normal reasons but i'll be able to get her to listen lol
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

thanks for the input guys, i'm just going to use my routine and instead of going down to low reps keep her at about 8-12, she wants to do tons of cardio and doesn't really want to listen when i say that she needs weight training as well for all the normal reasons but i'll be able to get her to listen lol
    Get her lifting as heavy as she can for those 8-12 reps, and tell her it doesn't matter whether she does 8 or 12 reps, as long as she pushes herself. Tell her that tons of cardio is going to do nothing except just make her a smaller version of what she is now; no leaner, no more 'toned'. She NEEDS to be lifting weights to get the body that she wants!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.86%

Ya I have been lifting with a girl and she does almost everything I do except deadlifts and she modifies some lifts she doesn't feel comfortable with. I even have her do DC with me lol. It is def pretty hot seeing her workout lol.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Introduce her to the weight room and tell her to stay away from the cardio section. Somewhere down the line guys of many generations will be thanking you. Your doing mankind a favor.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.84%

it really just depends on weather or not u want a buff gf
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.86%

Quote Originally Posted by bi0hazurd View Post
    Most girls arent going to get "buff" to be honest. There are other factors that lead to that other than just lifting weights.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

what is she taking steriods? What tomahawk said..
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    what is she taking steriods? What tomahawk said..
    I didn't say it I merely left it to one's imagination

A girl lifting weights can add some curves in the right places. I def dont get mad on leg days when bike shorts are worn. I don't really like lying leg curls but I ALWAYS suggest them
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

are you freakin kidding me
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.84%

lol joking
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.82%

Train her as you would train, I hate when I see chicks doing like 10lbs on the leg press because they don't wanna get "huge" such a damn myth. Girls training like dudes is sexy as hell!!!
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.18%

she's training right next to me, still has a cardio mind set, so i tell her she has to lift with me for aleast 45 minutes and she can do cardio, the one trainer in my gym used to be mr. pennsylvania and he told me what everyone's saying, have her lift like i would, have her go as heavy as possible the only difference is, when i'm toying with going heavier and heavier each time i work a muscle part, find a weight that is changing her body, once it stops then go to a heavier weight, he also said have her do real lifts like skull crushers and not pull backs for triceps because the crushers will tone her up quickly then when she's nice and toned the tricep pull backs will help add definition, that was after he saw me doing them at the end of the routine because i feel like they help keep a nice pump in my tri's at the end of the workout
  17. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%

she's training right next to me, still has a cardio mind set, so i tell her she has to lift with me for aleast 45 minutes and she can do cardio, the one trainer in my gym used to be mr. pennsylvania and he told me what everyone's saying, have her lift like i would, have her go as heavy as possible the only difference is, when i'm toying with going heavier and heavier each time i work a muscle part, find a weight that is changing her body, once it stops then go to a heavier weight, he also said have her do real lifts like skull crushers and not pull backs for triceps because the crushers will tone her up quickly then when she's nice and toned the tricep pull backs will help add definition, that was after he saw me doing them at the end of the routine because i feel like they help keep a nice pump in my tri's at the end of the workout
    Be careful that if she's doing cardio post-weights that she's eating ENOUGH to cover it. Otherwise she can workout all she wants and she's NOT going to make any changes!...Have her do Bodyweight Dips (and I do NOT mean using a bench) and progress to Weighted Dips for Triceps...I would really recommend working her either 3 x Full-Body sessions or an Upper/Lower/Full-Body session a week to get her into shape, using ONLY compound exercises!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
  2. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
  4. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:27 AM
  5. training a female friend
    By LakeMountD in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 08:04 PM