shoulder workouts - AnabolicMinds.com

shoulder workouts

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

shoulder workouts

I'm just wondering if I am over doing it on shoulder days. I typically do 4 sets of shoulder presses and then 3 sets each of a side/laterral raise, a front raise, an upright row, shrugs, and then something for my rear delts. Should I lay off or go harder?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney02 View Post
    I'm just wondering if I am over doing it on shoulder days. I typically do 4 sets of shoulder presses and then 3 sets each of a side/laterral raise, a front raise, an upright row, shrugs, and then something for my rear delts. Should I lay off or go harder?
    IMO Front raises are UNnecessary, especially if you are doing shoulder presses or military presses.

I don't think that you need both Upright Rows and Shrugs.

However, at the end of the day your volume is up to you and your session should be organized and designed to help you achieve your goals (and needs).

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  218 lbs.

i wouldnt say youre over doing it really i would say if you make a couple of minor changes you could see some better results.

Just like Rosie said you dont need the front raises, if your anterior delts are lacking though you can it on an incline bench grab a bar at a little narrower than shoulder width and do front raises like that it keeps A LOT OF TENSION on the muscles and will stimulate the medial deltoid at the same time and if youre going to incorporate uprights which you should try a wide grip approach, it will put hella tension on the medial deltoid, i personally dont do unilateral lateral raises, i do both arms at the same time its up to you though and make sure your pinkies are pointed as close to the sky as possible and elbows even or slightly higher than your hands, this will really kick those shoulders into cannonballs!!! With shoulders i find a little higher rep is necessary for growth. Are you doing dumbbell shrugs? Barbell in front or back? I prefer barbell behind my back, and i go as heavy as i can possibly go, this is the only way i can stimulate some growth in my traps though.
    •   

4. Better Body Sports
    Stats
    6'0"  172 lbs.

IMO, you should back off a bit. Shoulders are one of the smaller muscles and need only a little bit to tear up that muscle fiber group.
    Upright rows/ Military Presses/ Side Laterals and some BB shrugs should do you good.

Good luck
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  218 lbs.

DO NOT NEGLECT THE POSTERIOR DELTOIDS your shoulders will look tiny if you do, make sure you include them in your training, either on shoulder or back day
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlean View Post
    IMO, you should back off a bit. Shoulders are one of the smaller muscles and need only a little bit to tear up that muscle fiber group.
    Upright rows/ Military Presses/ Side Laterals and some BB shrugs should do you good.

Good luck
    back off?? the guy isnt doing crazy amount of exercises, hes definitely not overtraining them w/ his current routine it just needs some refining, we dont know what his weak points on his shoulders are
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

This is some awesome advice. I appreciate it all.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

IMO, if you are truly training with enough intensity, all of those exercises and sets are a bit too much for a natural BBer/Trainer. But, if you ask a question in a bodybuilding/fitness forum, you will get 100 different answers and ALL of them will tell you THEY are correct. lol

So, go with your gut. If you are making gains, then it's all good. Try it both ways over the course of a month or two and compare results (all other things being equal).

Those are my 2 cents. Good luck!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedingthrou View Post
    DO NOT NEGLECT THE POSTERIOR DELTOIDS your shoulders will look tiny if you do, make sure you include them in your training, either on shoulder or back day
    Any lifts you would recommend for this??
    EatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatT rainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrain SleepEatTrainSleepEatTrainSlee pEatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEat TrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrai nSleepEatTrainSleep
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. pre workouts ?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 10:40 PM
  2. Pre-workouts and poo
    By Shane0Mac in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 07:09 PM
  3. Do You Log Your Workouts?
    By Jet in forum Exercise Science