Complexes instead of HIIT or cardio thoughts?

rab71

rab71

Awards
I found this article thinking of incorporating this on on a HIIT day. In other words this instead of HIIT. Probably Sat. cuz Sun. is an off day.

.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/screw_cardio_four_complexes_for_a_shredded_physique

put www in front of it as I am not able to post links

It reminds me of Tabata but with weights...

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yes there pretty hard make sure you use light weights tho. i Tried the Power clean, Frong Squat, Back Squat, Push Press, Barbell Row etc.. with 95lbs and i was real sore the next day..

id maybe try the bar and try to do 6.5.4.3.2.1 and then pyramid back up.

rab71

rab71

Awards
Well on Saturday I used just a 45lb. bar. My lower back is a bit sore but I may have just lost my form briefly. Otherwise I'd say it went well. I performed a similar workout to the one you did. I liked it really.

I'll do it again next Saturday.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
damn i wanna hit these 3 days a week and get some killer cardio in

rab71

rab71

Awards
From what I understand, you can over train doing this three days a week as you would perform this on an off day or to make up for a cardio day?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I play college ball and train at a sports performace complex. Every friday is barf day. The craziest conditioning you will ever get. 12-15 excercises with 25 lb dbs 3 times. Its ussually around 15-20 reps of full body lifts...like squat to punches, rdls, snatches, lunges, steps ups, burpees, bear crawl shuttle, squat jumps. We ussualy do that 3 times with anywhere from no rest to 25 seconds between sets. It takes about 11-14 minutes per set and is a far better workout than most sprinting workouts. My heart rate is ussually around 180 for the whole thing. Its intense.

Id say if you do a cricuit its much much better than spriniting cardio...not even close to those guys at the gym who walk on an incline or bike....what a waste

rab71

rab71

Awards
If my heart rate was at 180 for that long I would either have a stroke or a heart attack...:knockedout:

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
really? yeah the first couple times ure heart rate isnt anywhere near there....but u just have to push more every time with the pace.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea i did these complexes b4 squat day and my squats sucked my lower back wasnt sore but the bar felt uneven on my back and the weight felt way heavier then it should have!

rab71

rab71

Awards
Yeah, the highest my heart rate has been is 170's if I recall correctly. I have asthma, it doesn't help matters... Cardiovascularity (is that a word?) is not my strong suit... lol