Two A Days

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Two A Days

Does anyone have any thoughts and, more importantly, experiences with double days? Stupidity or Brilliance?

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lironk View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts and, more importantly, experiences with double days? Stupidity or Brilliance?
    If you're going to do that then you need to make sure that you're EATING FOR IT!!! Otherwise, nothing wrong with it if you can handle it and it fits on with your goals; many athletes (myself included) do this successfully. You wouldn't want to do EVERY day like that though; even athletes have an 'easy' day once a week.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting. Would you go for same body parts lighter weight as Ive heard, or entirely different body parts??

Liron
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lironk View Post
    Interesting. Would you go for same body parts lighter weight as Ive heard, or entirely different body parts??

Liron
    You're talking resistance training specifically, then. Personally I would go as heavy as possible for a different body-part. However, it doesn't matter what I would do, since everyone who does this would have to fins what works for them and a regime that suited their goals. Personally, though, I would not do TWO resistance sessions in a day. I would do a mixture of weights/cardio or HIT if I were to do a second session involving resistance training and make it as intense as possible. Again, everyone is different, and how I train I would never recommend to others.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah. I tried it the other day and my CNS was toast the next day. Not recommended!
  6. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

two-a-days are pretty standard for some styles of training, particularly in eastern Europe (Bulgaria in particular). Mornings are heavy load, evenings are high volume, with at least 6hrs between them. Charles Poliquin recommends a similar set-up, focusing on one or two body parts per day.

Another option, advocated by Chad Waterbury, is lower volume total-body routines twice-a-day. Again, high load in the morning, higher reps at night.

Finally, I've seen C.S. Sloan (I think it was him, but don't quote me) advocate one body part in the morning with a variety of loads and rep schemes, and an entirely different body part at night.

I've tried both Poliquin's and Waterbury's recommended routines of this style, and actually had far better results, strengthwise, with Waterbury's. My squat and deadlift hit alltime highs while doing that routine.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 4 days of HGHPro - 4 days of CT sweeeet slumber!
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 12:47 AM
  2. 6-oxo 3 caps a day 5 days on 2 days off continuous, safe?
    By DanielS3368 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
  4. Diet on training days VS non training days..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM