Another shoulder pain question...

iDShaDoW

Awards
My shoulders kinda been bugging me for the past couple weeks.

Haven't been working out or doing much to aggravate it but it doesn't seem to wanna go away.

Can't really think of anything that I could've done to make it this way either. Thought it was just the way I slept or something but guess not.

It's not really my traps or shoulder, but I have a sort of sharp pain near where my shoulder and collar bone meet. Kind of directly below or behind the collar bone itself.

I mainly feel it when my arm is back when I'm at the bottom point of a push-up or dip.

Any idea what it might be or if it's something serious? Or general advice on what I can do to treat it for the timebeing? I've been stretching it a bit all the time to the point where I feel a bit of pain but not too much. It's not excruciatingly painful but quite annoying and I'm unable to do any sort of workouts because of it besides jogging.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Maybe a pinched nerve? Do you have a chiro you can go see? I have pinched several nerves in my neck upper back that produce similar types of pain. It feels like it is knotted up and if I could just stretch it out good, it will help. problem is it's not the muscle and pain doesn't go away until after a visit to my favorite sports chiro.

JMO.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When i put some heavy weigth for the chest my shoulder is killing me too!
so i go with my chiro!

Mikey13

Awards
My shoulders kinda been bugging me for the past couple weeks.

Haven't been working out or doing much to aggravate it but it doesn't seem to wanna go away.

Can't really think of anything that I could've done to make it this way either. Thought it was just the way I slept or something but guess not.

It's not really my traps or shoulder, but I have a sort of sharp pain near where my shoulder and collar bone meet. Kind of directly below or behind the collar bone itself.

I mainly feel it when my arm is back when I'm at the bottom point of a push-up or dip.

Any idea what it might be or if it's something serious? Or general advice on what I can do to treat it for the timebeing? I've been stretching it a bit all the time to the point where I feel a bit of pain but not too much. It's not excruciatingly painful but quite annoying and I'm unable to do any sort of workouts because of it besides jogging.
possible rotator cuff impingement?
I have an impingement and pain pops anywhere in my shoulder at different times....

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
take a week or dare i say two off do rotator cuff workout and be lazy ice heat it 3 x a day. start with light rotator cuff warm ups and end ur workout with a lil challenging rotator work.. should do the trick if u cant make it to the doctor!

iDShaDoW

Awards
Thanks for the help so far guys, anyone else have ideas keep em coming.

I'd like to go to a chiro but I'm dirt broke with some credit card debt and no health insurance. I get some financial aid for college comin so I might be able to scrape something together in a few weeks.

possible rotator cuff impingement?
I have an impingement and pain pops anywhere in my shoulder at different times....
Any advice on what you do to treat rotator cuff impingement? I'm gonna have to look that up and see if that might be what I got.

take a week or dare i say two off do rotator cuff workout and be lazy ice heat it 3 x a day. start with light rotator cuff warm ups and end ur workout with a lil challenging rotator work.. should do the trick if u cant make it to the doctor!
Guess I'll give this a try. I've pretty much given up on all exercise for now besides jogging since even sitting up in bed when I wake up can cause me to feel the shoulder pain a little bit.

+reps to you all

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
buy some Tiger Balm help me very much A+

Mikey13

Awards
Any advice on what you do to treat rotator cuff impingement? I'm gonna have to look that up and see if that might be what I got.

Guess I'll give this a try. I've pretty much given up on all exercise for now besides jogging since even sitting up in bed when I wake up can cause me to feel the shoulder pain a little bit.
menthol rub
don't have the time at work to look it up but I am pretty sure it is
diesel crew shoulder health <- look it up on youtube great list of exercises for anyone's shoulders.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help so far guys, anyone else have ideas keep em coming.

I'd like to go to a chiro but I'm dirt broke with some credit card debt and no health insurance. I get some financial aid for college comin so I might be able to scrape something together in a few weeks.

+reps to you all

No probelm man i couldnt shoot a basketball last year. Litearlly 3 shots and i was worthless after id be left open at the 3 point line could fire away 20 shots and not come close on one. it even hurt to dribble and this worked. Also tro to get ur hands on some anti anti-inflamitories ;) ...

O and also if ur a fan of benching heavy Try Wendler 5/3/1... that way you get strength witout alot of reps then go light for hytrophy..

iDShaDoW

Awards
anti anti-inflammatories? like ibuprofen? or something completely different? my cousin's wife is a nurse at a hospital so she might be able to get me something if i tell her

i feel ya on the basketball thing, i don't play much but it's good sprinting around the court, and when i go to do a outside shot and extend my arm i feel like some of the muscles aren't supporting my joint and i get a bit of pain (think it's like tennis elbow or something?); the elbow itself though, not my shoulder

brettly

Awards
Variations of external rotations should help. Its most likely a muscular imbalance that, as mentioned before, could cause impingement. I'd head to your chiropractor ASAP, and he can probably treat it with some A.R.T. as well. A bit of rest will help too.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
hey buddy,

i think i have the same issue as you. that joint is called the AC joint and for mine it is getting detached. What that means is it'll actually look a bit higher than than it should be when you feel at the joining of the shoulder and collarbone.

i also have pain in the bottom position of dips / pushups precisely. I have more problem with flat / decline than I do with incline. And I have almost zero issue with a military movement. so the more decline (decline bench, dips) aggravate my AC issue.

Mine was confirmed by ultrasound, and you may want to get both checked in case. the AC joint issue is difficult to heal because it is ligament, not tendon (most people get tendonitis in the shoulder). Since ligaments don't have blood they don't heal quickly, or at all in fact.

what you are experiencing as far as pain is inflammation and you may consider a cortisol shot, but that is just to reduce the inflammation, but not the problem. You may want to consider changing up your form. I had to rest about 2 months of doing no chest movements when mine finally healed to the point I could do it again. Even to this day, it still hurts very badly until I'm warmed up.

not a fun problem, but not the most serious unless your ac joint is entirely detached.