Looking for Arnold Schwarzenegger's routine

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Anyone know where you can find his workout routine?

Siberian

Awards
I don't know exactly but I can point you in the right direction. I am almost positive he did a 6 days per week rotation which you can find in his encyclopedia of bodybuilding. It's around $25 for the book but I'm sure you cud find his routine somewhere on the net for free. Sorry I couldnt be of any more help.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Get the encyclopedia, makes for great reading.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Very very few people could gain on a routine like arnolds he is the true genetic freak.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I just bought the updated version of his bodybuilding encyclopedia, I found it at a used book store for $15. You can find it anywhere. Its an interesting read, but the training programs are really outdated. He recommends like 20 sets per bodypart for the advanced bodybuilder. The programs are just a recipe for overtraining IMO.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
nicely put. arnold's workouts back in his prime, as well as many other top bodybuilders had workouts which would be considered too much volume now a days. You're talking about Am-Pm splits, a few dozen sets per bodypart, atleast 5-6 training days per week..... even with assistance of anabolics, the old method of training would be overdoing it. But definitely pick up the bible of bodybuilding....a must have really.
Sage

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I grabbed it up about a year ago too. Nice toilet-friend, especially the pictures.

I remember reading one of his entries and it said that he "HAD" to get his chins going better, so he did chins all day long.... heh, what a nut...

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Anybody seen what Arnold looks like now? My wife is a gossip magazine junkie. She has one that shows a photo of Arnold from the Olympia days in a black posing suit, next to a recent vacation picture of Arnold wearing a similar black speedo. The difference is amazing. He has very little muscle tone left at all & is about 40 lbs overweight, just nasty. I know he's 50+ years old & now has other priorities, but it's still depressing to see Arnold like that. There are plenty of guys his age who still look great. Ferrigno for one..

BrKonman

Awards
Yep, I grabbed it up about a year ago too. Nice toilet-friend, especially the pictures.

I remember reading one of his entries and it said that he "HAD" to get his chins going better, so he did chins all day long.... heh, what a nut...
Not to sidetrack this thread, but had to comment... Doing an exercise many times over the course of a day, for weeks at a time is a legitimate strength training protocol called Synaptic Facilitation.

http://www.cbass.com/Synaptic.htm
http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode3&articleid=69

Arnold was actually doing a very useful thing by doing chins all day long. :)

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Just remember that Arnold didn't use the same training protocols throughout the year.

For the first four months of the year, he used a HIT protocol, training using either the whole body on one-day, or splitting it õp between upper body and lower body, using 2-3 sets per muscle group.

For the next four months he trained once a day, every day, training every bodypart once a week, using a 15-20 sets per muscle group.

For the final four months (pre-contest), he trained twice-a-day, hitting each bodypart twice a week, using 15-25 sets per muscle group.

westniles

Awards
As for the vacation pics of arnold, apparently that was right after his heart surgery. Did you see him in t3? He was in excellent shape.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
seriously plus if you look at those pictures they look doctored to me. In t3 he was huuuge and that would have only been like 8 mnths later.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I'd bet good money he was back on the juice for T3. Now he's the governator and doesn't have the gonads to get rid of Gray Davis' PH ban.

~Todd

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Anybody seen what Arnold looks like now? My wife is a gossip magazine junkie. She has one that shows a photo of Arnold from the Olympia days in a black posing suit, next to a recent vacation picture of Arnold wearing a similar black speedo. The difference is amazing. He has very little muscle tone left at all & is about 40 lbs overweight, just nasty. I know he's 50+ years old & now has other priorities, but it's still depressing to see Arnold like that. There are plenty of guys his age who still look great. Ferrigno for one..
that picture is after his heart surgery; did you see what he looked like for Terminator 3?

LamontS1

Awards
Arnold is like in his mid-50s. He still looks better than 95% of the people his age. ..Plus, how can you compare him to how he looked in his early 20s? Is that really a fair comparison?