Top 10 Reasons Why You Train Like a Panzy….

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,381
    Rep Power
    851638
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    75.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Thumbs up Top 10 Reasons Why You Train Like a Panzy….


    From Zach Even-Esh's blog today

    Top 10 Reasons Why You Train Like a Panzy….

    1. You can’t get stronger. ****ing add weight to the bar and crank the tunes. Stop being scared of the weights.

    2. You can’t gain muscle. You’re not training hard enough, period. You train like a ***** and eat like a bird, enough said.

    3. You think dumbbells can’t do the job. I have a 150 lb dumbbell in my gym. If you can snatch it, clean & press it, floor press it, row it, carry it and swing it, you ARE a strong MoFo! Dumbbells work, and if they don’t work, it means you ain’t workin’ hard enough.

    4. You keep looking for the “Secret Sauce”. Stop looking for the secret supplement. You won’t find results in a bottle or a jar. Earn it, SON!

    5. You have NO passion for strength and muscle. If you don’t love the iron you will NEVER gain strength and muscle as fast as the next guy who loves wrapping his hands around a heavy barbell or dumbbell.

    6. You’re a ****ing Quitter. Push yourself to the limit. Train hard. Stop popping zits in the mirror and checking your hair. The set ends when you have pushed past your limits.

    7. You use a cell phone while training. Do you check text messages or take phone calls when training? You SUCK!

    8. You don’t Deadlift. This exercise ain’t pretty. Squat down, grip it and rip it. And NO, the leg press is not a substitute!

    9. You don’t Squat. Putting BIG weights on your back is no joke. Squatting heavy AND for high reps will shock your body into new growth.

    10. Your stomach always hurts. If you eat like **** your stomach will always bother you. Stop eating like **** and do what needs to be done to improver your fitness. If not, you will always be nauseous. Get in shape and commit to yourself. And guess what, sometimes you just might throw up. Oh well.

    That’s my rant.

    I’m tired of the half assers and tired of the free loaders.

    I’m tired of the quitters, the whiners and complainers.

    Tired of the jealous *******s who feel entitled to everything.

    It’s called WORK.

    Step up, train hard, work hard and get your hands dirty
    .
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  2. Advanced Member
    AnthonyIOSOS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    486
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    83.08%

    Nice. I like it. I really hate the mofo's using the bluetooth while working out. I have to crank the head phones to tune them out.
  3. Advanced Member
    D3vildog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    419
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    70.58%

    Oorah!
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why did he feel the need to tell people what most of them already know?
  5. New Member
    Grimninja117's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    27.91%

    Puking is never fun, but you know you're workin hard if you need to that's for DAMN sure.
  6. Board Sponsor
    WhatsaRoid?'s Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,428
    Rep Power
    3653
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    73.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    Nice. I like it. I really hate the mofo's using the bluetooth while working out. I have to crank the head phones to tune them out.
    OMG I hate that to
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  7. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i made 9/10

    i text while working out tho.. if i dont i end up just going threw my workout too fast and not resting enoughl..
  8. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    MODs sticky please!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. New Member
    bustmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90%

    Well said. if ur not doing all of the above ur wasting ur time.
    u know what ****s me the most when u someone doesnt see u in a while and tells u you looking good or u have packed on mass and then, wait for it------'What are u taking'. I feel like punching their lights out.
    I spend 8 to 12 hrs at the gym lifting my guts out, busting metal until I throw up, or squatting and dead lifting til I cant walk and making sure my diet and supplements are spot on day after day..........piss off.

    People have a window of opportunity when they go to the gym......make the most of it.
    And everyone knows what to do.....they choose not to do it......and then complain they dont get results.
  10. New Member
    Grimninja117's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    27.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by bustmetal View Post
    Well said. if ur not doing all of the above ur wasting ur time.
    u know what ****s me the most when u someone doesnt see u in a while and tells u you looking good or u have packed on mass and then, wait for it------'What are u taking'. I feel like punching their lights out.
    I spend 8 to 12 hrs at the gym lifting my guts out, busting metal until I throw up, or squatting and dead lifting til I cant walk and making sure my diet and supplements are spot on day after day..........piss off.

    People have a window of opportunity when they go to the gym......make the most of it.
    And everyone knows what to do.....they choose not to do it......and then complain they dont get results.
    Yea my lifting partner gets that all the time.

    His every reply is "I eat a lot".
  11. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7015
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Damn I know I wouldn't be allowed to post this at my gym because other than me and like 2 other people I have seen that actually lift...

    i would offend the other 95% of people ^.^
  12. New Member
    drivehard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    92.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    i made 9/10

    i text while working out tho.. if i dont i end up just going threw my workout too fast and not resting enoughl..
    If you can fly through your workout, and need texting to slow you down, you are NOT working hard enough!
  13. ato ucf
    Guest
    ato ucf's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimninja117 View Post
    Yea my lifting partner gets that all the time.

    His every reply is "I eat a lot".
    haha i hadnt seen my friend in about 6 or 7 months since i went off to school, he asked what i did and i told him pilates... he believed me and went to a couple sesions. i almost died when he came back and told me i was laughing so hard
  14. Advanced Member
    D3vildog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    419
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    70.58%

    I'll text sometimes, if im arguing with the woman or i just need to relax however, then no. I'd say about 40% of the time i bring my phone in to my workout. Mostly when i do just cardio and abs tho. When i lift, i normally won't bring in my ipod cause im usually the only one there.
  15. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by drivehard View Post
    If you can fly through your workout, and need texting to slow you down, you are NOT working hard enough!
    ok, if im doing a wsbb routine with a max bench of 265
    135 x 5
    170 x 3
    205 x 3
    235 x 3
    255 x 1
    270 x 1

    im suppose to just not rest in between sets??!?! i need 3-4 mins between sets 4 and 5 and 5 and 6... so what am i suppose to do stand there and stare at the weights?!? or smash my head against the wall.. i just send a couple texts and then nail my set..

    it comes down to self control... i mean tom brady has said he took a nap at halftime off his first super bowl.. was he not worried bout the game? no, thats just his way to remain in the zone.

    sending a text keeps me resting between sets and not getting distracted and having a 10 min convo with others at the gym.
  16. Senior Member
    alwaysgaining's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,300
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    50.43%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    ok, if im doing a wsbb routine with a max bench of 265
    135 x 5
    170 x 3
    205 x 3
    235 x 3
    255 x 1
    270 x 1

    im suppose to just not rest in between sets??!?! i need 3-4 mins between sets 4 and 5 and 5 and 6... so what am i suppose to do stand there and stare at the weights?!? or smash my head against the wall.. i just send a couple texts and then nail my set..

    it comes down to self control... i mean tom brady has said he took a nap at halftime off his first super bowl.. was he not worried bout the game? no, thats just his way to remain in the zone.

    sending a text keeps me resting between sets and not getting distracted and having a 10 min convo with others at the gym.
    go do diff lift
  17. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    go do diff lift
    lol lol wow r u serious?!

    so i hit 235 x 3 then i should go miltary press 135 and then go try to max out riiight cuz im sure u do that between ur max nice try tho.
  18. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    740
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    25.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    nice post royd!
  19. New Member
    Jeremy Brown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95%

    great post!! im not religious, but if i was im pretty sure id consider this to be a page out of the bible!! LOL.

    oh and brownstown - quit your f***ing b*****ing, this is supposed to be a positive and motivating thread. take your negativity elsewhere.
  20. New Member
    Grimninja117's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    27.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    i made 9/10

    i text while working out tho.. if i dont i end up just going threw my workout too fast and not resting enoughl..
    Normally you should bang out your set and have a spotter to help you with the last few, then be spotting your m8 on his set.

    Texting in the gym just doesn't seem right, but I guess it's better then those phone calls!
  21. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    great post!! im not religious, but if i was im pretty sure id consider this to be a page out of the bible!! LOL.

    oh and brownstown - quit your f***ing b*****ing, this is supposed to be a positive and motivating thread. take your negativity elsewhere.
    alright next time ur going for a max or a low rep set i want u to do a "diff lift" inbetween and tell me if u break ur personal records..

    my point is u take 3-4 min breaks between BIG lifts, why cant u send a text? i lift alone if i need a spot i go ask for one if someone needs a spot im more then willing to give one..

    so my ? remains unanswered why cant i text when i have a 3-4 minute break between max effort sets..
  22. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimninja117 View Post
    Normally you should bang out your set and have a spotter to help you with the last few, then be spotting your m8 on his set.

    Texting in the gym just doesn't seem right, but I guess it's better then those phone calls!
    like i saidi do westside workouts, i dont need to "bang out " a couple extra reps...i save it for my last rep.

    i give a spot when someone asks. no real need to neg me for it but its cool
  23. New Member
    Jeremy Brown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95%

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    alright next time ur going for a max or a low rep set i want u to do a "diff lift" inbetween and tell me if u break ur personal records..

    my point is u take 3-4 min breaks between BIG lifts, why cant u send a text? i lift alone if i need a spot i go ask for one if someone needs a spot im more then willing to give one..

    so my ? remains unanswered why cant i text when i have a 3-4 minute break between max effort sets..

    i understand the point of YOUR argument, you already stated this in your previous post and i already read it. that is your argument. apparently you did not understand the point of MY statement. it was very simple: quit B****ING. if you feel the need to, take it somewhere else.

    thanks.

    FINISHED.
  24. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    i understand the point of YOUR argument, you already stated this in your previous post and i already read it. that is your argument. apparently you did not understand the point of MY statement. it was very simple: quit B****ING. if you feel the need to, take it somewhere else.

    thanks.

    FINISHED.
    easy badass, i was just making a pont that its dumb to do a diff lift between max efforts... i had no negatvity in my first thread i just stated my opinon, that texting in between sets wont harm anyones workout as long as you have self control

    so you can stop acting like a badass

    FINISHED!!
  25. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13734
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    For real, great f-ing post man.

    Squat till you drop and do it again!

    Phone in the truck, Ipod on and I dont talk.......I work.
  26. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27399
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I workout at home. Ffuuck gyms and their pansy azz clientele!
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  27. Senior Member
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    is it ok too talk b4 u lift? i do that alot while gettin changed and stetching but after its all buisness
  28. Advanced Member
    BoyFromAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    429
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    47.6%

    we all know those things already.. but from time to time, some of us overlook it or forget it..
  29. New Member
    Jeremy Brown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95%

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    easy badass, i was just making a pont that its dumb to do a diff lift between max efforts... i had no negatvity in my first thread i just stated my opinon, that texting in between sets wont harm anyones workout as long as you have self control

    so you can stop acting like a badass

    FINISHED!!

    i was in no way trying to act like a badass. i was being blunt and to the point in an attempt to discontinue the pointless rant that you and the other poster had already began. i ended my post with FINISHED in the hopes that you would take the hint and just drop the matter, unfortunately it seems as though youre a little slow on the up-take... so perhaps ill just use a shorter more easily comprehendable term:

    END.
  30. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27399
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Oh yeah!

    I just wanna pick up where previous posters left it and say ...

    FINITO!
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  31. Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,381
    Rep Power
    851638
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    75.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Geeez most reps I've ever gotten from 1 post ever. And I didnt even write it! I'll tell Zach you guys thank him.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  32. New Member
    bustmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90%

    do u think it is acceptable that u lift, while texting and emailing and on a phone call with the ipod pumping while typing in the anabolicminds forum, and having a coversation with ur gym mate, while drinking BCAA.....i am exhausted just typing this....lol
  33. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1237
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    9.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Love it,.. good posting Royd!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  34. Advanced Member
    Liquid13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    492
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    67.29%

    OOOoooohhhhh, "FINISHED".
  35. New Member
    Sinon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    181
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    69.39%

    I text in between lifts. I try to keep a good balance of working out and talking to women/ lookin at the clock, usually no more than a min rest. Minute and a half maybe
  36. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

    Wink


    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    is it ok too talk b4 u lift? i do that alot while gettin changed and stetching but after its all buisness
    No. Talking is catabolic and increases estrogen. Real men only grunt.
  37. New Member
    Flyers2385's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    20.41%

    I work on my novel in between sets on my blackberry. That way everyone sees that I'm writing in public and I know I can go home and read about it on AM. Then I pick up my 100 lb dbs and continue my incline press. :-)
  38. New Member
    j rad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    95.97%

    I have an iphone and nothing pisses me off more than when i get a text at the gym because i have to check it or itll keep alerting me. God damn smartphone, trying to ruin my workout. Its straight though, I just press the button and keep going, the only thing i wanna hear when I lift is some Slayer, and the sound of weights hitting the floor/rack/eachother.
  39. New Member
    Grimninja117's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    27.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    No. Talking is catabolic and increases estrogen. Real men only grunt.
    hahahaha
  40. New Member
    Illgetthatbig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    76
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    65%

    God bless the truth! Death metal really ramps me up!

    LIGHTWEIGHT!!! haha
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 27 Reasons to Be Big!
    By Newtonselite in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 12:28 AM
  2. Top 10 reasons you fail at the gym
    By elgenyo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 10:11 AM
  3. What PH/DS should i take for my reasons?
    By rocky025 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 09:29 AM
  4. The Reasons To Train.
    By Thomas Tank in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 07:22 PM
  5. 27 reasons to be big
    By glenihan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in