New idea, Leg day ONLY for plateaus

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok im very bottom heavy. I have a huge ass, big waist, big hips, and very large calves for my upper body. My thighs are pretty big too compared to a lot of parts of my upper body.

heres what im thinking. They advise you to take androgens when your at a plateau. I guess the thoery is you will get more out of them in the long run if you wait till you hit a plateau. Not necessarily a permanent one but a temporary plateau youve hit.

Since leg day stimulates lots of hormones like a cycle would and i can afford to barely work my legs I was thinking that what i can do is just work my upper body with a 2 day split for 2 to 3 weeks with no leg day. This will allow my body to recover easier because my nervous system won't have to worry about legs being worked. Then when i hit a plateau after 2 or 3 weeks of only working my upper body then i throw in leg day for a 3 day split for 2 to 4 weeks so i can spur new growth, LIKE AS IF I WAS ON ANDROGENS IN A SENSE.

What do you guys think???? What about during a cycle????

Remember i can afford to not work my legs AT ALL for at least a 10 lb gain in upper body if not 20 lbs so my main concern is allowing my upper body to get maximum recovery and stimulation.

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If your upper body really lacks behind your lower body in developement I think that sounds like a great plan. The only thing i would consider doing is still doing legs but going very light as to help maintain and ease the transition back into doing legs again. Such a plan could really help even you out. Good luck.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man for the ideas.

I think if im only gonna take 2 to 3 weeks off without working my legs it won't be enough to cause a problem for when i get back on since i hear it takes 3 weeks of not working them for muscle to shrink.

Im probably gonna go 3 weeks unless i seriously plateau early with my arms since ive been squatting heavy for a few months with hardly any time off and my knees have been begging for a lot of rest anyways. Thats sort of what led me to come up with this idea. Squat anabolic cycling ill call it. Heheh

I know that after a cycle for at least 2 or 3 weeks ill need to work legs to get my test production up fast. In fact i think working my legs heavy has hurt my upper body because its putting a lot of stress on my body and my upper body can't recover well enough. I believe a lot of it is also because i carry more weight in my lower body then most do and hence i put a lot more stress on it and hence my upper body gets more of the brunt. I figure only when my upper body plateaus should i throw in the leg workouts like you would with androgens to break a plateau.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ALso im kind of curious to know is how long is a muscle really hypertrophing??? I mean protein synthesis is for only 24 to 36 hours so aftre that for the next day or 2 is just repairing and not getting bigger????

Just curious to know because i know for example when doing leg workout my body will still be "recovering" from the chest workout and will be putting on stress for my back workout in the next 2 days,