Asss pain/discomfort from heavy deadlifts and squats

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
A lot of times when I do heavy dead lifts or squats I get some discomfort in my butt. I'm not talking about the gluts but the actual poop hole. It usually kicks in after the work out, sometimes I think it could be related to hemorrhoids or something of that nature. It usually happens about once a month or every 2 months but I dont want it to injure my pooper so im getting a little concerned since it happened again a few days ago after dead lifts.

What should I do? Should I stop lifting heavy squats and dead's altogether?

Also are there any supplements that can help with this, anything that can help prevent hemorrhoids or strengthen the pooper?

jpk

jpk

Awards
Maybe when you pass out drunk at your friends house at a party, there's some extracurricular activity going on. You're not in prison are you?

JK bro, you're post is kinda entertaining!

usmc21

Awards
Maybe when you pass out drunk at your friends house at a party, there's some extracurricular activity going on. You're not in prison are you?

JK bro, you're post is kinda entertaining!
hahaha lol funny ass post

jpk

jpk

Awards
OK, OK

1. Check blood pressure. Heavy lifting spikes BP which can damage the arterial walls.
2. Get checked for lower GI issues like Crohn's disease or IBS.
3. Make sure you're not holding your breath with exertion.
4. Get your blood work done. Have your "inflammatory mediators" checked out.
5. Suck up your pride and fear and go consult with a proctologist. They're gonna be your best resource and they won't give you $hit like we will.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you do have hemmoroids then using preperation H when it hurts should give really quick relief. I know they have a surgery for it but that would be pretty drastic.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
5. Suck up your pride and fear and go consult with a proctologist. They're gonna be your best resource and they won't give you $hit like we will.
there's your answer right there.......if your lucky the doc might even buy you dinner. there's two kinds of hemorrhoids, inner and outer. pretty much self explanatory there, inner you won't feel come out and well.....you know the rest

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
could you be over exerting and a possible prolapse??????? its some crazy stuff

goto the doctor

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
OK, OK

1. Check blood pressure. Heavy lifting spikes BP which can damage the arterial walls.
2. Get checked for lower GI issues like Crohn's disease or IBS.
3. Make sure you're not holding your breath with exertion.
4. Get your blood work done. Have your "inflammatory mediators" checked out.
I should go see a procto if this continues but ill probably leave it for last resort.

If you do have hemmoroids then using preperation H when it hurts should give really quick relief. I know they have a surgery for it but that would be pretty drastic.
Ill look into it, ive heard a lot about prep H but didn't know it can also be used for relief of hemorrhage.

could you be over exerting and a possible prolapse??????? its some crazy stuff

goto the doctor
no prolapse, thank god. Maybe some inner hemorrhoids.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
IBS and Crones disease have no definitive test to confirm.. and the known treatment is bowel resection.. bad idea imho

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Read up on those inner hemorrhoids you mentioned, might be the thing, and I have heard of this condition before, not just lifters, but people who over exert and strain.