looking for a great stretch routine

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.83%

looking for a great stretch routine

hey guys im looking for a great stretch routine to do on my off day. i remember last time i bulked up it was limiting my movements and was getting injured allot, so this time i want to make sure i dedicate a hole day to just stretching. anyways you guys have any routines i can follow? is yoga something i should be looking into doing that day or is regular stretching what im looking for? thanks for the help guys.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TheDiesel85 View Post
    hey guys im looking for a great stretch routine to do on my off day. i remember last time i bulked up it was limiting my movements and was getting injured allot, so this time i want to make sure i dedicate a hole day to just stretching. anyways you guys have any routines i can follow? is yoga something i should be looking into doing that day or is regular stretching what im looking for? thanks for the help guys.
    You could try yoga or pilates or a stretch class type thing.

Otherwise, just select a stretch for each body-part and do 2 reps each, holding the stretch for 20-30 seconds. For tighter/less flexible body-parts, do 1-2 exercises/more sets. Start from feet up, finishing with a neck stretch. Stretching sessions should only take ~20 minutes.

Your muscle should be warm before stretching; otherwise you risk damaging ligaments and tendons.

However, instead of devoting a whole day to stretching, why not do 5-10 minutes stretching after your resistance sessions (or that night after a hot shower) or the specific body-part that you worked. You would actually get a lot more benefit re flexibility and decreasing risk of injury out of that than stretching only once a week. Stretching daily is a good habit to get into.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.83%

yes i stretch the muscles i work out before i work them out i just also wanted a dedicated day of stretching to go along with that.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

yes i stretch the muscles i work out before i work them out i just also wanted a dedicated day of stretching to go along with that.
    You're better off stretching AFTER your session (or between sets), since stretching cold muscles increases the risk of tendon/ligament damage. When your muscle are warm they have more elasticity.

Otherwise, an hour tops would be fine on any given day as a separate stretching session (a class would probably be good).

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.83%

what do you mean by warm? so lift first? or lift really light weight then stretch?
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

what do you mean by warm? so lift first? or lift really light weight then stretch?
    You don't want to stretch cold muscles. Wait until you've done a few sets, and then do it between sets, if you want; but I wouldn't recommend BEFORE training (unless you'd done cardio or a warm-up first). The best time to stretch is AFTER training, when you'll get the most benefit out of it.

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.83%

thanks for the help.
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

thanks for the help.
    No worries

Similar Forum Threads

1. P90X guy = douche...I need a new stretch routine...
    By waynaferd in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 05:09 PM
  2. Does anyone have a good stretch routine??
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 03:01 PM
  3. Man this guy has a great routine to learn how to fight
    By Irish480 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 03:00 PM
  4. A Great back routine
    By BigVrunga in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 12:54 AM
  5. To Stretch or Not to Stretch You be the Judge