Calve Issues

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

Unhappy Calve Issues

Ok, so there is that area between your calve and you ankle where there is not hardly any muscle... Is there anything to try to gain a little size there!! Issue I have is I was born with bi-lateral club feet, "they turned backwards", and my last operation was when I was 13 "25 now" but was casted up to my knees on both legs. But that area is QUITE small. I'm starting to get some growth in my calves, but I dont want to get them unproportioned. So small I can almost touch my fingers, last year I could. Any ideas??

See What I Mean!!!!
    Name:  0428091551.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  150.6 KB

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

mine are the same way its called high calves i guess? lol dont worry about it i mean if ur trying to bodybuild then it sucks but i just lift for the overall getting big and powerlifting... so whenever someone tells me i have small calves i tell em i deadlift 425 and i prolly weigh a good 30 pounds less then them
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

Ya true true... It just sucks I cant sculpt everywhere else, but I have goofy looking legs!!
    •   

4. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.59%

You're my height and I have the opposite problem, I want to lose leg muscle especially around the calves.

For your situation I would suggest when lifting any sort of weight you need to use your calves to lift it. Hard to explain that. If I am doing shrugs then I will use my calves to get the weight up and when doing the last reps use my calves to help lifting the weight. Basically any lift do it while flexing the calves. Doesn't look like your using much leg muscle to lift weights. Do calve raises and stretch those calves everyday. Do that for a month(with obvious diet) and you should see results.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    You're my height and I have the opposite problem, I want to lose leg muscle especially around the calves.

For your situation I would suggest when lifting any sort of weight you need to use your calves to lift it. Hard to explain that. If I am doing shrugs then I will use my calves to get the weight up and when doing the last reps use my calves to help lifting the weight. Basically any lift do it while flexing the calves. Doesn't look like your using much leg muscle to lift weights. Do calve raises and stretch those calves everyday. Do that for a month(with obvious diet) and you should see results.
    Will give that a shot. I have beat the hell out of them 2x a week for that last year! Little improvement, just not any between the calve and the ankle.. I will try that with lifting weights tho! Thanks
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Directly work the soleus with bent knee (seated) calf raises to take the emphasis off the gastroc.

Work the great toe flexors with "toes in" raises. Work the fibular group with toes out positioning.

Keywords for more specific biomechanics could include:
    Gastroc
    Soleus
    Peroneals (fibular group)
    Flexor Hallucis Longus

It's tough to build up an injury (or malformation in your case) to the point where it becomes a strong point. You'll have to find the balance between working it hard enough to make it grow and giving it enough rest so as not to instigate a repetitive stress injury.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Directly work the soleus with bent knee (seated) calf raises to take the emphasis off the gastroc.

Work the great toe flexors with "toes in" raises. Work the fibular group with toes out positioning.

Keywords for more specific biomechanics could include:
    Gastroc
    Soleus
    Peroneals (fibular group)
    Flexor Hallucis Longus

It's tough to build up an injury (or malformation in your case) to the point where it becomes a strong point. You'll have to find the balance between working it hard enough to make it grow and giving it enough rest so as not to instigate a repetitive stress injury.
    Thanks man, good info!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
  2. calve excercises
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 01:43 PM
  3. Help With Calve Injections
    By Wonderman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 05:42 PM