3m

??

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

Buy sleeves unless you are a competitive powerlifter.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    Buy sleeves unless you are a competitive powerlifter.
    not true. You can use wraps too. Depends on what you are trying to get out of them. What purpose are these going to serve?
    SFW and GFH
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    not true. You can use wraps too. Depends on what you are trying to get out of them. What purpose are these going to serve?
    Why, knee wraps that are made today are powerlifting equipment more than they are any kind of safety mechanism.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

Why, knee wraps that are made today are powerlifting equipment more than they are any kind of safety mechanism.
    It is true that they are powerlifting but they also provide support to an extent. It all depends on what they are being used for and how tight they are wrapped. I have a pair of Tommy Kono's knee bands and Inzer's knee sleeves. I do recommend them both. I am a raw powerlifter so I do not use wraps but I feel that they are a tool just like any other kind of gear and have their downsides as well as their ups. What are you using them for?
    SFW and GFH
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

It is true that they are powerlifting but they also provide support to an extent. It all depends on what they are being used for and how tight they are wrapped. I have a pair of Tommy Kono's knee bands and Inzer's knee sleeves. I do recommend them both. I am a raw powerlifter so I do not use wraps but I feel that they are a tool just like any other kind of gear and have their downsides as well as their ups. What are you using them for?

I have only used them before i competed. I honestly don't know anyone that uses wraps until they are fully geared up. I have watched John Bernor go into the 700's raw and beltless without wraps. I also work out in a very famous bodybuilding gym and have yet to see anyone wear wraps their. Honestly the only people i ever really have ever seen wear them are 20 year old kids squatting 225 with insande knee flare. The Konos are good for keeping the area warm, but i still don't think they provide any real safety .
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

I dont think you will find a product that does offer safety. Once again when to use wraps is all up to personal preference as well. There is no golden rule when to wear them. I use my TK bands all the time to keep my knees warm but I switch to my inzers above 3 plates because I like the stiffness. Granted that wraps are more geared towards powerlifting and not bodybuilding they still can serve a purpose there. I lift with the Penn STate powerlifting team and most people wrap up around 80% of their max despite having a suit on or not. It is just personal preference. I also like to squat with wrist wraps because I have issues holding the bar some days.
    SFW and GFH
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

I dont think you will find a product that does offer safety. Once again when to use wraps is all up to personal preference as well. There is no golden rule when to wear them. I use my TK bands all the time to keep my knees warm but I switch to my inzers above 3 plates because I like the stiffness. Granted that wraps are more geared towards powerlifting and not bodybuilding they still can serve a purpose there. I lift with the Penn STate powerlifting team and most people wrap up around 80% of their max despite having a suit on or not. It is just personal preference. I also like to squat with wrist wraps because I have issues holding the bar some days.
    I know different powerlifters all have different styles as to what goes on when. I just think that most gym goers are looking for something out of wraps that they are not going to get, and would be better served learning to squat without the insane knee flare. Just my opinion though, you guys i assume are USAPL? I like it up thier, i will be up in the area fly fishing at the end of May.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

I know different powerlifters all have different styles as to what goes on when. I just think that most gym goers are looking for something out of wraps that they are not going to get, and would be better served learning to squat without the insane knee flare. Just my opinion though, you guys i assume are USAPL? I like it up thier, i will be up in the area fly fishing at the end of May.
    yeah we are USAPL. Where do you plan to fish? I agree that wraps nor sleeves are any fix to bad technique. In fact technique should be the first thing to master before any kind of weight is added to the bar then 300 lbs later look into wraps.
    SFW and GFH
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

yeah we are USAPL. Where do you plan to fish? I agree that wraps nor sleeves are any fix to bad technique. In fact technique should be the first thing to master before any kind of weight is added to the bar then 300 lbs later look into wraps.
    lol, yeah, Spring Creek in Bellefonte.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

lol, yeah, Spring Creek in Bellefonte.
    Nice. I grew up and went to high school in Bellefonte. That is right in my backyard.
    SFW and GFH
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

Nice. I grew up and went to high school in Bellefonte. That is right in my backyard.

I was very upset when the bush house burned down. It was a room for 50 bucks, lol. Last time i went up their i was confronted by a group of guys who wanted to talk powerlifting as i was grabbing a burger. I was wearing an inzer T shirt.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

I was very upset when the bush house burned down. It was a room for 50 bucks, lol. Last time i went up their i was confronted by a group of guys who wanted to talk powerlifting as i was grabbing a burger. I was wearing an inzer T shirt.
    Yeah a lot of people were. I got to lift with 2 people on the Worlds team at the Bellefonte YMCA over the summer. They were pretty cool. There are a lot of little bed and breakfasts that Im sure you could find a good deal in. May 1st there is a renegade kettlebell class up in state college if you are interested or will be around at the time. The cost is canned food for the food bank.
    SFW and GFH
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

Yeah a lot of people were. I got to lift with 2 people on the Worlds team at the Bellefonte YMCA over the summer. They were pretty cool. There are a lot of little bed and breakfasts that Im sure you could find a good deal in. May 1st there is a renegade kettlebell class up in state college if you are interested or will be around at the time. The cost is canned food for the food bank.
    Do you fish, or train around bellefonte when school is out?
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

Do you fish, or train around bellefonte when school is out?
    yeah. I live in Zion (right outside of town) and will be there for 2 weeks in May before I move out to pitt for the summer for an internship.
    SFW and GFH
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

yeah. I live in Zion (right outside of town) and will be there for 2 weeks in May before I move out to pitt for the summer for an internship.
    Dates?
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.71%

more support when i get to the last 2 sets of hacks, squats, etc
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

how much are you squattin? I would get some inzer knee sleeves. They are a little bit more expensive but I like em.
    SFW and GFH

Similar Forum Threads

1. wrap reccomendations
    By lciaccio in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
  2. To wrap or not to wrap
    By jon1026 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 02:55 PM
  3. To wrap or not to wrap
    By jon1026 in forum Training Forum