Questions on supersets and other forms of lifting

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16%

Questions on supersets and other forms of lifting

i have been working a training program mainly 8x3 for my sets in just about every work out im and i have done supersets in the past was just wondering if anyone has any info on how supersets work the muscle. Im looking for a new way of training to continue growing. sticking between 8 and 10 reps is getting old and i seem to be stuck on certain weights and seemingly in size.
    Im a noob on specialized or different techniques. been lifting for years though but never knew many different forms of training i either went with 5x5, 8-10x3 thanx

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

well, supersets are a great way of releasing higher levels of GH. this is great if you're an ecto trying to put on size, or anyone trying to loose fat. GH levels return to normal after fast digesting carbs are consumed, so diet is very important in relation to GH levels. if you're going for all out strength, this isn't the best program.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.35%

when i was stuck on a plataeu for arms, every few weeks i would shock the muscle by doing a heavy set of 8 or 10 then strip 30 pounds off and go to failure on every set. it not dropset but kind of a preexhaust workout. Got a sick pump too. it really kickstarted sum growth and helped me bust thru the plataeu. i wouldnt suggest it every week just every few for a nice blast.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

breaking plateau's can sometimes be as easy as switching to compound movements first, compound movements last, dropsets, or training to failure like rah2591 suggested. you just have to make your body do something it hasn't done in awhile. personally, i like to switch the order of my compound movements - instead of using it to start my workout, i use it as a finishing move to make sure each muscle group is dead, though dropsets have also helped me a bundle in the past.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16%

thanx for the info where im really stuck is my bench its weird cause im showing progess in my isolate tri workouts and stricly pec workouts. My bi's seem stuck also but my compound bi and back workouts are going up. Any more advice would be greatly apreaciated. im Going change the order of my compound workouts to break through these plateau's. So are supersets a good way to break through plateaus and if so how often and how much should i do them thanks guys
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.35%

try giving back and bis there own seperate days. or combining bis and tris. I personally like 5 days a week so i can hit each body part throughly and dont feel rushed. as far as increasing bench heavy negatives really helped up my numbers on bench. Get a good spotter and put 30 lbs over your max on the bar and fight it all the way down then push with everything you got and let the spotter lift it. I have done this in the past and the next week put up my old max like it was nothing
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Rah22491 View Post
    when i was stuck on a plataeu for arms, every few weeks i would shock the muscle by doing a heavy set of 8 or 10 then strip 30 pounds off and go to failure on every set. it not dropset but kind of a preexhaust workout. Got a sick pump too. it really kickstarted sum growth and helped me bust thru the plataeu. i wouldnt suggest it every week just every few for a nice blast.
    Isnt that the definition of a dropset? if not let me know what is.

Similar Forum Threads

1. power lifting questions!
    By maddog28 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Supersets
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 06:58 AM
  3. Questions on how to start lifting equipped...
    By Big Drez in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 07:59 PM
  4. new workout with supersets
    By hounded66 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM