My Quest for Big Legs

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I am going to create a log to in order to do what ever must be done to get my legs growing. I hate the excuse of genetics. I do not want to take any short cuts. I will be posting pictures of my progress. My upper body is pretty decent but my lower body is aweful. I have tiny ankles which make my legs look that much smaller.

I am around 190-195lbs at 6,1 and 1/2 inch. I would guess im about 12 % body fat maybe a bit more.

Rough Measurements (relaxed)
Neck:16 1/2 inches
Arms: 16 1/2 inches
Forearms: 12 inches
Chest: 42 inches
Thighs: 24 inches
calves: 14 1/2 inches
waist: 32 inches

I will be working thighs and hams twice a week and calves about 3 times a week, doing chest, back, shoulders and arms between each leg work out. Weights will increase as time goes on and will post the weight I lifted after each work out.

Example of Leg Work Out (light weight)#1 All exercises are back to back exercises with about a minute and a half rest in between each set.

1st Super Setx3 :
15x wide leg press
1 minute of wall sits

2nd Super Setx3:
15x leg extensions
15x leg curls
30 body weight lunges (15 each leg)
Alternating one leg wall sit for 1 minute

3rd Super Setx2:
24 body weighted squats
24 plyometric jumps
24 alternating lunges (12 each leg)

Leg Work out Day 2 (heavy weights):
5-6 sets of squats (do warm up of 15 reps light weight gradually increasing weight)
4 sets of deadlifts
4 sets of leg curls
4 sets of leg extensions
high intensity cardio for 15 mins after weight lifting

Calve work outs I will do after upper body work outs

Calve Work Out:
Standing Smith Machine Calve raises x4 til exhaustion
Leg Press Calve Raises x4 til exhausted
Sitting Calve Raises x4 til exhausted
Tibia extensions x4 til exhausted

My diet will basically be a clean bulk. Not counting calories but will be eating nothing but oats, whole wheat bread, ground beef, chicken breast, and brown rice. I will be trying to consume about 3,500 calories a day eating around 300 grams of protein. I will be posting pictures as soon as I can get my girlfriends camera. I would appreciate feed back and critiquing of my work outs and whatever else you think will help me achieve my goal. I have no set time limit but I would like to see some growth within the next 3 months.

pvtpARTS

pvtpARTS

Awards
I am going to create a log to in order to do what ever must be done to get my legs growing. I hate the excuse of genetics. I do not want to take any short cuts. I will be posting pictures of my progress. My upper body is pretty decent but my lower body is aweful. I have tiny ankles which make my legs look that much smaller.

I am around 190-195lbs at 6,1 and 1/2 inch. I would guess im about 12 % body fat maybe a bit more.

Rough Measurements (relaxed)
Neck:16 1/2 inches
Arms: 16 1/2 inches
Forearms: 12 inches
Chest: 42 inches
Thighs: 24 inches
calves: 14 1/2 inches
waist: 32 inches

I will be working thighs and hams twice a week and calves about 3 times a week, doing chest, back, shoulders and arms between each leg work out. Weights will increase as time goes on and will post the weight I lifted after each work out.

Example of Leg Work Out (light weight)#1 All exercises are back to back exercises with about a minute and a half rest in between each set.

1st Super Setx3 :
15x wide leg press
1 minute of wall sits

2nd Super Setx3:
15x leg extensions
15x leg curls
30 body weight lunges (15 each leg)
Alternating one leg wall sit for 1 minute

3rd Super Setx2:
24 body weighted squats
24 plyometric jumps
24 alternating lunges (12 each leg)

Leg Work out Day 2 (heavy weights):
5-6 sets of squats (do warm up of 15 reps light weight gradually increasing weight)
4 sets of deadlifts
4 sets of leg curls
4 sets of leg extensions
high intensity cardio for 15 mins after weight lifting

Calve work outs I will do after upper body work outs

Calve Work Out:
Standing Smith Machine Calve raises x4 til exhaustion
Leg Press Calve Raises x4 til exhausted
Sitting Calve Raises x4 til exhausted
Tibia extensions x4 til exhausted

My diet will basically be a clean bulk. Not counting calories but will be eating nothing but oats, whole wheat bread, ground beef, chicken breast, and brown rice. I will be trying to consume about 3,500 calories a day eating around 300 grams of protein. I will be posting pictures as soon as I can get my girlfriends camera. I would appreciate feed back and critiquing of my work outs and whatever else you think will help me achieve my goal. I have no set time limit but I would like to see some growth within the next 3 months.
My suggestion to you is to make sure your goin ALL THE WAY DOWN on your squats first and foremost. No sissy a** half knee bends with way too much weight. Also i would suggest front squats, stiff leg deadlifts and leg presses in your heavy day, if you can handle it. For now i would concentrate on solid compound movements like the ones listed and just leave out leg extenstions for now ( however I WOULD use a few light sets before squatting to warm up the knees!) Remember that heavy, compound exercises ALWAYS build the most mass and will help you retain it for much longer as well. I wouldn't necessarily do a " light " day either. Big legs are always built with squats, I don't care what anyone else says. Oh and are you takin any supps? CEE or mono is a must along with some good BCAA's too. Good luck bro!!

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
My suggestion to you is to make sure your goin ALL THE WAY DOWN on your squats first and foremost. No sissy a** half knee bends with way too much weight. Also i would suggest front squats, stiff leg deadlifts and leg presses in your heavy day, if you can handle it. For now i would concentrate on solid compound movements like the ones listed and just leave out leg extenstions for now ( however I WOULD use a few light sets before squatting to warm up the knees!) Remember that heavy, compound exercises ALWAYS build the most mass and will help you retain it for much longer as well. I wouldn't necessarily do a " light " day either. Big legs are always built with squats, I don't care what anyone else says. Oh and are you takin any supps? CEE or mono is a must along with some good BCAA's too. Good luck bro!!
Thanks for the encouragement! What's funny is that people always comment on how low my squats are. I always keep my a$$ to the grass. Because my squats are so low it is hard for me to go very heavy. Should I stop going very low in order to add more weight or should I just be patient and just add less weight in order to keep good form and gradually increase weight over a longer amount of time? Also, the light work out above seems to be a good, high intense cardio exercise as well and good weight lifting. I get more sore from this day than my heavy day. Should I still stop this light work out or could I continue doing it by doing less reps and more weight?

I did calves and decent back work out today. I will be doing my heavy leg work out tomorrow.
I will try my hardest to get some pics up in the next couple of days.

Supplements:
4 caps of fish oils spread through out the day
ZMA before bed
Novadex XT before bed
Kre Alkalyn in the AM and before work out(may switch to neovar wants caps run out)
Jack3d pre work out (I may switch to RPM once tub runs out)
I am thinking about getting some Powerfull in order to get some better sleep and some beta alanine to add to the jack3d.

pvtpARTS

pvtpARTS

Awards
Well ya know what they say, what works for one guy may not work for the next and vise versa... I hear ya i always get s!@# from people on my a## to grass squats as well but dont listen to em, half the battle is havin the balls to go that low with a respectable weight in the first place and the powerin that mutha f**** back up! Saty with a weight that is tough for 6-10 reps, all the way down and your legs HAFTA grow, as long as you keep eatin right and get enough sleep. But hey if the light day is gettin that lower section sore keep at it, it just takes a little patience and grit. Just make sure to carb up really well before that heavy day and be fully rested for the punishment. as you probably know, leg training is the most strenuous of all workouts and you need to be tuned in 100% mentally and physically for it to be a success. If you can throw some a** to grass hack squats in somewhere, theyre brutal if done right. oh and i see that youre thinkin about powerfull by usp labs? personally i've had no luck with that product as well as anabolic pump, not sure what to think about them exactly... keep me updated!!

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I took powerfull along time ago and loved the effect it gave me on my sleep because lately my sleep has been inturrupted so I may get a bottle. I was thinking about using reversitol for sh1ts and giggles once im done with the novadex xt. but not sure yet.

A look at what my pre work out meal. It will be approx 1-1 and a half before work out:
1 and a half cups skim milk, 3 scoops of raw oats, half scoop of vitamin shoppe brand protein, half cup of fat free yogurt, banana, strawberries, and walnuts.

Or, 2 cups of brown rice or wheat pasta with either 4 oz ground beef or chicken

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Ok here was my work out for my legs today

Took two and a half scoops of jacked and 2 caps of kre alkalyn pre work out.

Low Squats:
1st Set:15x 145
2nd set: 9x 225
3rd set: 5x 275
4th set: 295x 3
5th set: 245x 10

4 sets of 32 body weighted lunges (16 each leg)

Stiff Leg Deads
1st set: 12 x 135
2nd set: 10x 185
3rd set: 9x 205
2th set: 10x 205

superset of leg extensions and leg curls
Leg extensions
Set 1: 110x 15
Set 2: 125x 15
Set 3: 125x 12

Leg Curls:
Set 1: 70x 15
Set 2: 75x 12
set 3: 90x 10

24 high plyo jumps

15 minutes bide ride.

Work out was grueling took about 2-3 minutes in between each set of squat,lunges and deads. Nearly through up a few times. I decided to do the curls and extensions because I needed to feel that good burn. I drank a mass recovery drink by ABB immediately after and am now eating 4-5 grams of ground beef about 50 mins after work out. Any comments? Pictures will be up soon. I also noticed I am seeing a little more size in my quads, Hamstrings are definitely my weak point.

pvtpARTS

pvtpARTS

Awards
Wow that sounds like a f'n killer bro..Good effort! Oh btw how long you been trainin consistently, just curious. If that w.o is bringin the quads up, more power to ya. Make sure to get some variation every week or two, so you keep your muscles guessing. If your goin a** to ankles on your squats, those hams have gotta come around sooner or later... Personally I dont go as heavy as 295, my max is around 250 approx. w/ acceptable form. If your familiar with Daunte Culpepper, the quarterback ( tiny hands, we called em up her in sota' ) he had a nasty knee injury about 3-4 years ago and he never was the same. Funny I suffered almost the same one about 4 years ago, needless to say I cant go as heavy as I would like....My knee sounds like poppin firecrackers when i'm squattin haha. Anyway, good job and keep givin it 110 % every day, and try and throw some heavy a** leg presses and hacks if ya can..Keep me posted!

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Wow that sounds like a f'n killer bro..Good effort! Oh btw how long you been trainin consistently, just curious. If that w.o is bringin the quads up, more power to ya. Make sure to get some variation every week or two, so you keep your muscles guessing. If your goin a** to ankles on your squats, those hams have gotta come around sooner or later... Personally I dont go as heavy as 295, my max is around 250 approx. w/ acceptable form. If your familiar with Daunte Culpepper, the quarterback ( tiny hands, we called em up her in sota' ) he had a nasty knee injury about 3-4 years ago and he never was the same. Funny I suffered almost the same one about 4 years ago, needless to say I cant go as heavy as I would like....My knee sounds like poppin firecrackers when i'm squattin haha. Anyway, good job and keep givin it 110 % every day, and try and throw some heavy a** leg presses and hacks if ya can..Keep me posted!
I have been working out for about 5 years but not seriously until the past two. I am creating this log to push myself to the next level of fitness. I honestly jusr want to be a beast. i will take your adivce with the heavy squats and just load up the leg presses instead of the squat rack. I will definitely try to mix things up because I am always prone to falling into routines and getting comfortable. I will be keeping track of my upper body work outs on here to but my number one priority is legs. Thanks alot for the amount of concern to my problem.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I am going to have my women take real pictures of my body next time she can because I dont have a camera but until then I am going to post a pic that give you an idea what I am working with.

Pretty built up top but sticks on the bottom

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
One thing I would do if you are serious about building huge legs is to drop the volume and focus on heavier weights each workout.

Just my opinion but I would have done you workout like this-

Glute Ham Raise- 3 x 8-12

Squats- 2 x 6-8, 1 x 10-15

Stretch-Done

Next workout-

SLDL- 2 x 8-12

Leg Press- 3 x 8-12

Walking Lunges- 1 x 10-15 steps/leg

Stretch-Done

If you are still doing plyojumps and cardio postworkout you aren't pushing that hard in the gym. Nothing wrong w/ plyojumps but they're more for building explosiveness and athleticism, not huge legs. Some low intensity cardio wouldn't be bad postworkout but it should be a bitch to even walk after your done lifting, let alone pedal a bike for a prolonged period of time.

This is all just my opinion though man. I'm no expert so take it for what it's worth. It takes balls to go after big legs if you don't have the genetics for them and actually get them. Good luck!

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
One thing I would do if you are serious about building huge legs is to drop the volume and focus on heavier weights each workout.

Just my opinion but I would have done you workout like this-

Glute Ham Raise- 3 x 8-12

Squats- 2 x 6-8, 1 x 10-15

Stretch-Done

Next workout-

SLDL- 2 x 8-12

Leg Press- 3 x 8-12

Walking Lunges- 1 x 10-15 steps/leg

Stretch-Done

If you are still doing plyojumps and cardio postworkout you aren't pushing that hard in the gym. Nothing wrong w/ plyojumps but they're more for building explosiveness and athleticism, not huge legs. Some low intensity cardio wouldn't be bad postworkout but it should be a bitch to even walk after your done lifting, let alone pedal a bike for a prolonged period of time.

This is all just my opinion though man. I'm no expert so take it for what it's worth. It takes balls to go after big legs if you don't have the genetics for them and actually get them. Good luck!
I appreciate what you are saying man. I have done hardcore olympic lifting training when I was in power lifting through out high school. All they emphasized was heavy heavy lifting you know squats, power cleans, dead lifts but my legs still never grew. I have been noticing the most growth as of recent doing high intensity, high rep leg work outs. By the time I am done doing my work outs I am laying on the locker room floor trying to keep myself from throwing up. I am definitely going to be going heavier on my work outs but I still take enough time between sets to finish with plyo jumps and such. These are the variations in my work outs that really get me sore.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/youseon/cellphonepics009.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://images-cdn.anabolicminds.com/image404.jpg

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
your legs are smaller in relation to your upper body. they're not chicken legs though, so that's a good thing.

i would consider doing a strength program 6-8 heavy reps, followed by a 20 rep squat set, which if done with enough weights will make you breathless. also, SLDL are great for hamstrings.

i can totally see your ecto calves - ones that have spent a decade carrying minimal weight - that's the only body part i can't grow. i wish i had some great advice for calves, but i'm in the same boat as you...

bump for anyone who's overcome this?

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
your legs are smaller in relation to your upper body. they're not chicken legs though, so that's a good thing

i would consider doing a strength program 6-8 heavy reps, followed by a 20 rep squat set, which if done with enough weights will make you breathless. also, SLDL are great for hamstrings.

i can totally see your ecto calves - ones that have spent a decade carrying minimal weight - that's the only body part i can't grow. i wish i had some great advice for calves, but i'm in the same boat as you...

Yeah for the next few weeks I am going to be playing around with different exercises and number of reps to hopefully find a sweet spot. Whats crazy is, my calves right now are the biggest they have ever been, about a month ago there was absolutely no definition or muscle (not that there is much but any progress I make will be noted) thanks for advice guys

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Can I do DC leg training just for my quads and hams and just do a conventional weight lifting regimen for the rest of my body including calves? I cant imagine my calves growing from just one exercise every time I do them

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
A couple things Id like to add. Within the past 2 months of me having a very consistent leg work out I have noticed tremendous strength gain in my chest and back.

Before I was able to only rep out 225 6 times but now can get about 12 reps. I have been benching 275 around 4 times where previously, I couldnt even bench that much.

I hit the calves today and actually noticed a pump in my calves ha.
Smith machine standing calve raises
Set 1: 135 lbs til failure
Set 2: 185 lbs til failure
Set 3: 195 til failure
set 4: 195 lbs til faiure

Tibia extension machine:
Set 1: 70 lbs til failure
Set 2: 90 lbs til failure
Set 3: 100 lbs til failure

Sitting Calf Rotator Machine
Set 1: 130 lbs til failure
Set 2: 190 lbs til failure
Set 3L 210 lbs til failure
Set 4: 210 lbs til failure

Tip Toe Body weight lunges to burn out getting about 10 each calve.

I started using Reversitol on Saturday and love it so far. My weight has increased from 189 on Saturday to 191 today. I think it has increased my appetite and is making me sleep like a rock.Libido is definitely up as well. Pumps in the gym since Saturday are unreal. Hit a few sets of bis and tris before my calves. Everyone in the gym was asking me how my arms were so jacked. I have not had a pump like that since Superdrol. I am going to attribute this to Reversitol because I have done nothing different but the addition of Reversitol. I am going to keep posting on my results with it.

I am getting a fitness evaluation tomorrow testing cardio, strength, flexibility and getting exact body fat tested. Then I will be hitting legs. I plan on doing box squats and SLDL and maybe a few other exercizes.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Had that evaluation today but they did not take any measurements besides fat measurement.

I weighed in at 192, I was exactly 11 percent body fat. Passed all tests easily except the flexibility test.

Hit legs after the test.

Box Squats
Set 1:135x 20
Set 2:185x 15
Set 3:195x 12
Set 4: 225x 12
Set 5:255x 9

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts:
Set 1: 135x 15
Set 2: 155x 15
Set 3:185x 12
Set 4: 205x 8

Stretched

then 4 sets of hip adductions at 130 lbs til failure

stretched then left

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
those are some good numbers my friend. i don't know what i SLDL offhand, but i know it took me awhile to get the guts to try 200 lbs :) the way you throw the weights around, your legs will grow pretty fast i'm betting.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
those are some good numbers my friend. i don't know what i SLDL offhand, but i know it took me awhile to get the guts to try 200 lbs :) the way you throw the weights around, your legs will grow pretty fast i'm betting.
Thanks buddy I have more determination now than I ever have.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I have been eating like a g**damn horse. my weight is up to 194 today? I weighed myself after I relieved myself before my work out and was up to 194. I feel it too. I feel gigantic every where but my legs.

I hit bis tris and calves today. Got cartoonish like pumps in my arms. ****ing nuts, every one at my gym was just staring.

Legs and calves were pretty toasted so I just did a light weight calve work out

Smith Machine Calve Raises: (on these I do ten with my feet straight, ten feet in, 10 feet out)
Set 1:135
Set 2:155
Set 3:155
Set 4:135

Stretched.

Tibia Extension
Set 1:70 til failure
Set 2:70 til failure
Set 3:70 til failure

Rotator Calf Machine( I do the same as smith machine, feet straight, feet in, feet out, 15 reps for each position in each set)
Set 1:150 lbs
Set 2:150 lbs
Set 3:150 lbs

was walking flat footed as hell when I was done.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Besides my legs, what would you guys say I need to work out on my upper body?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
your legs are smaller in relation to your upper body. they're not chicken legs though, so that's a good thing.

Can be done on the calf raise machine. Could also do with barbell on your back or leg press.

Calf burnouts to failure.
Holding weight at the top of the lift to muscle failure
Calf reps to 100.

1 Day a week, 2 days every other. Should feel some good burns and growth. I advise taking Taurine, you are gonna cramp from those exercises.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
i suppose you could. Trust me, I do DC calves, and if done correctly, u will ONLY want to do 1 set. Again, if done correctly. They are very, very, very painful, but fun.

Can I do DC leg training just for my quads and hams and just do a conventional weight lifting regimen for the rest of my body including calves? I cant imagine my calves growing from just one exercise every time I do them

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
i suppose you could. Trust me, I do DC calves, and if done correctly, u will ONLY want to do 1 set. Again, if done correctly. They are very, very, very painful, but fun.
I think I am having a hard time understanding DC training. Do you think you could show me an example how I could do DC training my my quads, hams and calves?

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Can be done on the calf raise machine. Could also do with barbell on your back or leg press.

Calf burnouts to failure.
Holding weight at the top of the lift to muscle failure
Calf reps to 100.

1 Day a week, 2 days every other. Should feel some good burns and growth. I advise taking Taurine, you are gonna cramp from those exercises.
I will try holding the weight at the top of th elift more frequently. I think I already need to taurine because my hamstrings keep cramping up at night. Thanks for the info.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Weight 194

Stretched

Dead Lifts:
Set 1: 135x 20
Set 2: 205x 12
Set 3: 255x 8
Set 4: 275x 4
Set 5: 295x 2
Set 6: 205x 10

One hour Spin Class

During the spin class I could see my calves poking out more than I ever have, it really kicked my ass. I think I will be doing this once a week or atleast once every two weeks. Will take Friday and Saturday off completely.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Took Friday, Saturday and today off. Planned on working out today but figured it wouldnt hurt just stuffing myself with carbs and protein for some good recovery time. I will be hitting it HARD this week. Also quit my shitty ass manager job at aldo for minimum pay at smoothie factory! I will be getting supps at half off now and free smoothies!!!

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Hit chest and calves yesterday.

Today:
box squats
Set 1:135x 25
Set 2:205x 12
Set 3: 245x 9

Regular DEEP squats:
Set 2: 155x 10

SLDL
Set 2: 225x 8
Set 3: 225x 7

Reg. Dead Lifts
Set 1: 225x 12
Set 2: 245X 9

Wide Leg Press:
Set 1: 270x 15
Set 2: 360x 14
Set 3: 410x 9
Set 4: 410x 7

Hip Abductors 3 sets each

3 sets alternating leg curl and leg extension

threw up for the first time in a while. Wont be able to walk tomorrow for sure.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
swang,

your legs arn't bad. I really wouldnt worry about it too much and just keep getting heavier overall if thats your goal. With the increased poundage over time everything will grow. twenty four inches isnt bad for your weight of one ninety and I think your trying to match legs with heavier people. with weight gain overall everything will get heavier.

Suncloud, the Dc cardio calves method works well, esp when your bigger with the increased poundage on the calves. Its over on IM in the doggpound. it may take a little searching

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Suncloud, the Dc cardio calves method works well, esp when your bigger with the increased poundage on the calves. Its over on IM in the doggpound. it may take a little searching
argh. IM is such a confusing site. maybe i'm just not used to it, and it overwhelms me.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
swang,

your legs arn't bad. I really wouldnt worry about it too much and just keep getting heavier overall if thats your goal. With the increased poundage over time everything will grow. twenty four inches isnt bad for your weight of one ninety and I think your trying to match legs with heavier people. with weight gain overall everything will get heavier.

wow thank you sir. this is the best compliment I have ever recieved ha. I will still be hitting legs harder than other parts just to see if I can trigger some growth and just to show people it CAN be done. Huge legs is what I am striving for I would love to fill out a bathing suit nicely and have some nice calves showing for the summer!!

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
A trick I picked up for us tall people who have a hard time dead lifting. Normally I dont like dead lifting with the 45 pound bar because I dont feel like I have control over it, some times the weights tend to wobble while trying to dead lift. I saw a guy using a shorter 35 pound bar at my gym doing dead lifts and did a few sets with him. I felt much more controlled and was getting perfect form for my dead lifts. I wil be using the shorter bar for now on. Just a piece of advice that I thought may help you guys.

Will be doing the hour long spin class tonight for my cardio for the week and hopefully will be able to get some of the lactic acid out of my legs and lower back cause Im so damn sore.After or before spin class I will be doing upper back

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Hit hour long spin class last night then some upper back

TODAY killed it in the gym!

Box Squats:
Set 1: 135x 25
Set 2: 225x 15
Set 3: 245x 12
Set 4: 275x 10

Dead Lifts:
Set 1: 135x 16
Set 2: 225x 10
Set 3: 315x 5
Set 4: 315x 6

Wide Stance Leg Press
Set 1: 270x 20
Set 2: 360x 12
Set 3: 450x 9

I feel much stronger, my endurance is going up i believe! Jeans starting to fit tighter. My biggest critic beside myself, my girlfriend, has said my legs and ass look fuller!

powerstroker

Awards
wow, keep up the good work! I must have fat legs, cause I can't lift the wieght you do for the reps. I just started working legs for any prolonged period of time, and I can't wait to get them stronger.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
wow, keep up the good work! I must have fat legs, cause I can't lift the wieght you do for the reps. I just started working legs for any prolonged period of time, and I can't wait to get them stronger.
Yeah I never really believed people when they said told me how strong your legs would get in such a short amount of time. It takes everything out of me but I am able to keep pushing out reps. I am nearly in tears after my deads. Also, working the legs multiple times a week plus a ton of stretching and high carb post work out meals have really really done me well. I will continue posting just because it keeps me motivated in the gym. thanks guys for so much support.. Hoping to see some real size gains within the next couple months.

EDIT Powerstroker, I doubt your legs are fat I think people really forget to factor in how much genetics really play in the size of our legs, I lift much heavier weight than alot of guys at the gym but my legs are half their size.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
deads after squats FTW! i have good memories of those days :)

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Ha IM starting to love deads after squats as long as my back isnt too fried.

An interesting observation I made today about jack3d. It was my buddys birthday last night so I uncharacteristically got wasted with him after a huge dinner of chicken breasts and whole grain rice (he is a fellow work out enthusiast). Woke up this morning after drinking around 13 beers last night still feeling drunk. After about an hour and a half and a good meal he called me and convinced me to hit some chest with him today. I took 2 and half of scoops of jacked and headed to the gym. Had a great work out surprisingly but after the work out was over I couldnt help but feel tingly and light headed for the next 3 hours. This happened to me one other time but didnt contribute it to alcohol? I almost felt like I was on some x I felt great, real fuzzy feeling, warm, tingly and wanted to listen to every one talk at my familys easter lunch. Idk what the correlation is with jacked and alcohol but its pretty nuts. Just thought id share with you guys.

Also, dont you guys hate not knowing some general information about supplements like when to take them, what to take them with, or should be taken with or with out food? If any one has any extra time I think a good thread would be to start one on popular supplements like fish oil, tribulus, nettle root, etc etc and list some of the information stated above. Just another thought

Legs got some good rest since Friday and will be hitting em hard tomorrow.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Shitty leg day today. Just was not feelin it as much

Walking Lunges
Set 1: 135x8 steps each leg
Set 2: 135x8 steps each leg

Dead Lifts
Set 1:135x 15
Set 2: 225x 9
Set 3: 255x 7
Set 4:275x 7
Set 5:135x 16

4 sets of squat machine (similar to leg press)
light weight each set til failure

3 sets hip adductors and abductors

4 sets lying leg curls
Set 1: 80 lbs til failure
Set 2: 90 lbs til failure
Set 3: 90 lbs til failure
Set 4: 100 lbs til failure

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Hit back and calves today.

I went light on all my calve work outs because I had been going pretty heavy. I also held the highest part or each calve movement for three seconds before I started going down. Calves looked really pumped after doing smith machine calve raises, BW tip toe lunges, tibie extensions and hydraulic seated calve raises with varying foot positions.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
OK Killed Hammies and quads on wednesday been pretty damn sore since then but I will be hitting Sumo Deads tomorrow. A guy at my gym recommended them to me to help build my glutes. I saw my mom earlier this week, she commented how my jeans looked too tight and my butt was noticably bigger from when she saw me a few weeks ago. So this is a good thing. Also ordered a bottle of formex to help lean me out but still maintain my muscle for the summer let me know if you guys would like to see a log of it. I will post pics of my legs in a couple weeks to show progress...

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Last Saturday I hit legs

Sumo Deads:
Set 1:135x 15
Set 2: 185x 9
Set 3: 185x9
Set 4: 205x 7

Light one legged dead lifts x 4 sets til exhaustion

1 minute wall sits x 3 sets.

Starting a Prime and Formex log in the supplement section will be keeping better track of my leg progress on there if any of you are interested.

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I hate my 'genetically' small legs.. I'm trying all I can to get them to grow, but having no luck :(

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I hate my 'genetically' small legs.. I'm trying all I can to get them to grow, but having no luck :(
I am the same way brother. I hate lifting heavier and using better form than alot of the guys at my gym but having half the size of their legs. Just keep pushing it and results have to come.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I feel you.

squats and deads

repeat squats and deads

i was thinking of just doing squats and deads every 4th day. screw the rest. lol

do squats, then 4 days later do deads and so on.

starting strength is a good program to build legs and back.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I feel you.

squats and deads

repeat squats and deads

i was thinking of just doing squats and deads every 4th day. screw the rest. lol

do squats, then 4 days later do deads and so on.

starting strength is a good program to build legs and back.
I like to do squats and deads back to back around every 4 days. Prime has me going strong so I plan on massacring legs tomorrow. ANother Note to mention, I have had to decrease the tightness of my belt from 4 notches to the 3rd notch. haha looking for any sign of increased leg size :lick:

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Worked Out Legs This Morning

Pre Work Out Meal/Breakfast:
2 cups skim Milk
1 scoop ON whey
1 1/2 scoop glycomaize
1 large scoop raw oats
large banana
strawberries
large handful walnuts
1 tbspn coconut oil
2 flax seed gel caps
2 Resveratrol caps
2 Prime

1 scoop of Jack3d

Squats
Set 2: 205x 10
Set 3: 225x 8
Set 4: 225x9
Set 5: 295x 6

Body Weight Walking Lunges:
4 sets 12 steps each leg

Dead Lifts
Set 1: 135x 16
Set 2: 185x 15
Set 3: 205x 15
Set 4: 205x 13

Stretched

Post Work Out Meal
1 cup smik milk
1 scoop ON whey
1 scoop glycomaize
1 large scoop raw oats
5 BCAA caps

295 never felt so easy before. After squats I was ready to go so I just did some light deads to get a nice burnin the hammies and glutes. Feeling stronger in the legs

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Damnit.. just got back from the chiropractor, looks like God didn't design my back to handle deads very well. Is there ANYTHING I can do as a replacement? I know there is no TRUE replacement, but at this point my lower back isn't having it (even with proper form). Maybe trap bar deads would be a bit better, i.e. not stressing the lower back as much. Also, I started squatting lower weight, higher reps (10-12 reps). And after watching some others do it, I tried doing leg press, one leg at a time. It was BRUTAL, I got such a pump in each leg. Don't know how good that is for building size though.

Thoughts swangswang?

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Damnit.. just got back from the chiropractor, looks like God didn't design my back to handle deads very well. Is there ANYTHING I can do as a replacement? I know there is no TRUE replacement, but at this point my lower back isn't having it (even with proper form). Maybe trap bar deads would be a bit better, i.e. not stressing the lower back as much. Also, I started squatting lower weight, higher reps (10-12 reps). And after watching some others do it, I tried doing leg press, one leg at a time. It was BRUTAL, I got such a pump in each leg. Don't know how good that is for building size though.

Thoughts swangswang?
I have torn muscles in my lower back before and the only thing I could do to get things back in order was rest. even doing light bench put too much stress on my lower back at the time. If I were you I would continue doing the single leg leg presses which I have been doing alot lately. I have started to see some growth from doing plyometrics and high resistance cardio training. Try high resistance cardio it has actually been doing alot for my legs as of late. Good luck bud!