Motivation,,, where´d you go??!!

trytter

Awards
I have a slight problem...
lately i´ve started to hate my cardio..
I tried everything, doing high intensity, more moderate and longer, running, cycling etc etc...
I hate it!
This is a real problem for me since i used to love it.
I actually had to restrain myself from doing it too much..
To top it all off, the intesity in my weight lifting workouts have dropped too!!!
HEEEEEEEEEEELP!! =)
I tried switching everything around because I thought i had done the same thing for too long, but no progress.
Last couple of months i´ve been doing it all on discipline.
This is fine for awhile but my main reason for working out, both cardio and weights have always been because I loved it..
Really miss that... =(
Just wondering if anyone has any experienced this or perhaps have a few tips??

Gollum

Awards
It sounds like you're just burnt out. This happens to everyone now and then.

My advice is to take a little time off. A short break of maybe a week or two. No cardio, no weights, no nothing. You might be physically and mentally exhausted. Continue with your diet but allow yourself some cheat meals.

Trust me, you won't shrink from a little time off. Your body could probably use the rest. Give you a chance to heal. This break is a good time to plan your stragety when you hit the gym again. Design a new routine for yourself (Could I be suggesting a DC program?), try some new supplements if that's your thing. Whatever it takes to get excited about your workouts.

If you're anything like me by the end of your break you are going to feel well rested but you will think you have become a flabby, pencil necked, candyass sissy boy. In other words, a normal human. You will want to TEAR THE GYM APART to start to feel like yourself again. Hardcore, baby. HARDCORE!

This works for a lot of people. If you try it, let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Take some time off bro, when you start feeling like a worthless skinny bastard you'll have the drive to tear the roof off the gym. My motivation is not the thought of something I want to be, but instead something I don't want to be. If i get praised, my performance flat lines. But if I'm the one behind, the one who has to prove something, watch the fu$% out. In my mind I look at pics of people larger then me so it puts me in a mindset of proving myself. I think of others saying to me "you can't do it" well kiss my ass you piece of garbage I can not only do it but do it better then anyone else. sorry I got issues, regardless those are my thoughts on the matter.

smike319

Awards
I have a slight problem...
lately i´ve started to hate my cardio..
I tried everything, doing high intensity, more moderate and longer, running, cycling etc etc...
I hate it!
This is a real problem for me since i used to love it.
I actually had to restrain myself from doing it too much..
To top it all off, the intesity in my weight lifting workouts have dropped too!!!
HEEEEEEEEEEELP!! =)
I tried switching everything around because I thought i had done the same thing for too long, but no progress.
Last couple of months i´ve been doing it all on discipline.
This is fine for awhile but my main reason for working out, both cardio and weights have always been because I loved it..
Really miss that... =(
Just wondering if anyone has any experienced this or perhaps have a few tips??
i feelyou bro. i've had to deal w/ 2 surgeries this year and it really takes a toll on my motivation after being a slacker during my down time. i'm just now getting back in the gym, and i feel 120% better. just due what the other bro's recommended and take just a week or 2off. as far as your cardio, try and get more intense but "shorter" sessions in. it won't be such a mind **** on you when you think about them. before you know it you'll be looking forward to your next session and thrive on the extra energy it gives you!

smike319