First Day of DC Training

Blindfaith

Awards
Well today I decided to give DC Training a go...I went 100% and holy hell...what an intense workout! The actual lifting wasn't too bad (eventhough im sore as hell right now) the most painful part about the entire workout was the extreme stretching. My forearms are SO tight right how after doing a low row back stretch im having a hard time writing this post.

All I have to say is im SO looking forward to training now...its been so long since ive made any serious gains i really hope this all works out for me...i havent been this excited about a program since i first started training when i was 16.

Wish me luck...i'll keep you guys updated!

Cheers,
Blindfaith

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck! Keep us updated.

I've been on a hardgainer routine for 4 months now, and have to admit that I'm a huge fan of hardgainer routines.

~Todd

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
Well today I decided to give DC Training a go...I went 100% and holy hell...what an intense workout! The actual lifting wasn't too bad (eventhough im sore as hell right now) the most painful part about the entire workout was the extreme stretching. My forearms are SO tight right how after doing a low row back stretch im having a hard time writing this post.

All I have to say is im SO looking forward to training now...its been so long since ive made any serious gains i really hope this all works out for me...i havent been this excited about a program since i first started training when i was 16.

Wish me luck...i'll keep you guys updated!

Cheers,
Blindfaith
Glad to know you went ahead of the game and started your own DC program bro, I know you won't need the luck because you will suceed. It is very hard the first 2 weeks, after that you gonna ease in and the gains will finally show up, if you have any questions shoot it up bro.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
does anyone have the link for DC's Training i had read about it before, id like to give it a try...

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
www.animalkits.be then click on forum at the top then go to "realm of iron addict and doggcrapp" in that forum look for a thread clalled "cycles on pennies"

be ready to R-E-A-D

Blindfaith

Awards
today is leg day :( not looking forward to those 20 rep squats!

HammyAbeer

Awards
BF, I just started Saturday after reading your post at BB. Im on page 50 of the original post. Awesome thread.

I just convinced my workout Partner to do the DC method also. Should be interesting.

Pounding the hell out some Protein.

First couple workouts were an ego check as I had to lower weight to 8 reps at a turtles pace.

Keep us update as I will do the same.

Cheers!

Doggcrapp

Board Sponsor
Awards
I train Raul and he has informed me if he were presented the choice he would rather do the 20 rep leg day than be the only guy at a Playboy bunny party --thats TRUE dedication!

([/I]note: the above forementioned statement was complete bull and actually Raul would say "screw DC and legs Im going to be tagging ass like a cattle prod" if he was given that choice)

Blindfaith

Awards
well good to know that some one appreciated me posting it...check this out guys...i post the cycle on pennies thread on BB.com and i got bitched out for posting it...can you f'ing believe that! BB.com is seriously starting to piss me off lately...i never learn anything when im over there...all it is is a bunch of 16 year old punks who dont know jack about anything. Sorry im just ranting here. Im done now :)

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
Lol dogg , 20 rep squat is painful as hell , you almost feel like you went to hell and all of sudden come back , it gets whitey and all the feeling of the world would be better right now than that fucking bar hanging unto your traps while you breathe and breathe for the last rep to finish. Then when all have passed you decide to rest and lay unto the floor while people start looking at you and starting and asking questions like "are you ok"

but in the end, WHEELS WHERE MADE.

Blindfaith

Awards
still going strong with DC's training styles...ive gained so much strength on a continuous basis...it seems everytime i goto the gym my weights or reps were higher than the last time or the exercise seemed easier than before...i love that feeling!

I got down to about 260 from about 290 and i have been hovering around 260 for about a month now but my bodyfat% is going down so im assuming that im gaining muscle at a 1/1 ratio which im totally happy with...i wouldnt mind getting down to a lean 235 or 240..thats my goal...the only thing i know i need to be on top of is my diet...its mostly off and on right now...but im trying to be as consisting as i can with my protein intake.

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

cheers

MaddCapp

Awards
Are you doing the morning cardio 3-4 times/week? Or are you gaining mass and dropping bf while just lifting? Pretty impressive that you're having such progress when diet is not totally in check. Do you at least limit carbs after 6pm? That's awesome that you've been able to drop 30 pounds while your lifts are all going up!

I'm looking forward to starting DC's training. I guess I need to have more faith :) I'm cutting right now and for some reason, his program seems more suitable for bulking ... I know - I'm ripping his whole cutting/bulking philosophy. Your results are another testimony that DC training works whether it is to drop bf or pack on mass. I'd better just get with the program ---

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
How exactly do the rest pause reps work. For example if you were benching where would the weight be while you were taking your 12-15 breaths, the rack or would you be holding it. I would think you would have to rack it for the rest to actually be effective. I read the other threads and it never really specified. Thanks

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Im really excited about this DC routine as well. Today, I went back home to visit the family, and my kid brother is bigger than me!! We trained together for about a year, made some huge gains (he went from 180 - 200 I went from 205 - 225) Now he's 210 and looking J A C K E D! Then I started working a new job, and got transferred to a new city and I slacked off for a few months trying to get acclimated.

Well, time waits for no one. My little bro is kicking my ass!

Im going to quit this job, do whatever I have to do to earn cash, and get freaking huge. Im not losing hard earned mass for some prick-ass corporation.:)

BigV

MaddCapp

Awards
How exactly do the rest pause reps work. For example if you were benching where would the weight be while you were taking your 12-15 breaths, the rack or would you be holding it. I would think you would have to rack it for the rest to actually be effective. I read the other threads and it never really specified. Thanks
Rack it. Woudn't be much of a 'rest' pause otherwise ;)