specialization while on ph cycle...

socrates

Awards
While on a ph cycle if I did two days specializing just on calves and delts and one day doing a whole body routine, would I be likely bringing up those bodyparts or sabotaging my overall gains with such a routine??
An example would have been...
Mon- calves, abs, delt
Wed- whole body routine (less sets per bodypart of course)
Fri- same as Mon

Possibly adding a second whole body routine on Sat.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Really, its hard to say. Some will do fine with a lot more volume and some will not and overtrain. Its kinda just an all-out hit or miss strategy like when you try different things when you first started to see what works for you.

Best I can say as anybody else is to try it and see if it works for you. ;)

Good luck.....

PC1

Yeah, it's always a fight to train hard but not over train.

Still, I see nothing wrong with taking a cycle or more even, to focus on what you feel are your weaker areas that you want to bring up. We all have them. And training ALL your bodyparts with equal intensity, while a great goal, doesn't insure they'll all grow at the same rate.

So focus on your weaknesses until they become your strengths.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
In all likelyhood it won't hurt to try and usually ends up in some success from what I've seen, especially if you are dramatically changing the way you are training those muscle groups. I would just try to focus these days on exercises you have never done or rarely do, giving a change to adapt to :)

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I would suggest keeping calves and delts out of the full body workout. Doing anything three times a week is too much even while "on". Otherwise give it a go and keep us posted on progress.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
While on a ph cycle if I did two days specializing just on calves and delts and one day doing a whole body routine, would I be likely bringing up those bodyparts or sabotaging my overall gains with such a routine??
An example would have been...
Mon- calves, abs, delt
Wed- whole body routine (less sets per bodypart of course)
Fri- same as Mon

Possibly adding a second whole body routine on Sat.
I don't see a problem with that. You are allowing yourself a day off between each day. Go for it.

socrates

Awards
I would suggest keeping calves and delts out of the full body workout. Doing anything three times a week is too much even while "on". Otherwise give it a go and keep us posted on progress.
Actually I was planning to omit the calves and delts in the full body workouts.
In fact while I'm not planning to use ph's again until July or August I might try this routine in the new year. A dry practice as it were...
Any suggestions how long I should stick to any specialization routines such as this... 4-6 weeks???

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I would think after 4 weeks you should be able to tell if it is working or not. I'm not big on specialization but 6 weeks is max from most people I've heard from on them.
This does sound like a really good plan, keep us posted and good luck.