Compression shorts for sport/lifting - AnabolicMinds.com

Compression shorts for sport/lifting

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

Compression shorts for sport/lifting

Hey guys,

does anyone have experience with compression shorts such as nike pro's, skins, underarmour

do you think they are advantageous when you're doing legs at the gym or during football (or any other exercise with a lot of running)?

I'm wondering because recently i've been doing more running and playing more soccer and i'm starting to get DOMs in my legs when i never used to. I might be playing soccer upwards of 4/5 times a week.

Cheers

2. Advanced Member

I do, but not for an 'advantage'.. they feel more comfortable to me.
  3. New Member

I don't have personal experience with them, but I did read a study that suggested compression shorts improved performance for runners.
    •   

4. Professional Member

Don't buy Nike. They are pieces of **** and come on sewn around the waistband.
    REAL compression shorts do help, though, but they are hard to find and usually need to be ordered online.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

What constitutes real?

Athletes wear Underarmour, Skins, Nike, Adidas. I think that makes them real enough.
  6. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wear the UA ones...its just more comfortable to lift in them IMO
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

for the comfort guys, do you notice any improvements or advantages esp in the area of doms? I've heard and seen a lot of people say that wearing them helps heaps
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

no everytime i where the undrarmor it seems that i chaff
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UA All the Way!

I have worn Under Armour compression shorts (UA 'Long' version, which means they go down the leg almost to the knee) since the 8th grade for lifting, football, wrestling, track, and baseball. I think that they do help...and it just feels plain weird not to wear them when I work out now. I am only on my third pair of them in 5 years, and thats even when wearing them every day...so they wear like iron too. I'm not sure however how they would help you specifically, I just love wearing them!

P.S. I bought these "endurance" compression shorts for wrestling last year, made by CW-X and they did seem to help, and they are a "true" compression short. They go along the lines of those compression shorts that Adidas claim to have come out with that has bands strategically placed on them that improve performance.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

ive heard a lot of people say that nike pro's are good

although, they are those yahoo answers idiots (most of them are idiots anyway)
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.

i use them and like them alot. i have had nike, adidas, reebok, UA. and i liked the nike ones the best and the reebok ones were the most durable
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by petey7408 View Post
    I have worn Under Armour compression shorts (UA 'Long' version, which means they go down the leg almost to the knee) since the 8th grade for lifting, football, wrestling, track, and baseball. I think that they do help...and it just feels plain weird not to wear them when I work out now. I am only on my third pair of them in 5 years, and thats even when wearing them every day...so they wear like iron too. I'm not sure however how they would help you specifically, I just love wearing them!

P.S. I bought these "endurance" compression shorts for wrestling last year, made by CW-X and they did seem to help, and they are a "true" compression short. They go along the lines of those compression shorts that Adidas claim to have come out with that has bands strategically placed on them that improve performance.
    I hope you take them off at least once a week to wash them

I use UA too but only because they are more comfortable to work out in and I like the long ones (9") when I do Leg Press, Decline Abs, and stuff. I have a thing where I don't like my shorts falling and exposing my upper legs it's just weird to me.

They also help when I jog sometimes my legs rub together and that gets annoying.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    I hope you take them off at least once a week to wash them

I use UA too but only because they are more comfortable to work out in and I like the long ones (9") when I do Leg Press, Decline Abs, and stuff. I have a thing where I don't like my shorts falling and exposing my upper legs it's just weird to me.

They also help when I jog sometimes my legs rub together and that gets annoying.
    Ha ha, oh yeah, they'd be pretty bad if I didn't. My thoughts exactly! I think its so wierd to have my shorts falling too!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Compression Bands?
    By Lou villian in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 09:21 PM
  2. linear/lateral shorts - what's different?
    By walugi in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 10:40 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:20 AM
  4. Working Out in Runner's Shorts?
    By JoeJack101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 08:18 PM