JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Zach Even-Esh or Elliott Hulse??

Was looking online for some good strength and conditioning lift routines and came across these two guys. Zach looks good to me as he has a combat training regime which interest me as I do ju- jitsu and judo and am looking for pure functional strength gains and conditiong, while elliott hulse has a football routine, I figured to ask here to see if anyone heard of them and see if their books are worth the $$. It seems they do a lot of unconventional stuff and sdtuff you wont do in a gym like wheel barrel runs, sled drags, farm boy walks, kettle bells, sandbags etc.. So can anyone vouch for these training methods? Thanks

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I cant comment on those two, but I do know those type of unconventional workouts have been huge lately for mma conditioning and fatloss endurance type workouts.

I see alot of use of Kettlebells in mma and crossfit applications and I started a sandbag workout but it couldnt keep my attention but it was definitely intense

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
zach's book looks like a good guide to know what to do, I dont want to just start throwing stuff around and wasteing time with it, figured if I follow the plan in the book should be more organized then me guessing, just trying to see if he is reputable and the book is any good or should I look elsewhere, but yea kettlebells and sandbags and tire flips and sledge hammer drills are intense and effective just looking for some guidance on how and when to do it