whats your favorite/current training split??

  1. whats your favorite/current training split??


    whats up everyone, just in the process of coming up with a new training split (been on the same one for about a month now)...

    just wondering what everyones current, or favorite, training split is (day/muscle group worked)??


  2. i guess nobody liked this idea?? =(

  3. Ive been using the P/RR/S routine as of late. Been going on 7 weeks now and it seems to work fairly well. Basically one week is Power , next week is rep range, next week is shock. Im thinking about going back to DC training in a few weeks though.

    Heck, upper/lower has always been solid for me.

    Mon - upper
    wed - lower
    fri - upper

    mon - lower
    wed - upper
    fri - lower
    •   
       


  4. Doggcrapp. Hands down. But, it's definitely not for beginners.

  5. I used to do:
    chest/tris.

    back/bis.

    legs/shoulders.


    For the next couple weeks I'm going to do:

    Lunges. Flat bench. bent BB rows. BB shoulder press. Abs. cardio
    REST
    Leg press. Incl bench. lat pulldowns. DB shoulder press. Abs. Cardio
    REST
    Bi's. Tri's. Calf's (also done on leg press day). Abs. Cardio
    2Days REST, then start again.

  6. I'm doing:

    Monday: Back
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulder/Traps
    Friday: Arms
    Saturday: Off
    Sunday: Off

    I've found that putting arms on a separate day makes a big difference for me

  7. My favorite program is
    Mon: Heavy Upper Body
    Tuesday: Heavy Lower Body
    Wednesday: off/cardio
    Thursday: Chest, Back Hypertrophy day
    Friday: Legs Hypertrophy day
    Saturday: Arms and shoulders Hypertrophy day
    Sunday: off/cardio
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  8. My current training looks like this
    Monday:Legs/bi's
    Wednesday: Chest/tris
    Friday: Back/shoulders

    And I've found that working bi's after legs works for me. lol...everyone is different...figure out which is best for you.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    My favorite program is
    Mon: Heavy Upper Body
    Tuesday: Heavy Lower Body
    Wednesday: off/cardio
    Thursday: Chest, Back Hypertrophy day
    Friday: Legs Hypertrophy day
    Saturday: Arms and shoulders Hypertrophy day
    Sunday: off/cardio
    I'm gonna have to try this one out! Have you tried Doggcrapp? If so, how would you compare the strength/size gains between the two?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bubbachew View Post
    I'm gonna have to try this one out! Have you tried Doggcrapp? If so, how would you compare the strength/size gains between the two?
    I have never done DC training before but i really like the program i mentioned up there. It is the one i tend to come back to all the time. Its great cuz you can focus on strength and low volume on Heavy/power days while still work on higher reps etc on hypertrophy days.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    My favorite program is
    Mon: Heavy Upper Body
    Tuesday: Heavy Lower Body
    Wednesday: off/cardio
    Thursday: Chest, Back Hypertrophy day
    Friday: Legs Hypertrophy day
    Saturday: Arms and shoulders Hypertrophy day
    Sunday: off/cardio
    i may have to try this out when i run my cycle of The One!!

    keep 'em coming fellas!!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by bubbachew View Post
    Doggcrapp. Hands down. But, it's definitely not for beginners.
    If God worked out,.....He would do DC.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    If God worked out,.....He would do DC.
    haha interesting way of putting it. But yeah, the best gains I have ever gotten strength/size wise, was from DC.

    *Not for beginners* Please get your 3 compound lifts up, and do A LOT of Doggcrapp researching before trying this program.

    There are many that try this program, and fail, and bash it, because they weren't ready for it, and didn't know enough about it.

  14. My training routine :
    Monday : Chest / Tri
    Wendnesday : Back / Bic
    Friday : Should / Calves
    Sunday : Legs
    I'll go try to swap friday and sunday training

    NG From Belgium - No Pain No Gain - Animal

  15. Push Pull Legs

    K.I.S.S.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by bubbachew View Post
    haha interesting way of putting it. But yeah, the best gains I have ever gotten strength/size wise, was from DC.

    *Not for beginners* Please get your 3 compound lifts up, and do A LOT of Doggcrapp researching before trying this program.

    There are many that try this program, and fail, and bash it, because they weren't ready for it, and didn't know enough about it.
    lol very true. I remember doing 60's, maybe 70's from time to time on traditional training for hammer curls,..... now im hitting 90lb Db's for 20 reps each arm on my Rest pause Workset. That makes it hurt bad enough by the end,... but the forced stretch afterwards,... my GOD... its like all the other worksets and forced stretches for DC,.. like being born again.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    lol very true. I remember doing 60's, maybe 70's from time to time on traditional training for hammer curls,..... now im hitting 90lb Db's for 20 reps each arm on my Rest pause Workset. That makes it hurt bad enough by the end,... but the forced stretch afterwards,... my GOD... its like all the other worksets and forced stretches for DC,.. like being born again.
    Those extreme stretches are brutal...I always do them, even when not doing DC.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bubbachew View Post
    Those extreme stretches are brutal...I always do them, even when not doing DC.
    yup they are,.. i think the two most brutal are: bi's and quads. Especially quads lol,.... but all in all I can see a difference from the forced stretches. My muscles are starting to have a "hanging" of-the-bone, thickness look to them. I'm liking it.

  19. so would you guys recommend doing the DB chest stretch after a chest workout to promote growth even when not training on an actual DC program?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    so would you guys recommend doing the DB chest stretch after a chest workout to promote growth even when not training on an actual DC program?
    I do them after each chest workout, DC style or not.

  21. ^ yup,... point is to stretch out the fascia and aid in recovery

  22. Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    ^ yup,... point is to stretch out the fascia and aid in recovery
    and DAMN does it work! haha Thanks, Dante Trudel! lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. whats YOUR favorite workout split?
    By R1balla in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 08:19 AM
  2. Sylvester Stallone's current workout split
    By SureShot in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 07:44 PM
  3. ManBeast's Favorite split.
    By ManBeast in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 12:43 AM
  4. All-Time Favorite Split
    By Nelson in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Log in
Log in