Prioritizing BodyParts (extreme prioritization)

Alek

Awards
So basically I've pretty much reached my BB goals in terms of just about every muscle group EXCEPT arms. In other words, my arms are only half of the progress I want, with every other bodypart over-shooting the mark (my personal mark, not looking for competitions any time soon)

So... For those of you who have experience in prioritizing body-parts. Does this sound good... Exercising just the arms regularily, and (this is the important bit), only exercising the other body-parts to failure once per two weeks.

Mind you, I don't need (or even want) the other bodyparts to grow. I'm just asking if once per 2 weeks is enough to preserve what I have (heck, I'd even sacrifice up to 20% of those muscle groups).

Thanks.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
seems like that would work i guess kind off confusing question. but if ur working arms 2 times a week. try doing this

Triceps
Reverse Grip Bench 3 x 5 reps
Weight Dips 3 x 6-10 reps
Skull Crusher 4 x 6-10 reps
2 different bars for pulldowns 4 x 15

Biceps
Barbell Curls 3 x 6
Alternating Dumbell Curls 3 x 8-10
Preacher Curls 3 sets of 8-10
Hammer Curls 3 x 10
Smith machine drag Curls 3-4 x 15

ive used that workout or something similar to that with great results.

Alek

Awards
Well ya, the question is a bit confusing.

Let's forget the arms for a second. My question is more this: Is training once every 2 weeks, enough to preserve my other bodyparts?

p.s. Thanks for the routine, I like it a lot, I'll actually use it.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea dude 2 weeks wont really make u loose any muscle. eat up and train ur arms u shouldnt loose anything.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think that will be fine but when you do train them you have to do it intense and hard

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Well ya, the question is a bit confusing.

Let's forget the arms for a second. My question is more this: Is training once every 2 weeks, enough to preserve my other bodyparts?

p.s. Thanks for the routine, I like it a lot, I'll actually use it.
Are your arms in proportion to the rest of your body and you just want them to look freaky or are actually behind you other body parts?

How high is your body fat currently?

Alek

Awards
Are your arms in proportion to the rest of your body and you just want them to look freaky or are actually behind you other body parts?
Both actually. My arms are in fact always behind, but I also want them to look freaky. I'm not looking to compete and am actually looking for a more 70's look: Thinner legs (in comparison to the rest), and larger arms (in comparison to the rest).

How high is your body fat currently?
Pretty high actually by BB standards. Around 17-18%. My goal is actually 12% (year-round).

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Both actually. My arms are in fact always behind, but I also want them to look freaky. I'm not looking to compete and am actually looking for a more 70's look: Thinner legs (in comparison to the rest), and larger arms (in comparison to the rest).

Pretty high actually by BB standards. Around 17-18%. My goal is actually 12% (year-round).
I would get that down to around the 12% range before I started worrying about deciding whats weak or not. Most ppl don't carry a ton of fat on their arms compared to the rest of their body which means that someone w/ higher bf that thinks they might have a lagging body part really don't once the fat is lost from the other areas of the body.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would get that down to around the 12% range before I started worrying about deciding whats weak or not. Most ppl don't carry a ton of fat on their arms compared to the rest of their body which means that someone w/ higher bf that thinks they might have a lagging body part really don't once the fat is lost from the other areas of the body.
i would have to agree ^

Alek

Awards

Why is that whenever someone asks "How do I do get result A", there's a bunch of replies "I think you shouldn't get result A, because". It tends to be the norm on forums these days.

I have been training for 8 years, have been at ever bodyfat level imaginable, and know which groups are lagging when. I'm coming back from a 2-year accident layoff. And as I said, I want freaky arms, never can get them too big. I don't care if they're lagging or not by BB standards. So I know what I'm asking, and the question was simple. "Is training intense once every 2 weeks enough to prevent major muscle loss". That's the only question. Not whether this BF is good to set goals at, not whether I should go for freaky arms or not... etc.

In other words... I'm satisfied with the size of my other bodyparts (even if I lost 50% of my size on those parts going from 18 to 12, I wouldn't give an F :) And even if my arms were twice as big as they should be by "symmetry" rules, I don't care :)

So the question is simple, and it got answered by the previous posters.

Thank you

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Why is that whenever someone asks "How do I do get result A", there's a bunch of replies "I think you shouldn't get result A, because". It tends to be the norm on forums these days.

I have been training for 8 years, have been at ever bodyfat level imaginable, and know which groups are lagging when. I'm coming back from a 2-year accident layoff. And as I said, I want freaky arms, never can get them too big. I don't care if they're lagging or not by BB standards. So I know what I'm asking, and the question was simple. "Is training intense once every 2 weeks enough to prevent major muscle loss". That's the only question. Not whether this BF is good to set goals at, not whether I should go for freaky arms or not... etc.

In other words... I'm satisfied with the size of my other bodyparts (even if I lost 50% of my size on those parts going from 18 to 12, I wouldn't give an F :) And even if my arms were twice as big as they should be by "symmetry" rules, I don't care :)

So the question is simple, and it got answered by the previous posters.

Thank you
Fair enough. You might try rotating in some rest pause sets every couple weeks.

Idk if you've read through the DC thread but if not you could try the extreme stretching that it advocates.

purebred

i strongly feel it will benefit many if they made a slight adjustment in their thought process and consider training movements instead of body parts. the results will be much more or even more so favorable...