Which Elliptical Should I Buy?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Which Elliptical Should I Buy?

I'm looking for the best bang for my buck elliptical for my house...Any suggestions? I've been looking at the ProForm iSeries 785 F...bare in mind, I'm 201 right now and weight will just go up over the years....

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

After doing a little more research I think that the proform elliptical wouldn't be the right fit...whatever I get will see a lot of use...

After reading a ton of reviews I think I'll go with the Schwinn 430...It appears to be a much better elliptical for the price point...Now if I can only find somewhere to test one...

Amazon.com: Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer: Sports & Outdoors

Does anybody have one of these in their house? Or anything in roughly the same price range ($600) that they really like?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I take it no one has an elliptical at their house?

I'll post up a review once I get mine...
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I do.. I did a TON of research before i bought mine as well.

What is your budget?

I will tell you to pick out 2-3 top models that you would be happy with and watch craigs list. Ellipticals/treadmills are things people buy, thinking they will use them and never do.. You can really KILL someone on the price, especially now.. You can end up with a much better model that way.. Rather then go out and buy a new 500 dollar eliptical, you can grab someones 2k elliptical for 500 bucks. There is a big difference in FEEl on the higher end models.

I ended up with a true TSXa. I was tossing between a few models, and ended up with that one because i found the best deal on it. MSRP was 3500, and i got it for 1400, and it was damn near BRAND new. I am happy with it. It is solid as hell.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Damn that's a nice elliptical!

Really I probably can't spend more than $600 right now...I'm trying to pay for a damn wedding at the same time

I've been looking around Craigslist for my area but it seems that all I can find is Nordic Track ellipticals which have gotten horrible reviews...I'll keep an eye out though...

My main motivation for getting one is that I work from home and end up on call a lot...this means that I may not be doing anything but I have to be near my computer in case something happens..this has killed my AM fasted cardio sessions...it would be awesome to have an elliptical in my home office where I can stare at the computer screen and wait for emails/IMs about issues...
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    Damn that's a nice elliptical!

Really I probably can't spend more than $600 right now...I'm trying to pay for a damn wedding at the same time

I've been looking around Craigslist for my area but it seems that all I can find is Nordic Track ellipticals which have gotten horrible reviews...I'll keep an eye out though...

My main motivation for getting one is that I work from home and end up on call a lot...this means that I may not be doing anything but I have to be near my computer in case something happens..this has killed my AM fasted cardio sessions...it would be awesome to have an elliptical in my home office where I can stare at the computer screen and wait for emails/IMs about issues...
    For sure, it is an awesome thing to have. I could never bring myself to do regular cardio, till i got mine in my house.

When you search for them on cragis list, try and search for brand names as well.

Sole makes some good ellipticals, for decent prices.

Good luck man!

edit.. this guy has a few nordic tracks as his "best buys" for the cheaper ellipticals. That commercial 1300 looks decent. I like the feel much better on rear drive, then front. See if you can find any of those on CL.
    http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Ellip...rds-Elliptical
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to imprezivr6 again."

Thanks brudda!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I ended up getting a Horizon Fitness EX-57...it has a good warranty, great reviews, and th guy recommended it over the EX-67...I tried out a bunch this weekend and the Horizon ones felt the best (out of all that were in my price point)...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What Elliptical Should I Buy?
    By SoCo4Fun in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 04:40 PM
  2. Best Elliptical for the $$$
    By Liftergym33 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 02:00 PM
  3. HIIT - Elliptical
    By CorpKiller in forum Training Forum