Program for weight loss?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Program for weight loss?

So ive finally got to the point where im gonna put strength training on the side... ive never been so chubby in the life and definitely not like when i was in the Corps

So im curious, whats everyones take on a good weight lifting program for weight loss

3 days a week full body? Or 4 days a week 2 way split?

Or anything other suggestions

I will continue to do HIIT after my workouts (5min job warmup, 5 min jog/sprint every 30 sec, and 5min cool down)

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

When I was 245 lbs, all I did was started running. Long distance 3 - 7 miles a go. After running that much I would go full body. I did this 4x a week.

For my full body workouts I did just the major stuff. chest, arms, squats and some back.

I dropped to 205 in like 4 months.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  223 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    So ive finally got to the point where im gonna put strength training on the side... ive never been so chubby in the life and definitely not like when i was in the Corps

So im curious, whats everyones take on a good weight lifting program for weight loss

3 days a week full body? Or 4 days a week 2 way split?

Or anything other suggestions

I will continue to do HIIT after my workouts (5min job warmup, 5 min jog/sprint every 30 sec, and 5min cool down)
    You can stick w/ a strength based program, just control you diet better. Limit carb intake to breakfast and postworkout, get all your protein in each day, and get your healthy fats in too.

Start out w/ maybe 1-2 HIIT sessions a week and 1-2 low intensity fasted sessions a week for cardio and see what that does for ya. I would personally put the HIIT on it's own day since it can hamper recovery if your diet is not sufficient. Treat HIIT like you would a leg workout as far as post cardio.

Just because you are wanting to lose weight doesn't mean you have to start training like a marathon runner.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

im really enjoying supersets right now which is something usually dont do or havent in the last 4 years really
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  223 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    im really enjoying supersets right now which is something usually dont do or havent in the last 4 years really
    That's great man. Now that you've found something for training that you like get the diet on track.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Ultimate Weight Loss Program
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 04:21 PM
  2. Weight loss program
    By slipondajimmy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 10:21 PM