my new training routuine any good???

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.64%

Question my new training routuine any good???

Hey,
    I'm 21
    85 kg carrying abt 17% BF
    diet includes 3500 cal
    And recently started a cycle of test-e dosing it at 500 mg/week on my 5th week now so jus put in a routine here don't know if its any good...i would really like ur help to make it better

MON:-Chest 5 sets/triceps 4 sets followed by 15 min of HIIT cardio

Tue:-Back 5 sets/biceps 3 sets/forearms 2 sets and 3 sets of abs

Wed:OFF

Thursday:-Arms 4 sets each(biceps and triceps modified compound sets) Followed by 15 min of HIIT cardio

Friday:-Thighs 4 sets and Hamstring 3 sets followed by 3 sets of abs

Saturday:-Chest 5 sets/tri 4 sets followed by 4 sets abs and 12 min HIIT cardio

Sunday:-OFF

I work a lot on my chest and arms as they are my weak points.
    My arms are really stubborn(FRIGGIN hate them)as coming of from an off day and training only them using modified sets does wonders to it.
    I cant schedule off days on any other days
    I do a lot of walking stopped taking my bike as i walk every were more than 2 hours of walk everyday.
    I'M assuming i wont overtrain as i'm using Test-E
    Any help would be of great use

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.95%

At 187lbs and 17% bodyfat I highly doubt that you have any weak points. Focus on building everything.

Plus just because your taking test-e doesn't mean you can't overtrain. Your nutrition is going to be what determines that.

What are you set and rep schemes. Listing off the number of sets you'll do is pretty vague.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Do you do anything for shoulders? You could probably squeeze some military press into thursday and that would contribute to your tri's as well.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.64%

OPPS I'm sry abt sets i mean exercises...
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    Do you do anything for shoulders? You could probably squeeze some military press into thursday and that would contribute to your tri's as well.
    Ohh sry abt not mentioning it I do shoulders too on Thursday abt 2 exercises consisting o 2 sets each...
    The main concern for me here is if i'm overtraining my arms...they do seem fully recoverd no DOMS and stuff but i'm still worried...any idea on tat???
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.64%

Quote Originally Posted by jtp217 View Post
    At 187lbs and 17% bodyfat I highly doubt that you have any weak points. Focus on building everything.

Plus just because your taking test-e doesn't mean you can't overtrain. Your nutrition is going to be what determines that.

What are you set and rep schemes. Listing off the number of sets you'll do is pretty vague.
    My diet seems to be pretty average I squeeze in a lot of nutrients...By weak points I'm meaning in comparison with other body parts of mine.
    I do 4 sets for my first 2 exercises mainly compound ones ie:-bench press..
    and the next 3 exercises consisting of 3 sets...
    My reps are between7-14...
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've read in the past that Benching hard and doing triceps after can over work the tri's.
    Just an idea you could switch triceps with fore arms and then switch thursday with friday's workout which would give you 2 days for your arms to rest.
    Especially if you are dedicating an entire day to arms.
    That would mean forearms on Sat as well. Might sound like you're neglecting tri's but in reality you would be working that muscle 3 days a week, 1 of which you'd dedicate to really ripping up.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.51%

Quote Originally Posted by ashe555 View Post
    MON:-Chest 5 sets/triceps 4 sets followed by 15 min of HIIT cardio

Saturday:-Chest 5 sets/tri 4 sets followed by 4 sets abs and 12 min HIIT cardio
    Only one day of rest between your two chest days is not enough. If you are doing this and it is possible then you are either not training hard enough or you are over training (which is worse IMO).

5 exercises is too many. I like 3-4 exercises with no more than 12-14 sets per body part per week. When training a muscle like triceps that you are already using as a secondary muscle group on your chest day, I would reccommend that you do 3 exercises chest (3 sets x 4-8 reps each) and 2 exercises to isolate your triceps (10-15 reps each). A good indicator is if your workout (lifting part) is going over an hour then your intensity isn't high enough and/or you are over training. Hope this gives you some direction.

What you want to accomplish is minor tears in the muscle, then you REST to recover and make those muscles grow.

Similar Forum Threads

1. my training routine,, good????
    By thebiggerpict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 09:59 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
  3. my new training routuine any good???
    By ashe555 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 08:34 PM
  4. Good training regime?