Best place to get grip exercisers?

1. dpfisher

Best place to get grip exercisers?

I've looked at the local sporting goods stores and their grip exercisers are all made for women. They seriously take like 10lbs of pressure or less to compress. I need some kind of set or maybe a fancy adjustable one that goes to higher ranges. I simply cannot increase my deadlifts and db squats as fast as I would like because I can't maintain grip on the bars. What should I look into?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

go to heavygrips.com i can promise you cannot close all the grips. the 250lb is hard, but i cannot budge the 350. pretty inexspensive too.
  3. dpfisher

How much do you pull on deadlift without losing grip? I'm trying to figure out if I need to start with 150 or 200. I suspect 150 since I'm lifting such a small amount (310 for 1 with grip giving out right as I get it back down) and the only restriction is my super weak grip.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

With my lifting cycle im in (4x10) not really sure but I believe i deadlifted low 300's for 5 without straps. and hang clean up to 185 then need chalk. But you may close the 150 easily, but can you close it 4 sets of 10. dont waste your time buying the 350 you wont need it for a long time.
  5. dpfisher

I just went ahead and ordered the set. I know for sure the ones I was trying in the store were NOT 100 lbs. They were ridiculously low.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    I just went ahead and ordered the set. I know for sure the ones I was trying in the store were NOT 100 lbs. They were ridiculously low.
    When you get them, go on the website and read a little on how to hold them. Its seems so easy, but its actually kind of tricky to set it in hand properly. also let me know which ones you can close when you get them.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

you HAVE TO go to IRONMIND.COM before any where when it comes to grip training. PERIOD.

no Im not a company rep I just really like them.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.
    Answers

do pullups and reverse grip curls
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Iron Woody has a cool 2-spring adjustable gripper that allows you to vary the resistance from 45 lbs to 360 lbs. Looks like a nifty piece of gear but I've not picked one up yet.
  10. dpfisher

Quote Originally Posted by james1 View Post
    When you get them, go on the website and read a little on how to hold them. Its seems so easy, but its actually kind of tricky to set it in hand properly. also let me know which ones you can close when you get them.
    I got them, can close the 200 for a couple but I will probably start off working with the 150.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    I got them, can close the 200 for a couple but I will probably start off working with the 150.
    yea the 200 is closeable but its hard. the 300 and 350 i cant even budge lol. if you can close those you can probably crush steel lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My close grip bench & regular grip problem
    By fruitpunch24 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. Deadlifting: Mixed grip or regular, palms-down grip?
    By dannyboy9 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
  3. My grip
    By Loki420 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 05:47 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 11:03 AM