Targetting Triceps That Insert High

doublejj77

Awards
I like many others have high bicep and tricep insertions. Once i accepted this and started training my biceps specifically as high biceps with spider curls and incline DB curls instead of preacher curls for example.I made some good gains but my question is:

what exercises specifically target the tricep that inserts high up the arm. Theres no building the gap i know but how do we go about hitting what tricep i have most effectively?

Cheers

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I'm not an expert, but I think maybe any exercise that works the long head would add size:lying tricep extensions!!!

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
It varies from person to person, but the muscle fibers that are innervated by a single motor neuron are not clustered together--yet scattered apart. Also, when the motor neuron reaches threshold and the action potential is initiated all the muscle fibers that are innervated by that one motor neuron are stimulated to contract. This is why there is little variation between stimulated portions of muscle groups (e.g. upper/lower abs,chest).

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
you could try french presses with EZ curl bar. Key is to get the stretch @ the bottom,... so do them backwards on a preacher curl bench, so you can lean back a lil', with the pad supporting you, and get an insane stretch at the bottom of the rep.

Also flared out elbows' straight bar pushdowns work wonders for me. Flaring the elbows out, mimics that of a close grip bench but without pressure/pain on elbows or wrists.

ILiftBig

Awards
I like many others have high bicep and tricep insertions. Once i accepted this and started training my biceps specifically as high biceps with spider curls and incline DB curls instead of preacher curls for example.I made some good gains but my question is:

what exercises specifically target the tricep that inserts high up the arm. Theres no building the gap i know but how do we go about hitting what tricep i have most effectively?

Cheers
Check out this article that I put together on TRAINING THE TRICEPS.