smaller arms???

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
does anyone ever have where your arms are actually bigger one day and the next they are smaller, or any body part for that matter?? wtf it happens to me all the time, i think i am gaining finally and BAM look smaller again?????

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Anorexics have similar,. critical self-perceptions. In some cases its called muscle dysmorphia. Our bodies, tissues, organs, etc. are in a constant state of flux. Calorie and water intake can affect this, as well as many other factors. I wouldnt worry about it, unless an underlying disease is the cause. Its normal for weight lifting males to be somewhat concerned about the size of their arms. The bottom line is genetics, you wont get any bigger than your DNA says you will. Perhaps your DNA is conversing with you.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are so many factors in this
Glycogen levels
Hydration
Inflammation from training

Don't be hyper critical of it. I use my vascularity as a gauge for my relative hydration/glycogen levels, but I don't fret too much when they're not visible.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
I go by the weight on the scale and how I look in the mirror. As long as the scale is going up and I'm not getting fat, I'm good.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
lol pretty good idea i guess, my weight is increasing, HOWEVER i am afraid that it is fat because i have lost some diffiition andd.... it appears to be fat when i touch it. prob from my 6 thousand calories i was intaking for awhile

B

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
There are so many factors in this
Glycogen levels
Hydration
Inflammation from training

Don't be hyper critical of it. I use my vascularity as a gauge for my relative hydration/glycogen levels, but I don't fret too much when they're not visible.
exactly what he said.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
lol pretty good idea i guess, my weight is increasing, HOWEVER i am afraid that it is fat because i have lost some diffiition andd.... it appears to be fat when i touch it. prob from my 6 thousand calories i was intaking for awhile
6k calories a day will do that to a person.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
does anyone ever have where your arms are actually bigger one day and the next they are smaller, or any body part for that matter?? wtf it happens to me all the time, i think i am gaining finally and BAM look smaller again?????
Its possible you overtrained and didnt get the right PWO nutrition.
When i ate less and trained hardcore i would be visibly smaller days after due to not eating properly and/or catibolism.

I used to ride this neverending rollercoaster not really getting much stronger and being a "hardgainer" it was only hard to gain cause i didnt eat enough healthy foods and i had a very fast metbolism.