Are we men to good for the stairclimber??

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Are we men to good for the stairclimber??

How many of you guy's actually use this machine. I workout at Life-time and there is a ****load of cardio equipment to cater to everyone,however i never see to many guy's on these things. I got on one today and got a good sweat going,looked around me,and realized i was the only dude on the stairmaster. I felt kinda weird..LOL. Like it was meant for the women only.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

It is meant for women only. The University of California, Los Angeles did a study in 1993 that showed that the repetitive hip/knee motion of the stair climber was a key point in lipolysis in women due to how it affects estrogen regulation. It was also shown in this same study that this motion can increase the aromatase enzyme in men leading to gynocomastia.

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Ok I was kidding...I don't like the stairclimber...I can't seem to zone out and do my cardio on it like I can on the treadmill, elliptical, or bike...

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

yea me either dude it sucks burns and i hate it.

5. New Member
    Answers

Personally, I'd rather bike. I walk up enough stairs during the day.

6. Professional Member
    Answers

Stairclimbers are one of the best pieces of cardio a bb can use. Works the $hit out of legs and works especially well at bringing seperation between quads and hams when bodyfat is low. many pro's love the stair climber for this reason

7. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    Stairclimbers are one of the best pieces of cardio a bb can use. Works the $hit out of legs and works especially well at bringing seperation between quads and hams when bodyfat is low. many pro's love the stair climber for this reason
    Ronnie Coleman for example.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

8. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

I never use them personally, I feel to much like a chick. Jus bein honest here.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    It is meant for women only. The University of California, Los Angeles did a study in 1993 that showed that the repetitive hip/knee motion of the stair climber was a key point in lipolysis in women due to how it affects estrogen regulation. It was also shown in this same study that this motion can increase the aromatase enzyme in men leading to gynocomastia.
    Hahaha, you got me. I was about to start throwing the bullsh8t flag around till I saw your next post. Good one.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

10. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  900 lbs.
    Answers

I admit to being one of the guys that glances over at the stair climber thinking....HELL NO! but i reckon ill give it a go on leg day just to finish of my workout and fry those legs! But saying that ill take it really easy because when i first started out i tried to show the dumbell lunges who was boss and ended up walking like john wayne for the rest of the week because of the pain!

11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I don't do it because when I enter the cardio room I go straight for the treadmill to work on my running... Gonna switch it up and use it on my leg days though. Ours are all located in the back of the room with your ass 3 feet from the glass. Great for looking at women but i don't think the dudes walking by will appreciate me on it

12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    I don't like the stairclimber...I can't seem to zone out and do my cardio on it like I can on the treadmill, elliptical, or bike...
    Zoning out is not a great strategy: if you want to get the most out of your efforts, pay attention to what you're doing. ESPECIALLY the boring parts.

Zoning out leads to carelessness, wasted effort, & injury. Doesn't mean 'stay out of the zone' it means 'pay attention!"

13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I don't do it because when I enter the cardio room I go straight for the treadmill to work on my running... Gonna switch it up and use it on my leg days though. Ours are all located in the back of the room with your ass 3 feet from the glass. Great for looking at women but i don't think the dudes walking by will appreciate me on it
    I feel I get a MUCH better effect from cardio if I'm NOT in the gum. I prefer walking over actual rough ground & uneven terrain to a treadmill & actual snow or sand over ellipticals, and rollerblades over ski-machines. And hill-climbing to stairs...and stairs to stairmasters.

14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Really? I never thought of it as a woman's piece of equipment. Its really the only thing i do cardio on. It is great for the calves and legs I like it better then me pounding on a treadmill. The stairs are in the back so i can look at all the females(if any hot ones) in front of me. I get a burn faster on the stairs than any other cardio equipment. I always thougth the eliptical was for chicks.

15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Zoning out is not a great strategy: if you want to get the most out of your efforts, pay attention to what you're doing. ESPECIALLY the boring parts.

Zoning out leads to carelessness, wasted effort, & injury. Doesn't mean 'stay out of the zone' it means 'pay attention!"
    Zoning out has always been an awesome strategy for me and it's hasn't caused any injuries yet...Depending what gym I'm at I either turn a movie on on the TV attached to the cardio equipment or I turn a movie on on my iPod and go to town.

16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  257 lbs.
    Answers

I usually do my cardio one day on a stair climber and efx machine on the next, I love it come lean out time, i guess I can just get in the "zone" really well.

17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I'm down with the stairclimber.
    NSCA - CSCS

18. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Answers

I'm down with that or the elliptical, running on a tread is tough on my knees after boarding for 10+ years.

19. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    I never use them personally, I feel to much like a chick. Jus bein honest here.
    Well u wouldn't feel like a chick on them if you took off the sports bra and wig and threw on a regular tshirt:bruce3:

In all seriousness if you watch a lot of the pro's dvd's most of them prefer the stair climber for it's ability to carve those little details in the legs. And personally if you want to destroy your legs, grab a pair of 20lb DB"s and hop on the stair climber for 30 minutes. THe next day you'll need a cane. By no means if that a complete leg work out but every now and then throw it in for a little spice.

20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Hey all. I'm new here so I may as well embarass myself and admit that I think the stairclimber rocks.

It's especially brutal on leg days and is great for fat burn. Also I like it's height, you are more parallel to the TV's and get a great view of all the chicks on the treadmills. Can't go wrong. I usually run but I hate elypticals and it's fun to change it up and hit the stairs.

At my gym at least I see lots of other guys using them.

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Stairclimber will definitely give you a good workout. In general, I don't care what people think of me using certain equipment at the gym.

22. New Member
    Answers

the step master gives me the best cardio workouts, second only to the rowing machine
    its excellent for HIIT too, something which you cant replicate on a treadmill.
    imo, most people dont use it cos its hard. try doing it without holding on to the handles.

23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Answers

stairmasters aren't gay. The leg spreader thing that works the inner thighs... now thats gay.

24. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

stairclimbers are awesome. Use it at least once a week.

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Unhappy

Try the Stepmill... It's a "whole nother animal!!"

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. whats good tren/ is finaflex 550xd good
    By jay21 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 11:10 PM
  2. I made these burgers last night...good or no good?
    By LeeRoi in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
  4. Thyro-Cuts II..good or no good?
    By ZoMbSta in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 10:52 PM