Favorite Lift

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    Yeah, I've actually heard it described as "squatting behind the bar," which makes sense if you think about it.
    Cool... I'll give it a go on Sunday

2. I actually can't single out just one... There are no lifts that I dislike (with the exception of that sh*t on those big balls). Back's def my favorite day though.

3. Good instructional vid except for one crucial part is off: on the eccentric portion of the lift, you do not slowly lower the weight, you drop it to the floor (more or less).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

4. Skull Crushers and Bent Over Barbell Rows for me, although it's hard for me to keep form when I try to go really heavy on the rows.

5. Over head squats ,deads

6. THE GRIPPER

7. yes i know

8. I suggest some heavy grippers..... i got 100/150/200/250/300

they r pretty rough but bo your hands up! Im gettin kung fu grip! I can only close the 200 maybe 4 times. its great sh!t
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

9. squats i hate deadlifts but do them anyway

10. **** pushups

11. by your self or with a partner?

that is the question
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

12. i like lifting girls in the air?

over my head

13. i do them with jack black

14. Quote Originally Posted by jtp217 View Post
    Either front squats or deadlifts. I suck horribly at both which is why I like them. Nothing like a challenge.

QFT I suck bad at both, but in 1 month ive gone from barely being able to lift 225, to being able to do 315 4x.

15. Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfWeight View Post
    i like lifting girls in the air?

over my head

I do that with my lady all the time- one of my favorites because it means I'm carryin her to the bedroom- kind of like caveman status without the club in my hand... ok well sometimes there is a club in my hand but not the type you bash over someones head.

Others: Deads, Squats, DB Incline Press.

16. ive had one for about 2 weeks now:

rope pull downs from the floor. I have been doing a similar pullover movement for about a year, standing in front of a lat machine, with arms locked straight, pulling downward. So I watched pumpin iron for the 5,000th time 2 weeks ago,.. and remembered seeing arnold, do these from the floor, under the pulley, with the rope attachement. Tried em', and Ive been in heaven since.

17. 12oz curls, you can do them any where

18. Quote Originally Posted by sportsbro21 View Post
    12oz curls, you can do them any where
    i prefer 40oz curls

19. i'm a fan of incline bench and close-grip bench!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

20. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i prefer 40oz curls
    haha touché

21. incline bench, bent over rows, and wide grip pull downs

22. Quote Originally Posted by maurice02 View Post
    incline bench, bent over rows, and wide grip pull downs
    Good call, pull downs are a favorite of mine as well.

23. t bar row is pretty cool too. im surprised it hasnt really been mentioned. at least I dont think.

24. Agreed, you can really feel it all over your back on T-Bar rows. I don't see them performed often at my gym.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Forearm pain??? To lift or not to lift?
    By Mikegun in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 10:46 AM
  2. What's your favorite compound shoulder lift?
    By Joshua86 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 09:18 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 12:24 PM